PDA

View Full Version : McShay and Matich say...

CadaverDawg
10-08-2014, 06:08 PM
A&M's receivers dropping the ball had just as much to do with their loss Saturday as Mississippi State's defense.

Thoughts?

AFDawg
10-08-2014, 06:14 PM
And of course our defense had nothing to do with them dropping balls.

Dawgowar
10-08-2014, 06:14 PM
They are selling 60 second commercials. Have to have debate about who will win. Creates interest. Plus the SEC network has to soothe egos of bigger teams to keep their fans tuning in.

msstate7
10-08-2014, 06:20 PM
The only sure fire scoring drop was by us

Dawgcentral
10-08-2014, 06:21 PM
That was a aTM fans excuse as we walked down the ramp last week. My friend basedog told him flat out that you have to be balanced (run and pass) in this league. aTm fan had no comment after that.

From my observations, while they did indeed hear the approaching footsteps, they were physically outmatched when they tried to block on other occasions. I think that contributed to the drops. We dominated them physically in every aspect of the game.

blacklistedbully
10-08-2014, 06:27 PM
If you're gonna give them the points they might have gotten had they not dropped passes, you have to also give us points for our dropped passes, missed FG, missed xpt, dropped pick-six, etc. You'd also have to then figure those 14 points they scored in garbage time don't get counted, since we were playing backups, etc.

If you do all of the above, the score very likely would have been closer to 66-38 at best.

CJDAWG85
10-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Don't forget the dropped TD by Ross. He was 10 yds behind the DB.

cheewgumm
10-08-2014, 06:31 PM
There's your guest picker..... Woooooooh!

bulldawg28
10-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Dropped passes always impact games.

ShotgunDawg
10-08-2014, 06:36 PM
A&M's receivers dropping the ball had just as much to do with their loss Saturday as Mississippi State's defense.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are: Who cares?

There have been many years where we lost to Auburn and Alabama because of stupid mistakes and we couldn't count it as a win.

If we win this Saturday, there simply will no longer be anything people can say

HoopsDawg
10-08-2014, 06:37 PM
48-17 with 3 minutes left is all I know. If Fred Ross doesn't drop a sure TD, it's 55-17. B-Mac dropped a pick 6. And our kicker missed 4 easy points. This game was complete domination.

ShotgunDawg
10-08-2014, 06:44 PM
My only concern is, will the playoff committee think like this when they are choosing teams?

Are we going to be punished for giving up yards to UAB in the playoff committee room?

Seems awfully ridiculous

HereComesTheSpiral
10-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Well, you know what they say, if my aunt had a dik she would be my uncle

drunkernhelldawg
10-08-2014, 06:50 PM
It did look that way in live action, but a closer examination reveals that most of those drops were passes that were slightly off because of the Bulldog D.

War Machine Dawg
10-08-2014, 07:07 PM
And of course our defense had nothing to do with them dropping balls.

THIS. They were dropping balls because we were lighting that ass up when they caught it. The ol' "hearing footsteps" deal.

SDDawg
10-08-2014, 07:15 PM
We layed lumber and those guys are soft, couldn't handle it. It's not very complicated.

In other news, the fact that they scored fewer points than us also had an impact on the loss. **

DancingRabbit
10-08-2014, 07:16 PM
After this weekend it will be "the SEC really down this year"

And, "cowbells need to be banned"

mstatefan91
10-08-2014, 07:38 PM
After this weekend it will be "the SEC really down this year"

And, "cowbells need to be banned"
Maybe by other SEC schools and their media outlets but not by ESPN. ESPN will be all over us, Dak, and the cowbell if we win this Saturday

BulldogBear
10-08-2014, 07:42 PM

Thoughts?

Matich didn't give us credit? Surprising because he always does********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************************

Why do people think I'm crazy when I say that he has to be a "back door bear?"

Intramural All-American
10-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Matich didn't give us credit? Surprising because he always does********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************************

Why do people think I'm crazy when I say that he has to be a "back door bear?"

Matich was actually the one hyping us up. It was McShay downplaying us. Matich picked us to win and said we were better than ole miss now.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-08-2014, 09:29 PM

Thoughts?
Hell if that's the case, then we've got a good shot at beating auburn. I think they're ranked over 100 in dropped passes this year just like aTm.

Red Sox Dawg
10-08-2014, 09:34 PM

Thoughts?

Maybe they should recruit receivers that can concentrate and catch the ball. McShay also said our receivers couldn't get separation so we had to win jump balls. I think some drops were because of anticipating getting blown up. They acted like A&M played a bad game and we didn't cause it. Some respect but some doubt still left. We can make a statement this week...we are not the same old MSU.

DancingRabbit
10-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Maybe by other SEC schools and their media outlets but not by ESPN. ESPN will be all over us, Dak, and the cowbell if we win this Saturday

I agree, was being sarcastic. We've had more good press this week than the last 2-3 years.

My comment was sort of directed at fans and some idiots in the media.

LSU fan say - woulda beat you if we played the right QB (of course the rebs were saying this too)
aTm fan say - if not for dropped passes and being so young
Aubie fan say - to much cowbell

anti-SEC fan - they weren't even ranked 3 weeks ago, SEC is way down, ESPN bias

Dawgtini
10-09-2014, 06:21 AM
Maybe they should recruit receivers that can concentrate and catch the ball. McShay also said our receivers couldn't get separation so we had to win jump balls. I think some drops were because of anticipating getting blown up. They acted like A&M played a bad game and we didn't cause it. Some respect but some doubt still left. We can make a statement this week...we are not the same old MSU.
The Kang said on 247 that a lot of drops were due to Hill being under pressure and not throwing "through" the recievers. Balls were falling away from recievers. That and we were laying the lumber when they did catch them.

sandwolf
10-09-2014, 09:04 AM
The Kang said on 247 that a lot of drops were due to Hill being under pressure and not throwing "through" the recievers. Balls were falling away from recievers. That and we were laying the lumber when they did catch them.

Yep, I completely agree. They definitely dropped some passes, but there were a lot of poor passes that the receivers were able to get their hands on, but unable to complete the catch....and that was because the pressure and Collins' bad ass game plan prevented Hill from ever getting comfortable......and that ain't luck. Exhibit A would be the interception where the receiver had the ball in his hands and popped it up to Brown when he hit the ground........that was due to a piss poor throw that was caused by pressure.

SignalToNoise
10-09-2014, 09:08 AM
My opinion: Don't effing drop balls, then. If your offense is so good and and your skill players so talented you shouldn't be dropping passes. At this level of play you can't afford to. Want to bitch about dropped balls? Then go play intramurals, brother.