PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think Auburn might try to cripple Dak?

Mutt the Hoople
10-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Auburn knows there's no way they can win the SEC West as long as Dak Prescott is QB at The Mississippi State University. You think they'll try to take Dak out the same way? I know Florida crippled Sleepy Robinson in 1992. They paid for it by State totally destroying them that night. However, they knew we weren't contenders for the SEC title anymore.

Like Florida in 1992, they know that if they cripple Dak, they might not get out of Starkville alive. However, they might also believe they can make the NCAA Playoff with one loss.

MSUDeltadawg1971
10-09-2014, 10:10 PM
I think if they try, you'll see Dylan stomping on more than just a midsection!

JDog13
10-09-2014, 10:14 PM
In 2001, when the refs gave the game to BYU. The refs ran to their van and you wouldn't believe the amount of older people running after them. Beating on the van, cussing at em. We students were like holy cow look at them go. I imagine if that happened to Dak Saturday....It could get ugly some where around that stadium.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-09-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm just worried he's going to take a hit like he did from the aTm player that got ejected and get a little dizzy. We know he's tough, but you know the DC's are telling their guys to hit every potential ball carrier, especially Dak.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2014, 10:22 PM
I think Dak will be heavily protected by the refs just like Manning and Brady are. Slive knows how big of a deal and how good for college football Dak is. I think there will be penalties flags thrown if Auburn breathes on him late.

I also think so many players and coaches have so much respect for Dak that they won't try anything like that.

JDog13
10-09-2014, 10:24 PM
I think Dak will be heavily protected by the refs just like Manning and Brady are. Slive knows how big of a deal and how good for college football Dak is. I think there will be penalties flags thrown if Auburn breathes on him late.

I also think so many players and coaches have so much respect for Dak that they won't try anything like that.

I'd agree with that on any of the other teams. This is the Barn we are talking about after all.

msstate7
10-09-2014, 10:24 PM
They wouldn't want us returning the favor on marshall. I don't think they will be dirty; but if given the shot, they'll hit Dak which they should

Mutt the Hoople
10-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Yeah, the players may have "respect", but there are coaches in this conference making 6 and 7 figure salaries, who don't want to hear boosters complaining, "Why cain't you beat 'lil ol Mititippi Sthtate?" I'm afraid Gus Malzahn and his staff will put a hit on Dak, and then they'll "pray" for him the next morning at chruch.

Mutt the Hoople
10-09-2014, 10:29 PM
I'd agree with that on any of the other teams. This is the Barn we are talking about after all.

I can see them going for Dak's knees at every chance. A shot to the head will get flagged, and the player booted. A shot to the knees won't be penalized.

dawgoneyall
10-09-2014, 10:29 PM
We are talking Auburn.

BossDawg
10-09-2014, 10:32 PM
I feel sorry (no I don't) for the AU player that blatantly tries and/or succeeds. I doubt he will make it out of the stadium under his own power.

Mutt the Hoople
10-09-2014, 10:34 PM
I feel sorry (no I don't) for the AU player that blatantly tries and/or succeeds. I doubt he will make it out of the stadium under his own power.
No, he'll probably get out nice and safe, then have his picture placed on Jordan Hare, along with Pat Sullivan, Bo Jackson, and Cam Newton.

Bully13
10-09-2014, 10:37 PM

that's a dag gum possibility shotgun.. It's nice to be thought of that way and we just may very well have reached that pinacle. nice to be respected and maybe we've reached that... good post..

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2014, 10:40 PM
I think Malzahn is an OK guy, and remember that the Auburn staff has Melvin Smith, JB Grimes, Ellis Johnson, etc on it. All these guys have way too much respect for MSU to pull something like that.

I think we will be fine. I'd be more worried about a UT Martin player that has something to prove, or a kentucky player that has a chip on their shoulder, trying something

Mutt the Hoople
10-09-2014, 10:44 PM
I think Malzahn is an OK guy, and remember that the Auburn staff has Melvin Smith, JB Grimes, Ellis Johnson, etc on it. All these guys have way too much respect for MSU to pull something like that.

I think we will be fine. I'd be more worried about a UT Martin player that has something to prove, or a kentucky player that has a chip on their shoulder, trying something
You don't think Melvin, Grimes, and Johnson might have a chip on their shoulder against The Mississippi State University? This could be their way of getting payback.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2014, 11:00 PM
You don't think Melvin, Grimes, and Johnson might have a chip on their shoulder against The Mississippi State University? This could be their way of getting payback.

Nah, they are too professional for that owe too much of their own success to MSU. Especially Melvin.

JDog13
10-09-2014, 11:01 PM

If Melvin had respect for us, wouldn't he have stayed?

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2014, 11:06 PM
It's Auburn. Of course they will. Expect a few cheap shots.

Schultzy
10-09-2014, 11:17 PM
You people have lost your mind, none of these coaches from auburn or anywhere else want to see players get hurt and they aren't encouraging it either.

Todd4State
10-09-2014, 11:21 PM

Payback for what? Being on Croom's staff?

I bet if you asked any one of them they would say that you should be fired at MSU for losing to Ole Miss 45-0.

Todd4State
10-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Honestly, I'm much more worried about Ole Miss trying to intentionally hurt Dak.

They've gotten into a fight with Memphis apparently for returning a kickoff and then they had the guy that kicked Ken Yan Drake last week. Among other things.

Todd4State
10-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Auburn knows there's no way they can win the SEC West as long as Dak Prescott is QB at The Mississippi State University. You think they'll try to take Dak out the same way? I know Florida crippled Sleepy Robinson in 1992. They paid for it by State totally destroying them that night. However, they knew we weren't contenders for the SEC title anymore.

Like Florida in 1992, they know that if they cripple Dak, they might not get out of Starkville alive. However, they might also believe they can make the NCAA Playoff with one loss.

Honestly, I don't remember Florida taking Sleepy out. What I remember was Sleepy made a cut and then his leg went out. I don't think it was a dirty play, but I haven't seen video of it either.

cheewgumm
10-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Wow. I think this is a HUGE stretch. You have to anticipate nobody is trying to hurt people on purpose.

Mutt the Hoople
10-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Honestly, I don't remember Florida taking Sleepy out. What I remember was Sleepy made a cut and then his leg went out. I don't think it was a dirty play, but I haven't seen video of it either.

No, I remember watching it. The Florida player went straight at his knees. Later, I read where that player say, "I GOT HIM!"

Political Hack
10-10-2014, 07:00 AM
LSU tried to rip his head off.

He's still trucking linebackers.

Political Hack
10-10-2014, 07:00 AM
Wow. I think this is a HUGE stretch. You have to anticipate nobody is trying to hurt people on purpose.

Who dat?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-10-2014, 07:55 AM
If Melvin had respect for us, wouldn't he have stayed?

Isn't Melvin getting a retirement check from the state?

Sacrifice
10-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Did anybody besides me think Qualen Cunningham tried to take Dak out on the first drive of the game Saturday? I've watched the replay several times and he launches the top of his helmet straight into Daks chin, it wasn't even close to being a legal hit.

Political Hack
10-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Did anybody besides me think Qualen Cunningham tried to take Dak out on the first drive of the game Saturday? I've watched the replay several times and he launches the top of his helmet straight into Daks chin, it wasn't even close to being a legal hit.

they're aware of it I'm sure. that's why the kid was ejected. I think they're going to protect players. That's why day was suspended, and maybe rightfully so... just hate that other kids are doing more and worse and getting away with it because no one whined about it.

TrapGame
I do believe Melvin was not given a choice to stay. He was asked to find another job by Mullen.

Political Hack

they're aware of it I'm sure. that's why the kid was ejected. I think they're going to protect players. That's why day was suspended, and maybe rightfully so... just hate that other kids are doing more and worse and getting away with it because no one whined about it.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2014, 08:44 AM
I don't think the coaching staff will order it and I don't know if a Auburn Defender will try it but I know one thing watching the A & M game that helmet to helmet hit was an attempt by that guy. His intent was to hurt Dak. No doubt in my mind.

Political Hack
10-10-2014, 08:51 AM
I do believe Melvin was not given a choice to stay. He was asked to find another job by Mullen.

that's my understanding as well.

dawgpound
10-10-2014, 08:57 AM
The refs will protect him when he is in the pocket but if he is running the ball then there really isn't a such thing as unnecessary roughness