PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Club question

MetEdDawg
10-08-2014, 06:20 AM
Ok let's say I'm in the 7000 range right now. I decide to donate another $150-$200 in the next few months to get me in the 6500 range. How does qualifying and getting season tickets work if I don't currently have them?

I really want to get my season tickets and I'm not really sure how it works if you don't already have them. Do I have to wait for someone to not renew so that I have the option to buy them? Do I pass people if I go past them in points? I really have no clue how that works for season tickets and would appreciate any advice and help out there.

Buddy
10-08-2014, 06:41 AM
During the reseating last spring, season tickets were doled out based on your BC rank. Going forward (until the next reseating), those who have season tickets can keep them as long as they pay the required donation no matter what their rank is. However, there are season tickets that are not renewed every year. I suggest calling the BC and getting on the waiting list for next year. Hopefully, you will get a call in June saying they have some tickets available for you.

DawgHouseUnited
10-08-2014, 08:13 AM
During the reseating last spring, season tickets were doled out based on your BC rank. Going forward (until the next reseating), those who have season tickets can keep them as long as they pay the required donation no matter what their rank is. However, there are season tickets that are not renewed every year. I suggest calling the BC and getting on the waiting list for next year. Hopefully, you will get a call in June saying they have some tickets available for you.

This. Two years ago I was on the waiting list & got a call during the summer, and I had a really low BDC ranking. I think you can even put yourself on the list through the BDC online, but I'd say call just to be sure.

rabbitthedawg
10-08-2014, 08:15 AM
So many of us old guys got screwed in the reseating last year that I don't put any confidence in how much one gives. A number of us, who were seated around the 35 to 40 yard line in the Club Level were banished to the end zone area of the CL, even though we'd been paying our way for 30 years. I did continue my giving of $6,000 a year, moved to the Scoreboard Club and purchased five seats for my family and me for the same price as two in the CL. I like it up there, except it is hot as hell with no shade.

Kcdawg
10-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Yes. Like others have said, just call and get on the waiting list and hope like hell they call. Worst case scenario, ask a fried who has season tix to add a couple to his and pay him.

shannondawg
10-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Long range it's just best to get on the waiting list and get your own when they become available. Then you are not beholden and your priority will improve through the years of constant donations. You can always find tickets to games until you get your own.

Johnson85
10-08-2014, 10:03 AM
So many of us old guys got screwed in the reseating last year that I don't put any confidence in how much one gives. A number of us, who were seated around the 35 to 40 yard line in the Club Level were banished to the end zone area of the CL, even though we'd been paying our way for 30 years. I did continue my giving of $6,000 a year, moved to the Scoreboard Club and purchased five seats for my family and me for the same price as two in the CL. I like it up there, except it is hot as hell with no shade.

Did MSU not tell people how much credit was received for prior giving? I assume it was a pretty simple formula, with a smaller percentage of dollars counting the further back you go. How were people surprised by what happened to their priority? Was the university completely incompetent at getting this information out there? Or did people just stick their head in the sand or what?