PDA

View Full Version : State/UM fan reactions to all this madness

bulldogcountry1
10-07-2014, 10:02 PM
I went into the weekend thinking the best case scenario would be for us to win and UM to lose. After seeing all the attention the state was getting afterward, I thought it was pretty neat, looking at the bigger picture.

Since then, every State fan I have come across has obviously been excited for the team, but also appreciates the positive attention the state is getting.

Every UM fan I have seen has either bitched about something or failed to show any enthusiasm about it all. A couple quotes from UM coworkers:

"Having us tied for third is just a slap in the face to both schools."

"How can we be underdogs to A&M? That's freaken ridiculous."

They can't even enjoy their own success because they have to share it with us. What have you experienced this week?

IMissJack
10-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Luckily living out of MS, I deal with almost zero bears.

Homedawg
10-07-2014, 10:18 PM
After long thought on the matter, I think it could be the best possible thing that could have happened for us to win the west. On a given day I want ole miss to lose but this might be our help. Odds are we won't run the table. If we do, it doesn't matter. If we don't, it could be a piece that helps us out. Never know. But there are so many good teams that it balanced the scale even more in the west.

TrapGame
10-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Luckily living out of MS, I deal with almost zero bears.

You lucky bastard.

Natedogg33
10-07-2014, 10:34 PM
I am on the same page as Homedawg. Way I see it, ole miss beating Bama is kind of a mulligan. I don't see ole miss getting to the egg bowl with less than two losses. I see us beating Bama in Tuscaloosa being less than a 30/70 shot. (Hopefully I'm wrong and they implode). This weekend will solve a lot of this equation. To be honest, the trip to Lexington is bothering me.

RougeDawg
10-07-2014, 10:41 PM
I live in New Orleans. Only Bears around here are at Audubon Zoo and I hate those as much as I do the rest. But the bears at the zoo are actually smarter than the ones from Oxford. F*ck them today, F*ck them tomorrow and until the day I am layed to rest. Never will I ever want the Om BearSharts to win anything except KKK rallies.

sleepy dawg
10-07-2014, 11:48 PM
As long as we win, I don't care really.

However, your question does bring up another good question. I've always agreed with the fact that their success hurts our chances of success. However, with all the attention the state is getting right now for football, could it actually help us?. I keep seeing us mentioned with OM, or near them. Seeing as how most of the country doesn't know us apart anyway, having both of us be good may bring more attention to the program if both of us are dominating.

starkvegasdawg
10-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Screw Tsun dry and hard. Yeah, them beating bama will probably be to our benefit in the long run if our play continues as expected. But now that they won that game I want them to lose a couple. I hope A&M reams them out like John Holmes in his prime. Not just because they are tsun either. As of right now they are one of our main competitions for the west. The more of them that get two losses the better. That means we could absorb one loss to one of them and still make the SECCG. That's what it's all about.

Bamboo
10-08-2014, 08:26 AM
In this one circumstance I have to disagree. OM beating Bama gives us a better shot at winning the West. Now we need A&M to take care of business to take the rebnecks out of it.

I live in New Orleans. Only Bears around here are at Audubon Zoo and I hate those as much as I do the rest. But the bears at the zoo are actually smarter than the ones from Oxford. F*ck them today, F*ck them tomorrow and until the day I am layed to rest. Never will I ever want the Om BearSharts to win anything except KKK rallies.