PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice our LB's pre-snap???

RougeDawg
10-10-2014, 09:16 AM
They seem to be calling the plays before the offense snaps the ball, and they are correct most times. This has been a big reason we have been so dominant on defense when we choose to. Im not sure what it is but it seems like our guys are studying the film more in depth than just formations and tendencies. They seem to be finding the small differences in running and passing plays. They must be picking up on something so minute that even the offense doesn't realize they are doing and tipping off the plays. For Instance a lineman having his feet in different positions on a pass berries a run play or the place Marshall holds his hands pre snap. When playing baseball we used to look for tendencies of pitchers such as holding his glove a particular way on fastballs and a different way on offspeed.

It seems like our D is doing something similar and keying on the plays. Our LB's wave their hands over their helmets when they detect a pass play. Has anyone else noticed this? This is why I think we roll Auburn and can win out. We have prepared our players beyond what most teams prepare.

engie
10-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Beniquez and Richie are both very, very cerebral players. Beni's rise as leader on D has freed McKinney to do a lot more stuff athletically...

MaxedOutMaroon
10-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Our LB's have done this for few years. It is important to have intelligent LB's. I seriously believe that we have the best linebackers and linebackers coach in the nation. So much more goes into that position than tackling and covering. Also, Beni is a lot faster than I expected. Finally, I don't know if yall will agree, but I think Matt Wells has been the best player defensively this year. He eats up the screens and can cover down field.

jeremyrbrown
10-10-2014, 09:35 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11638695

Homedawg
10-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Our LB's have done this for few years. It is important to have intelligent LB's. I seriously believe that we have the best linebackers and linebackers coach in the nation. So much more goes into that position than tackling and covering. Also, Beni is a lot faster than I expected. Finally, I don't know if yall will agree, but I think Matt Wells has been the best player defensively this year. He eats up the screens and can cover down field.

Your point about wells is a good one. He's been great. Hard to pick best lb though. What wells and b brown allowed us to do last week was stay in our base personnel package and cover a&m's spread w-o going nickel or some. Not many teams can do that. Those guys are special.

DudyDawg
10-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Everyone knows about wells speed and covering, but I have been blown away by his tackling. Every single time I see him he has two hands wrapped and doesn't miss if he gets a hold. We started calling him Matt "textbook" wells last week. He's impressive

RougeDawg
10-10-2014, 10:23 AM

They may have been signaling for years, but have they been as accurate as they are this year?

Coach34
10-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Beniquez and Richie are both very, very cerebral players. Beni's rise as leader on D has freed McKinney to do a lot more stuff athletically...

Engie hit on it- Beni is more of a natural LB'er than McKinney is. Then add in the apparent film study he puts in, and he is playing lights out. Richie is also a very sharp player- and seeing him coming in on 3rd downs and other packages just shows his versatility. Those two in the middle next year with Green getting experience and learning from both will make our LB'ers special yet again

DudyDawg
10-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Engie hit on it- Beni is more of a natural LB'er than McKinney is. Then add in the apparent film study he puts in, and he is playing lights out. Richie is also a very sharp player- and seeing him coming in on 3rd downs and other packages just shows his versatility. Those two in the middle next year with Green getting experience and learning from both will make our LB'ers special yet again

Agree. And I believe zack Jackson could very well be our next hybrid guy like wells

preachermatt83
10-10-2014, 01:06 PM

nailed it!

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 01:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11638695

That's insane. It was as if Benny new exactly what play it was and exactly which hole to hit. Very impressive. And it's not like A&M runs a lot of power sets,so that was just in depth film study right there.