PDA

View Full Version : I wish (fill in name) was here to see this.

Maroon Blood
10-09-2014, 08:49 AM
I would venture to guess that there are tens of thousands of MSU folks who have lost loved ones that celebrated and suffered many years supporting MSU football and dreamed of seeing all of this transpire. I'd like to present a toast to those who are now enjoying the view from "The Land of Milk and Honey" - like Jack Cristil - but who we miss deeply and wish they could be with us on Saturday.

Mine is my late father, Wiley Carter, MSU Class of 1958. He would absolutely love all that is happening. If you ever get a chance, drop by the Wiley Carter Memorial on campus. It?s the fountain that sits on the Drill Field side of Mitchell Memorial Library.

Are any of you missing loved ones, too? Who?

BulldogBear
10-09-2014, 08:51 AM
My grandfather. My dad can remember going to some Egg Bowl with him that we lost and hearing him mumble to himself complaining that "we used to beat them all the time." My Grandpa was there in the 30s

RC3
10-09-2014, 09:00 AM
My grandfather. Me and my dad had this conversation on Monday

10-09-2014, 09:04 AM
My wife's grandfather. He was a manager with the team in 1941 and made the drive along with a few other managers to the game in San Francisco, yes, drive. Went off to the war before returning to State to finish. He passed away earlier this summer at 90.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-09-2014, 09:16 AM
No. 97, 21, and 36...forever OUR dawgs!

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2014, 09:18 AM
My dad. He died 11 years ago this coming up November. He was one of those rare people that liked both MS schools, but he certainly pulled for MSU with full fervor. Even pulled for them in the Egg Bowl once I was old enough to know what football was. I think the main reason he liked TSUN was that he was an Archie fan so that was where his tie to them was. He would really enjoy seeing both schools #3 right now.

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2014, 09:39 AM
My Dad and my Uncle. Dad didn't go to many games but he always watch or listened. We lost him this past winter. I find myself still wanting to pick up the phone and call him during games. My uncle was president of his county Bulldog Club for nearly 2 decades. He has been gone for a while. It goes without saying that all of us wish Jack was around.

Drugdog
10-09-2014, 09:47 AM
My Dad. He had 4 Sons go thru MSU. Had 4 English Bulldogs.
We buried him in a MSU Shirt.

He called State winning and Ole Miss losing: A Doubleheader.

sandwolf
10-09-2014, 09:51 AM
My grandfather, Dr. Irl Howell. He was the head of the Physics Department from 1948 to 1979, was responsible for the establishment of the Ph.D. program in physics, and Howell Observatory is named after him. He would have really enjoyed seeing MSU in the national spotlight like this.