PDA

View Full Version : Radio Link

SaltyDawg
05-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Just read Bob Carskadon's lastest article- does anyone have a link or know where to find Jim Ellis's radio call on Master's homerun against FSU in the 1990 Regional?

swdawg
05-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Here ya go...

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/mississippi-state-baseball-history/2013/2/11/3978170/mississippi-state-baseball-countdown-to-first-pitch-day-5-burke-masters-grand-slam

Just read Bob Carskadon's lastest article- does anyone have a link or know where to find Jim Ellis's radio call on Master's homerun against FSU in the 1990 Regional?

SaltyDawg
05-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Much appreciated.

Ronny
05-30-2013, 08:18 PM

Burke Masters was already 5-for-5 on the day, yet they still threw him something down the middle.

Even if they would have walked him via 4 junk pitches out of the zone (which they should have done), it would have merely walked in the tying run.

If you think Cohen sometimes pulls some dumb moves, think how stupid you have to be to throw middle-plate strikes to a guy who is 5 for 5 on the day.

SaltyDawg
05-31-2013, 01:38 AM
Burke Masters was already 5-for-5 on the day, yet they still threw him something down the middle.

Even if they would have walked him via 4 junk pitches out of the zone (which they should have done), it would have merely walked in the tying run.

If you think Cohen sometimes pulls some dumb moves, think how stupid you have to be to throw middle-plate strikes to a guy who is 5 for 5 on the day.

You're crazy if you wouldv'e walked in the tying run. INSANE.

Have you ever heard of the "law of averages" in baseball? How many times does a hitter go 6-6? Not often. I'll take my chances.

Ronny
05-31-2013, 10:38 AM
You're crazy if you wouldv'e walked in the tying run. INSANE.

Have you ever heard of the "law of averages" in baseball? How many times does a hitter go 6-6? Not often. I'll take my chances.

MSU plays Vandy &/or LSU in the CWS, & Tony Kemp &/or Alex Bregman have gone 5 for 5 on the day against MSU pitching, & Cohen calls for a strike down the middle to either Kemp or Bregman with the bases loaded, Cohen should be fired on the spot.

SaltyDawg
05-31-2013, 02:28 PM
MSU plays Vandy &/or LSU in the CWS, & Tony Kemp &/or Alex Bregman have gone 5 for 5 on the day against MSU pitching, & Cohen calls for a strike down the middle to either Kemp or Bregman with the bases loaded, Cohen should be fired on the spot.

Calling for a fastball down the middle and throwing to a guy are completely different things. If Cohen intentionally walked in the tying run and STILL had the bases loaded, this place along with every other MSU message board would literally explode.

ScottyDawg
05-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks SW