PDA

View Full Version : I'm assuming the Washington State flag will make it to our Game Day

Bucky Dog
10-09-2014, 06:27 AM
Isn't it true that someone from Washington State has been to every Game Day and brings a flag on top a 20 foot pole and waves it in the back of the crowd? Part of me says it's kinda cool but part of me says it's kinda stupid.

engie
10-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Yes it's true, and I think it's pretty awesome...

SDDawg
10-09-2014, 07:17 AM
Me too, it's great.

Quaoarsking
10-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Yeah, they haven't missed one in over a decade. If I were in charge, I'd ban all signs the refer to teams other than the 2 playing in the game, except the one Washington State flag, just because it's been a thing for so long.

TheRef
10-09-2014, 07:22 AM
Yeah, they haven't missed one in over a decade. If I were in charge, I'd ban all signs the refer to teams other than the 2 playing in the game, except the one Washington State flag, just because it's been a thing for so long.

Eh....to each their own on limiting flags to the two teams. Plus ESPN runs their pit so they are the ones who determine whether or not a sign is good to go.

Political Hack
10-09-2014, 07:24 AM
I haven't seen it the last few weeks and was wondering. hope they're around. I'll track them down and talk to them if so. I bet they've got a lot of cool stories.

Bucky Dog
10-09-2014, 08:31 AM
I don't understand how they organize that each year at every game. I'm assuming their fans know the tradition and someone volunteers but they only know as we do where the next GD is about a week ahead of time. I can't figure there are any WSU fans in MS and now two weeks in a row they are in OUR STATE!

jumbo
10-09-2014, 08:32 AM
I don't understand how they organize that each year at every game. I'm assuming their fans know the tradition and someone volunteers but they only know as we do where the next GD is about a week ahead of time. I can't figure there are any WSU fans in MS and now two weeks in a row they are in OUR STATE!

they did a story on it a few years ago. basically the guy finds someone in the host city and ships them a flag, if I remember correctly.

curmudgeon
10-09-2014, 09:01 AM
Birmingham alum is going to do it this week I heard.