PDA

View Full Version : Bear vs Paidwell

Coach34
10-08-2014, 08:02 PM
2 of the SEC's best WR's in 2014. Both play in Mississippi. Lots of talk by fans of who you would rather have?

Bear:

14/247....17.64ypc...5 TD's

Paidwell:

25/362...14.48ypc....4 TD's

Bear has more ypc...more TD's...plays in a more run heavy offense (64% run for State- 52% run for Ole Missus) so he gets less targets. Not to mention Bear is a force blocking in the run game....thoughts???

msstate7
10-08-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't think bear has passed treadwell yet. I do think he will be the better of the two by next season.

ShotgunDawg
10-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Treadwell is slightly better and more refined, but Bear has a far greater QB, running game, and offensive scheme in which to operate in. Therefore, he ends up making a greater impact when given the opportunity

shoeless joe
10-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I said after week 2 that I'd take bear over quon and I still stand by that statement. They are both elite talents but in my opinion Wilson has a higher upside.

ShotgunDawg
10-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Just curious, does anyone know who is the faster of the two? I've never seen 40 times on either

jimbo352
10-08-2014, 08:08 PM
2 of the SEC's best WR's in 2014. Both play in Mississippi. Lots of talk by fans of who you would rather have?

Bear:

Paidwell:

Bear has more ypc...more TD's...plays in a more run heavy offense (64% run for State- 52% run for Ole Missus) so he gets less targets. Not to mention Bear is a force blocking in the run game....thoughts???

Before the season, I thought Treadwell was clearly better, but I'm beginning to think they're very close.

They're both big, they're both great run blockers, and they both have great hands. They don't throw the ball deep as much as we do. You'd think they would considering how much they throw the ball, but Dak takes more shots down field than Bo does. I think that benefits Bear more.

I've been extremely impressed with Bear this year. Hoe he continues to get better.

Coach34
10-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Bear is going to be a 3 year player and draft just like Paidwell

jimbo352
10-08-2014, 08:09 PM
PS... Credit to the staff finding an elite talent that wasn't obvious to everyone else.

dawgs
10-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Bear also missed one game, so that's hurting his overall numbers a little

jimbo352
Bear is going to be a 3 year player and draft just like Paidwell

Yep... WR's with his size and skill combo are hard to find.

CadaverDawg
Coach, ask your Bear troll following this question for me...

If Ole Miss has soooo many more weapons on offense than we do, why are they having to throw the ball to one guy so much? We've been producing far more yards and points offensively, against a tougher schedule, than the Bears, and we're not even having to rely on our stud WR that much because we have multiple stud weapons on offense.

Coach34
10-08-2014, 08:14 PM

If Ole Miss has soooo many more weapons on offense than we do, why are they having to throw the ball to one guy so much? We've been producing far more yards and points offensively, against a tougher schedule, than the Bears, and we're not even having to rely on our stud WR that much because we have multiple stud weapons on offense.

There will be one along in this thread before long to defend Paidwell...don't worry

jimbo352
10-08-2014, 08:16 PM

I just looked at their stats. They're hardly relying on one guy. They have 3 guys with 20+ catches and 300 yards.

jimbo352
10-08-2014, 08:17 PM
There will be one along in this thread before long to defend Paidwell...don't worry

Well ****... lol... I'm not a bear apologist.

thf24
10-08-2014, 08:19 PM
For our offense, I'd rather have Bear, no contest. Before you even consider catching the football, think of all the big plays that would have not happened already this year had it been Treadwell we needed a key block from instead of Bear. And considering Bear can out-jump and out-run Treadwell despite being less refined (for now), and has at least two inches on him, I'd probably take Bear from a pure receiver standpoint as well.

Sacrifice
10-08-2014, 08:27 PM
The touchdown catch Bear made in the LSU game and the diving out of bounds catch in the A&M game, were off the charts sick!! Defenders draped all over him, not only does he make the catch but he gets not one but both feet down. I don't think Treadwell makes those catches.

Coach34
10-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Well ****... lol... I'm not a bear apologist.

and not saying you are. Hell, I wouldnt blame anybody for actually saying Paidwell might still be the better WR- he certainly was as a Freshman. I just think we are starting to see Bear close the gap and also see that maybe Bear has more top end talent because he is such a physical freak. He is starting to show that he is learning how to play WR- and it's fun to watch

DancingRabbit
10-08-2014, 08:50 PM
The touchdown catch Bear made in the LSU game and the diving out of bounds catch in the A&M game, were off the charts sick!! Defenders draped all over him, not only does he make the catch but he gets not one but both feet down. I don't think Treadwell makes those catches.

Yeah, you see elite NFL receivers make those kind of catches somewhat frequently but you still are impressed when you see it.

But you rarely see college players exhibit the awareness, athleticism and body control it takes to do that. Usually college players are happy to just catch the ball (looking at you aTm, lol).

jimbo352
10-08-2014, 08:51 PM
and not saying you are. Hell, I wouldnt blame anybody for actually saying Paidwell might still be the better WR- he certainly was as a Freshman. I just think we are starting to see Bear close the gap and also see that maybe Bear has more top end talent because he is such a physical freak. He is starting to show that he is learning how to play WR- and it's fun to watch

He has most definitely closed the gap. The fact that it's a debate only proves the quality of our staff in evaluating and developing talent. Bear is a freak, and he's only going to get better.

Really proud to be a bulldog these days.

MabenMaroon
10-08-2014, 08:52 PM

Bear:

Paidwell:

All 14 of Bear's catches are for either a first down or a touchdown. Pretty damned clutch.

yjnkdawg
10-08-2014, 08:58 PM
I would take Da Bear. Bear was a raw talent and he has been developed and coached by one of, if not the best staffs in the country, in evaluating and developing players. I think his ceiling on what he can accomplish is unlimited. Paidwell got his coaching before he went to OM. You know the star thing. So I think Paidwell may be pretty close to his ceiling if he is not already there.

DancingRabbit
10-08-2014, 09:10 PM
I would take Da Bear. Bear was a raw talent and he has been developed and coached by one of, if not the best staffs in the country, in evaluating and developing players. I think his ceiling on what he can accomplish is unlimited. Paidwell got his coaching before he went to OM. You know the star thing. So I think Paidwell may be pretty close to his ceiling if he is not already there.

Your comments reminded me of something Dan said last week in an article about where SEC players come from and how he recruits.

"We certainly could expand to other states; we've had success doing that," Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen said. "But we find a lot of good players in the state. A lot of schools look for the finished product. We look at what they're going to be down the road."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24732567/study-where-do-most-sec-players-hail-from

bgover4
10-09-2014, 07:44 AM
I would definitely take Wilson......He was free.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2014, 07:49 AM
I would definitely take Wilson......He was free.

Good point. Beat is certainly a better value

SheltonChoked
10-09-2014, 08:35 AM
You missed a more obscure but more telling stat. All 14 of Bear's catches have been for a First down or a touchdown.

jumbo
10-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Bear's ceiling is higher, imo. But he's still very raw. Remember this is only his 3rd or 4th year of playing football.