PDA

View Full Version : An idea for State fans, inspired by OM raising money for their field-rush fine

Tbaen
10-08-2014, 10:34 AM
I am seeing lots of tweets and Facebook posts about how great it is that OM is getting the money for its fine from fan donations. And in a way it is great. But on the other hand, it got me thinking about how wasteful that is in terms of how and where people's money is spent sometimes and how strange it is that they should get positive publicity from it.

I think State fans should highlight our differences with "them" by matching the amount they raise but using it in service to our State, perhaps funding a research position or project on campus.

If one of you boys with contacts in the Athletic dept can get them to set up a webpage, kickstarter, or something of the sort, I'll kick in the first hundred bucks.

And ps, don't rush the field. At least not 'til we clinch the West.

HailState39110
10-08-2014, 12:48 PM
I personally think rushing the field is pretty gay. Ole Miss has now done it 3 times in the past 3 years which is even more disturbing. It's a waste of $75,000 dollars ,multiple people were injured and hospitalized, and I'm sure a few went to jail. What good comes from that?

With that said, I do think the one exception should be if a championship is actually won . For instance if we won the egg bowl at home to go to Atlanta. Even if that happened, I'm not a big supporter of ever tearing down the goalpost

bgover4
10-08-2014, 12:51 PM
We have had collapsible goal post since we rushed the field when we beat florida. Do they not have that in oxford? And if they do, how come the post weren't lowered? I ask because i didn't watch bama play like trash and lose the game.

Bo Darville
10-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Rushing the field is common in big upsets. We didn't rush the field against A&M because it wasn't an upset. The better team won. Texas A&M should have rushed the field if they had gotten lucky and beaten us.

LiterallyPolice
10-08-2014, 01:04 PM
It's a waste of $75,000 dollars ,multiple people were injured and hospitalized, and I'm sure a few went to jail.

It's a serious problem... I mean, how many students are going to be embarrassingly choke-slammed on camera before we end this national nightmare?***

ScoobaDawg
10-08-2014, 04:20 PM
We have had collapsible goal post since we rushed the field when we beat florida. Do they not have that in oxford? And if they do, how come the post weren't lowered? I ask because i didn't watch bama play like trash and lose the game.

No they dont and sounds like they wont be installing them this time either. Bjork was telling the frat boys parading it around to make sure and save him and freeze a piece and then I saw somewhere about the cost to replace them.

They should get a lot bigger fine for actively encouraging instead of stopping the students to come on the field.

thf24
10-08-2014, 04:23 PM
They should get a lot bigger fine for actively encouraging instead of stopping the students to come on the field.

This. Does Bjork not realize that he is toast if he continues to quietly encourage this and someone dies during one? It's plain and simple negligence.

bgover4
10-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Seems like an open/shut liability case. Injuries could easily be prevented. I guess when you have all the lawyers though.....