PDA

View Full Version : Emotional Letdown

cheewgumm
10-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Listening to SVP show on ESPN, either SVP or someone else was wondering if State could get up for another game after spending so much emotion against A&M. I wonder your thoughts. I don't think we expended much emotion in that one...we were up 21....at half.

Now, to me, who should be worried about that...Ole Miss U...hell they tore down the goalposts and carried the QB off on their shoulders. Seems the definition of "emotional letdown".

mstatefan91
10-09-2014, 02:48 PM
It's gameday, it's #3 vs. #2. Our guys are at home. The game wasn't even close last week. Nobody rushed a field.

But of course lil MSU must have expended lots and lots of emotion to be able to win that game that handily. Eff them.

Bubb Rubb
10-09-2014, 02:48 PM
Listening to SVP show on ESPN, either SVP or someone else was wondering if State could get up for another game after spending so much emotion against A&M. I wonder your thoughts. I don't think we expended much emotion in that one...we were up 21....at half.

Now, to me, who should be worried about that...Ole Miss U...hell they tore down the goalposts and carried the QB off on their shoulders. Seems the definition of "emotional letdown".

I don't think it's possible to have an emotional letdown against the #2 team in the country. You're just naturally going to be jacked for that game. If we were playing Arkansas, I would be worried about it.

I can see UMiss having an emotional letdown - because they think they're better than A&M.

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2014, 02:53 PM
I didn't really think we were all that emotional last week. Against LSU, yes, but not last week. It won't be a problem either way for this game.

RAYn_Man
10-09-2014, 02:54 PM
We have a bye week next week. We'll be balls to the wall for 4 quarters.

Spider-Man
10-09-2014, 02:54 PM
My friend spoke to Jamoral Graham after the game and said they knew they were going to whip A&M's ass. Could tell from the film that they were overrated.

Chinchilla
10-09-2014, 02:55 PM

That makes no sense to me. We both had big home games last week that we won easily. Neither team should be able to blame a letdown if they play poorly.

yjnkdawg
10-09-2014, 03:04 PM
This team and coaching staff are on a mission, so an emotional letdown is not in their vocabulary, I don't think. Playing at home, ESPN Game Day, CBS game. playing for possibly a NO 1 ranking and their mission, I dont think that wiil be an issue.

EnterpriseDawg
10-09-2014, 03:06 PM
My friend spoke to Jamoral Graham after the game and said they knew they were going to whip A&M's ass. Could tell from the film that they were overrated.

I'd like to know how they feel about Auburn having watch a weeks worth of film by now.

RougeDawg
10-09-2014, 03:08 PM
If our game vs A&M had gone down to the wire, then I could see this topic being discussed. But given that we put that game away before halftime and had a 48-17 lead with 3 minutes left in the game, how much emotion did we really exude in that one? Like I posted earlier in the week, this team has been pretty even keel all season no matter the opponent. They take a business approach to every game and just kick asses. The only emotional letdown this week will be all the Barner fans thinking they have a cake walk this weekend.

preachermatt83
10-09-2014, 04:25 PM
I'd like to know how they feel about Auburn having watch a weeks worth of film by now.

They believe this is the best team they have played all year BUT they believe that WE are better. Our players believe that if we are on our game there is no one in the country that can beat us.

I seen it dawg
10-09-2014, 04:35 PM
It's just business until January

dawgpound
10-09-2014, 04:41 PM
No way we have a let down... This game is huge

Pollodawg
10-09-2014, 04:54 PM
The men barely broke a sweat last Saturday. We weren't up. We're just good.

codeDawg
10-09-2014, 05:04 PM

I'm guessing he didn't say the same thing about Auburn...