PDA

View Full Version : Matt

Belegal
10-09-2014, 09:33 PM
He was just on SEC network- did a professional job & represented us well, We are blessed to have him represent MSU and I am proud of our whole staff! Still not pleased with our local newspaper writers!

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2014, 09:41 PM
I like Matt and believe he is a good representative for our university, but it drives me nuts how conservative about MSU, when I listen to Head to Head.

Plainly, Matt doesn't hate Ole Miss as much as most MSU fans do because he is from Alabama and is married to an Ole Miss girl. However, Richard Cross grew up in Oxford, is married to an Ole Miss girl, and has disliked MSU his entire life.

Due to these dynamics, on Head to Head, Richard backs Ole Miss and bashes MSU more aggressively because it's more natural and emotional for him.

It is what it is, and I don't blame Matt because of where Matt grew up and who he is married to, but man it frustrates me sometimes when he is so conservative and passive about defending MSU or calling out Ole Miss.

Again, it always seems like Ole Miss gets the "homer" and MSU gets the level headed, keep it professional, toe the line, rational guy.

Pollodawg
10-09-2014, 09:43 PM
I like Matt and believe he is a good representative for our university, but it drives me nuts how conservative about MSU, when I listen to Head to Head.

Plainly, Matt doesn't hate Ole Miss as much as most MSU fans do because he is from Alabama and is married to an Ole Miss girl. However, Richard Cross grew up in Oxford, is married to an Ole Miss girl, and has disliked MSU his entire life.

Due to these dynamics, on Head to Head, Richard backs Ole Miss and bashes MSU more aggressively because it's more natural for him.

It is what it is, and I don't blame Matt because of where Matt grew up and who he is married to, but man it frustrates me sometimes when he is so conservative and passive about defending MSU or calling out Ole Miss.

Matt is a former player here obviously. I am sure he hates OM as much as anyone else does. He just isn't a whiny dick about it. He makes us look better than Cross makes OM look in this regard. But saying that he doesn't dislike OM as much as the average State fan because he isn't from here despite the fact that he actually played football here is really kinda....well.......I don't know.

FlabLoser
10-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Matt carries a level of professionalism on the air. He represents us well and stays above the fray. Richard Cross isn't quite at that level.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Matt is a former player here obviously. I am sure he hates OM as much as anyone else does. he just isn't a whiny dick about it.

I disagree. When you are a player, you usually don't hate rivals as much as the fans. Think about it, do you hate Ole Miss fans or Ole Miss players?

Most of the athletes are just there to play, win, and get to the NFL. I think you would find that most Ole Miss players are good kids and probably very similar to our kids. The difference is the fans.

I think in-state players may have a little more hatred for the rival for out of state players, but, due to Matt being from out of state, and married to an Ole Miss girl, I don't think he hates Ole Miss as much as 95% of our fan base.

There certainly isn't anything wrong this, and Matt is under no obligation to hate Ole Miss. However, it does come through on Head to Head when Matt is just far more conservative than Richard in how he attacks Ole Miss or promotes MSU.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Matt carries a level of professionalism on the air. He represents us well and stays above the fray. Richard Cross isn't quite at that level.

I agree, but I'm not quite sure that's a good thing because every MSU media guy does that. Meanwhile, the aggressive Ole Miss media aggressively sets out to create an inaccurate perception.

I like Matt and am certainly not bashing him, but I do wish sometimes that MSU had a few more delusional homers in the media to help create a better perception.

Mutt the Hoople
10-09-2014, 09:56 PM
No, the average MSU guy (Matt Wyatt, Bo Bounds) go to great lengths to "be reasonable" and "Look at both sides". On the other hand, Ole Miss announcers are as rabid against State as Gay Rights protesters crashing a Catholic mass and desecrating the Host.*

*-I'm growing as an internet poster. Notice I didn't categorize Ole Miss boosters as rabid, sheet-wearing, cross-burning, church-bombing racists....that would inflame things.

JDog13
10-09-2014, 10:05 PM
I know Matt's wife went to OM. Isn't she smokin hot? Maybe he's livin happy wife happy life.