PDA

View Full Version : Starkville Restaurants for this Weekend

Outside Dawg
10-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Heading to the game this weekend and thinking about restaurants in town for Friday lunch and dinner. Ive been to several of the longer term ones (Veranda, Restaurant Tyler, Grill, etc), but I started searching around and several places I hadn't heard of started popping up. Whats the word on these?

Tyler Upstairs
The Guest Room (speakeasy bar beneath Tyler)
Stagger In Grill
Commodore Bobs
Dawg House Sports Grill
Bin 612

Outside Dawg
10-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Also, I think I saw where Starkville's Sweetgum Brewing launched this week. Are bottles in stock anywhere or are they mostly draft at some bars/restaurants so far? Thanks guys.

TheRef
10-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Also, I think I saw where Starkville's Sweetgum Brewing launched this week. Are bottles in stock anywhere or are they mostly draft at some bars/restaurants so far? Thanks guys.

They are available in bottles. I would probably say check Brewski's or some of the usual places that have craft beers.

DudyDawg
10-09-2014, 10:01 AM
All those are good. Wings and Philly cheese is good at stagger and good beer. Bin has great pizzas paninis burgers and beer. Get cheese fries. New place called Two Brothers (where old jeans cafe was) has good duck sliders. Basically anywhere in the district and downtown. Tyler is good too

SouthMsDawg
10-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Where is Commodore Bobs? I have never heard of or been there, and I come to and know Starkville pretty well.

DudyDawg
10-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Where is Commodore Bobs? I have never heard of or been there, and I come to and know Starkville pretty well.

It is behind where rock bottom used to be. Two brothers is directly behind drifters and next to commodore bobs

dickiedawg
10-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Tyler Upstairs and Dawg House are both excellent. Both will be crowded this weekend.

Haven't been to commodore bobs, it's an upscale place and I just haven't been.
Bin 612, I haven't been in a while and it is utterly forgettable. Stagger Inn was pretty good, fairly cheap eats.
As for two Brothers, forgettable would have been an improvement.

There's Lost Pizza which is fairly new (it is a chain but pretty good) and Penn's catfish (also a chain, but brand new to Starkville.) I like both.

hailmari
10-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Where's Penn's? That must have come in within the past couple of months.

TheRef
10-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Where's Penn's? That must have come in within the past couple of months.

Penn's is where 3 Little Pigs was. On 12 over on that big curve.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-09-2014, 05:55 PM
I wouldnt limit myself to just Starkville, Columbus has several good restaurants and the drive isnt terrible. Hucks Place and Zacharys are pretty good and fairly priced.

DudyDawg
10-09-2014, 06:49 PM
The bin is probably my favorite place in starkville. I love sitting outside with a cold beer on a pretty day and eating an Italian panini. Also doesn't hurt to live a block away

BulldogBear
10-09-2014, 07:20 PM
I found a restaurant.com gift certificate for Cowbell Sports Grill. Anybody got the skinny on them?

Coach34
10-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Cappe's has great food