PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or.....

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2014, 07:37 PM
....does anyone else want to move back to Starkville now?

Maybe get a nice place right off campus. Start a fraternity.....

These two weeks have been crazy. But the restaurant thread........ Back in my day, the egg bowl on campus and UF on a Thursday night was the height of football excitement. Tailgating was for only those guys on RV row. The best restaurants were Harvey's, CJs pizza, Danvers and there was a log cabin Burger King. Night life was cheers or the cross roads or Columbus or crashing someone's party in College Station.

To be 20 years old again......y'all live it and enjoy.

gravedigger
10-09-2014, 07:39 PM
I did 4 years ago and will never leave again. Of course i grew up here. I was also gone for 20 years. But this is as close to heaven as earth gets.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-09-2014, 07:41 PM

These two weeks have been crazy. But the restaurant thread........ Back in my day, the egg bowl on campus and UF on a Thursday night was the height of football excitement. Tailgating was for only those guys on RV row. The best restaurants were Harvey's, CJs pizza, Danvers and there was a log cabin Burger King. Night life was cheers or the cross roads or Columbus or crashing someone's party in College Station.

Youth is wasted on the young.

IMissJack
10-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Is that you Frank the Tank?

msstate7
I live a little over an hour away. It would be great to actually live there though, so I could attend more basketball and baseball games

ShotgunDawg

Oh, I can imagine

http://www.movpins.com/big/MV5BODM1MzU4MzYyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjY4Nzc3Mw/still-of-will-ferrell-in-old-school-(2003)-large-picture.jpg

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Lived in beautiful Starkvegas since 2008. Love it.

Saltydog
10-09-2014, 07:58 PM
to party......There was Classix, The Club, Bob's in Columbus.....Cheers was about it in Starkville.....

oldjoedawg
10-09-2014, 08:01 PM
to party......There was Classix, The Club, Bob's in Columbus.....Cheers was about it in Starkville.....

In my foolish days ('58-'62) it was Snow White...Southernaire...Golden Bell...Stein Club... and a few more that I have forgotten...

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2014, 08:05 PM

I stole a set of salt and pepper shakers from Danvers the last night they were open; met my wife at The Club (W girl of course); and learned how to spin a warm beer on ice to get it cold on the way home from Sack n' Save. It would be awesome to move back when I retire just for the sports.

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Threw back a number of cold ones at The Club with guys on the 91 team. Good times.

State82
10-09-2014, 08:44 PM
and learned how to spin a warm beer on ice to get it cold

That brought a smile to my face. Haven't heard that one in quite a while. Spinning a hot beer. 5-7 minutes and its good to go. Less if you are really thirsty.

Intramural All-American
10-09-2014, 09:12 PM
I moved back 2 months ago. Perfect timing I'd say. I can't wait to be able to go to every basketball and baseball game I want to. However, it's definitely not the same as actually being in college. Being a student right now would be amazing.

deltadawg99
10-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Would do it in a heartbeat

hailmari
10-09-2014, 09:38 PM
I've been gone for three months and I've been depressed every day since.

DawgHouseUnited
10-10-2014, 08:17 AM
I've been lobbying my wife to try and get a job at State. She will finish her first master's soon but she likes where she is right now... Been about 15 years since I lived there.

bulldogcountry1
10-10-2014, 09:56 AM
When I graduated in 2001, I mostly hated the town of Starkville. It was pretty bare, and the town was doing nothing to embrace the School.

We now go to many baseball games and love spending spring weekends there.