PDA

View Full Version : 100 year jerseys

DudyDawg
10-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Will be worn again this weekend. Glad they haven't f'd that up yet. Would love those to be our unis forever honestly. Can't beat those.

quickstrike2
10-08-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm glad as well that we are wearing these. I absolutely love them, and you know the fan/player support has to be strong to for us to continue. I try to tweet Strick and the equipment staff on how good they look and I hope we continue wearing them as permanents and maybe a white next year. I just feel Strick needs to know how much we like them.

gtowndawg
10-08-2014, 01:26 PM
but overall I really love them. The jersey's and helmets are great.

quickstrike2
10-08-2014, 01:37 PM
but overall I really love them. The jersey's and helmets are great.

I would definitely take that off as well, but overall I love them. A small fee for us playing in our best look.

Political Hack
10-08-2014, 01:37 PM
my favorite unis in years, so I'm sure they'll change them. I usually couldn't care less, but I do like these (especially the big MState on the pants).

DudyDawg
10-08-2014, 01:41 PM
I'm glad as well that we are wearing these. I absolutely love them, and you know the fan/player support has to be strong to for us to continue. I try to tweet Strick and the equipment staff on how good they look and I hope we continue wearing them as permanents and maybe a white next year. I just feel Strick needs to know how much we like them.

Agreed. Would love to see that became the trademark msu jerseys for years to come. Love it all. White facemasks and trim bring it together well

deltadawg99
10-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Other than the mstate on the pants, they are the best unis we have had since the Nike days. Hopefully we can get them to make white jerseys and just leave them alone.

Wearing a "special" uniform once, maybe twice a year is more than enough. Adidas was making us look like a JV team almost every weekend it seemed.

FlabLoser
10-08-2014, 02:05 PM
my favorite unis in years, so I'm sure they'll change them. I usually couldn't care less, but I do like these (especially the big MState on the pants).

I like them too. Hey at least the M State isn't across the butt.

I even like them more than the Nike uniforms. I like the banner M (not the Croom banner M though) and I like the banner Mississippi State.

And when we win a national championship with these, all of you are going to agree with me.

quickstrike2
10-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Other than the mstate on the pants, they are the best unis we have had since the Nike days. Hopefully we can get them to make white jerseys and just leave them alone.

Wearing a "special" uniform once, maybe twice a year is more than enough. Adidas was making us look like a JV team almost every weekend it seemed.

I agree, I like the egg bowl uniform last year, I wouldn't mind seeing that game have a special one. Even an opener like the Ok State game, do one there. That's it though, keep the 100's as the permanent.

smootness
10-08-2014, 07:13 PM
They will obviously be our jerseys next year. The administration knows the fans overwhelmingly prefer them, and I'm guessing the players do, too, especially if we keep winning in them. Win it all and we won't ever wear another jersey in the history of the program.

The only thing I'd change is to make the stripes a little smaller and a little more on the sleeve than the shoulder. And I'd take away the black trim and change the name font. But I don't really care, they look awesome.

godlluB
10-08-2014, 07:20 PM
I didn't much like the M State logo on the leg at the beginning of the year, but it's grown on me, and is now one of my favorite parts of the uniform. While the jerseys have that old-school look that we apparently all love, that big logo on the leg is a nod toward the newer trendy uniforms. It's not something that I recall seeing done before, so it's unique and not just another cookie-cutter Adidas-ism.