PDA

View Full Version : State fan or.... Well you decide......

Okrastar1
10-08-2014, 08:54 AM
As I'm scrolling through my twitter feed I come upon this...

"@passiondean: @CoachHughFreeze I've tried so hard to not like ( I'm a state fan ), but your just to good of a damn guy. Congrats on your success."

I'm kinda dumbfounded??? Maybe it's just me but can a fan be exiled from the fan base???
What is it that you just love about Freezus to warrant this tweet???

Westdawg
10-08-2014, 08:59 AM
i know we all got a past, but i just find it hard to like Hugh based on many, MANY things he has done, currently does, and how he is always deflecting attention and blame to others rather than be a true leader and take it upon himself. I don't like him. and probably never will.

DawgInMemphis
10-08-2014, 08:59 AM
As I'm scrolling through my twitter feed I come upon this...

"@passiondean: @CoachHughFreeze I've tried so hard to not like ( I'm a state fan ), but your just to good of a damn guy. Congrats on your success."

I'm kinda dumbfounded??? Maybe it's just me but can a fan be exiled from the fan base???
What is it that you just love about Freezus to warrant this tweet???

I'd exile him for not knowing the difference between "too" and "to."

DudyDawg
10-08-2014, 09:00 AM

Or your and you're

maroonmania
10-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Sorry, I just don't care for Freeze's style. He may be as genuine as anything, and I myself have a very sincere Christian faith, but I am ALWAYS leary of a guy that "peddles" his faith in a way to try to get ahead in his profession. He uses his Christianity in a way to try and sculpt a certain public image because he knows it will help him in recruiting and goes over really well in a place like Mississippi and for a lot of the parents of recruits. Like I said, he MAY be genuine, but he comes across phony. Mark Richt is an example of a guy with a deep, sincere faith that doesn't showboat and try to use his faith as a tool to get ahead in the secular world. Sorry, but if Freeze was REALLY THAT worried about Christian values he would personally do more to clean up the weekend recruiting scenes in Oxford and all the debauchery that goes on there rather than praying for the souls of the kids that sign with Mullen's MSU program.

MSUDawg4Life
10-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Not a State fan.

Freeze is a hypocrite and anybody who thinks he's "to good of a damn guy" has not been paying attention.

Okrastar1
10-08-2014, 09:19 AM
I was just blown away I was like how crazy is this guy??? He makes Dan look like a saint! Ha I mean listen to any game Bo throws a pick in and tell me he is all about caring and prayer... Such a good guy my ass! He is a titty baby unless everything is his way

Political Hack
10-08-2014, 09:20 AM
a lot of what freeze does is hypocritical BS, but him getting choked up after the Bama game about bringing a winner to Mississippi was genuine. There's some self indulgence in that for sure, but it was nice to see some genuine emotion from him. We get that from Dan and Megan all the time. I've never seen it from Hugh until then. It was the first time he's ever been "human" to me.

I'll probably hate him less now and I hate him for that.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2014, 09:30 AM
I'm just always a bit skeptical of anyone that ostentatiously uses their faith to sell something other than their faith. Maybe that's wrong of me but I don't think so.

Johnson85
10-08-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm just always a bit skeptical of anyone that ostentatiously uses their faith to sell something other than their faith. Maybe that's wrong of me but I don't think so.

Even if you're not skeptical, Freeze's actions don't really match up to his words. He's probably not a bad guy, but I would view the way he throws players under the bus as a character flaw. And nobody involved with SEC recruiting should probably be too public about what a good Christian guy they are, but especially not if you're on the 'leading edge' of recruiting like UM or Auburn.

deltadawg99
10-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Freeze is the biggest hypocrite in the world. I know people that played for him in High School and you would be amazed by some of their stories. The only people in Memphis that like him are the Blindside parents.

Bamboo
10-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Freeze is the biggest Hypocrite in college football. In my opinion what he does is considered blasphemy. I'm not a super religious person, but I don't take the lords name in vain and I don't use the Word of God for self promotion. I hope this doesn't come off as judgmental, but in my belief, this is just wrong and is why I don't like him as a person.

yjnkdawg
10-08-2014, 10:47 AM

Has to be an OM grad. who majored in English.

Boodawg
10-08-2014, 12:14 PM
He probably sends chills down that guys legs...

Seriously though, who makes the rules about penalties for drugs, and team rules, etc? State and UG have some of the strictest rules in the SEC and UM has the MOST lenient in the SEC. If he was such a great leader, christian, disciple, whatever, I think he should start there first and foremost, to get everyone on the right path.

TheDawgBiscuit
10-08-2014, 12:19 PM
a lot of what freeze does is hypocritical BS, but him getting choked up after the Bama game about bringing a winner to Mississippi was genuine. There's some self indulgence in that for sure, but it was nice to see some genuine emotion from him. We get that from Dan and Megan all the time. I've never seen it from Hugh until then. It was the first time he's ever been "human" to me.

I'll probably hate him less now and I hate him for that.

I hate to agree but thought it was 100% authentic too. I still want him to lose :)

Coach 57
10-08-2014, 12:44 PM
@maroonmania- this is the argument that I want to see as a disciple of Christ myself. Very good points. I know I'm gonna get lambasted but when we aren't playing UGA they are my next favorite team BECAUSE of Richt. Who he is PERSONALLY. Who he displays within him. It's something I want to emulate myself and pattern after. In all honesty if you want to be successful as a CFB coach and display Christ-like behavior as we are meant to, it is going to be VERY difficult! But there are those that CAN & HAVE pulled it off. Mark is one of those guys.

maroonmania
10-08-2014, 12:51 PM
@maroonmania- this is the argument that I want to see as a disciple of Christ myself. Very good points. I know I'm gonna get lambasted but when we aren't playing UGA they are my next favorite team BECAUSE of Richt. Who he is PERSONALLY. Who he displays within him. It's something I want to emulate myself and pattern after. In all honesty if you want to be successful as a CFB coach and display Christ-like behavior as we are meant to, it is going to be VERY difficult! But there are those that CAN & HAVE pulled it off. Mark is one of those guys.

Yep, I always pull for Georgia except when they play MSU because of the respect I have for Mark Richt as a person.

CadaverDawg
10-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Let's put it this way, I don't know Hugh personally, so I can't judge whether he is genuine or a side show....but he comes off as an act most of the time. And his interviews make me think he is thinking about every single word he says so that he can shape it towards recruiting, covering himself with lower expectations, and putting on a show for his fan base. Nothing he says in an interview ever seems like it's just him talking, there is always an agenda or message you can tell he is trying to push. I just feel like he is a total act, and that nobody ever sees the real Hugh except for when he is whining or yelling at bombs into his headset on the sidelines. I like people that have a "what you see is what you get" personality....and Freeze isn't that. He acts like he is an actor in a sports movie.

I love that he is a Christian though, but I don't like him using his faith as a selling point for Ole miss as if God is sitting on a throne in heaven with a red solo cup filled with booze and chanting Hotty Toddy and all of it's cuss words.

Not trying to start "that debate" again, but that's my opinion.

If he would just tweet his bible verses and speak of God the way Tebow did/does, I would be fine with it. Tebow was trying to use his platform to share God....Freeze tries to use God to sell Ole Miss. And that doesn't sit well with me.

CadaverDawg
10-08-2014, 01:10 PM

I agree. Richt has always been my favorite coach in the SEC outside of MSU. Seems like a great guy.

LiterallyPolice
10-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Mark Richt is a boss. He created a charity designed to help former players, and set it up specifically as to not draw publicity:

http://www.macon.com/2014/07/12/3195387/help-for-when-the-dream-ends-richts.html

ETA: Mark Richt for celebrity picker!***

Political Hack
10-08-2014, 01:22 PM
I agree. Richt has always been my favorite coach in the SEC outside of MSU. Seems like a great guy.

me too.

BossDawg
10-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Not a State fan.

Freeze is a hypocrite and anybody who thinks he's "to good of a damn guy" has not been paying attention.

This. He has that used car salesman feel to him, like he's hiding something. Just like most UMiss fans, he has perfected the art of creating this superficial image of class and honesty to hide his true colors.

Mr todd French
10-08-2014, 03:51 PM
I just think god may have more important things to be dealing with then Ole Miss football. Or what kind of van my neighbors are going to by after they "pray on it".