PDA

View Full Version : True Maroon

dickiedawg
10-10-2014, 08:03 AM
This may have been discussed, but the stadium looked so freaking awesome on Saturday. I wish every game could be True Maroon, save maybe a white out.
Getting all cutesy with Upper Deck Maroon, Lower Level White- I just don't get it.

IMissJack
10-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Agree, all maroon (especially in a Day Game) looks great, because the maroon is actually lighted well enough to show up as a color. I would have thought if they split it up it would be maroon on the bottom, but I really don't care.

Covercorner2
10-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Here's the other thing: The majority of our fanbase is going to wearing white while representing State on College Gameday. Shouldn't we wear our prominent color during our biggest marketing event possibly ever?

DawgHouseUnited
10-10-2014, 08:19 AM
Agree, all maroon (especially in a Day Game) looks great, because the maroon is actually lighted well enough to show up as a color. I would have thought if they split it up it would be maroon on the bottom, but I really don't care.

Don't they have one game where it's reversed- white on top and maroon in the lower bowls?

dickiedawg
10-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Here's the other thing: The majority of our fanbase is going to wearing white while representing State on College Gameday. Shouldn't we wear our prominent color during our biggest marketing event possibly ever?

This is a great point, but the color scheme was scheduled long before gameday was announced. They couldn't exactl switch it last minute.

There is another game where it's switched.

maroonmania
10-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Don't they have one game where it's reversed- white on top and maroon in the lower bowls?

Yea, there is a game later where its reversed, but for this one its white in lower tier and maroon in upper deck. Don't know if any of you saw the orange and white checkerboard pattern TN did last week with their fans but it looked awesome.

TheRef
10-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Yea, there is a game later where its reversed, but for this one its white in lower tier and maroon in upper deck. Don't know if any of you saw the orange and white checkerboard pattern TN did last week with their fans but it looked awesome.

Mizzou wants to do tiger stripes...if they can pull that off....holy Hell....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bzho8iACUAEgIzv.jpg

Coackjek
10-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Mizzou wants to do tiger stripes...if they can pull that off....holy Hell....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bzho8iACUAEgIzv.jpg

I agree! That would be amazing for them. The only way I think they could do it is placing shirts in the seats and then having the crowd wear said shirts.

Coach34
10-10-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm going to wear maroon like it always do and sit in the lower deck.

RougeDawg
10-10-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm going to wear maroon like it always do and sit in the lower deck.

I'm bringing both colors and will wear accordingly to what I see everyone else wearing.