PDA

View Full Version : T. Cleveland.

Homedawg
10-07-2014, 09:27 PM
During the game last week I wathed him a lot hes a good player. He's got a bright future. We aren't afraid to lock him up in man coverage either. Guess he's glad he's here instead of at ga tech huh?

engie
10-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Some of us have been saying this for awhile now...

Per snap, prior to the aTm game he was our most productive corner... Haven't checked the numbers again...

msstate7
10-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Yes, I'm glad we have him.

Georgia tech and miss state are a combined 10-0.

DudyDawg
10-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Agreed. Watched him a lot too. He and Redmond were very impressive especially in tackling

War Machine Dawg
10-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Love what I've seen from Cleveland. He's going to be a star before he leaves State. Arguably our best tackling CB.

Johnson85
10-08-2014, 08:07 AM
During the game last week I wathed him a lot hes a good player. He's got a bright future. We aren't afraid to lock him up in man coverage either. Guess he's glad he's here instead of at ga tech huh?

Is he the guy that flipped late from Ga Tech?

msstate7
10-08-2014, 08:31 AM

Yep

UMCDawg16
10-08-2014, 08:33 AM
He and Jiles will battle out the #2 corner spot for next year.

SignalToNoise
10-08-2014, 08:38 AM
He wrecked Jennings on that blitz when LSU was on their own goal line. It was beautiful.

BulldogDX55
10-08-2014, 08:39 AM

Yup

Edit: Note to self, refresh thread before answering a question if you leave the room to make coffee.

engie
10-08-2014, 08:39 AM
He and Jiles will battle out the #2 corner spot for next year.

#3 most likely. If someone doesn't shift to S.

Redmond and Calhoun should both be back.

DanDority
10-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Edit: Note to self, refresh thread before answering a question if you leave the room to make coffee.[/QUOTE]

I need to and just made this note to myself

bulldawg28
10-08-2014, 08:58 AM

Calhoun hasn't done jack thus far. It didn't shock me if his spot is taken before this season is over.

DudyDawg
10-08-2014, 09:02 AM
He hasn't been thrown at..... Other than one play against UAB.

SignalToNoise
10-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Calhoun hasn't done jack thus far. It didn't shock me if his spot is taken before this season is over.

One way to know a DB is quietly doing a good job is when you aren't hearing his name a lot. He gave up the long TD against UAB and since then he's been solid.

UMCDawg16
10-08-2014, 09:22 AM
i forgot about Calhoun being back. We will be solid at corner next year.

Political Hack
10-08-2014, 09:24 AM

I hope they let Will play S. He needs to roam with his eyes in the backfield.

thedawg
10-08-2014, 09:30 AM
The summer that Cleveland was senior we rated him higher than any corner that came through camp.... He was a total unknown 2 star.. He had some family connection to Georgia Tech and went back home and committed to Georgia Tech pretty quickly after we offered... Then like the week of signing day after being totally off the radar things changed with Georgia Tech and he reached out to our coaches... They thought so highly of him that even though spots were tight and we weren't looking to sign a corner we took him. I say all that to say this... Hes another guy that our staff correctly identified as player long before the websites... and they were spot on like they have been so many times... Hes a player

Johnson85
10-08-2014, 09:43 AM

??? He had one bad play against UAB where he just got beat and I remember him blowing up some bubble screens or swing passes before they could really develop into anything. Otherwise he seems invisible, which means he's either had his man/zone locked down or teams are actively avoiding him. I've been surprised because I thought he was going to be the CB that SEC teams tried to pick on with deep routes because I thought he might be a step slow compared to SEC WRs, but we're either always giving him help over the top or he's doing well enough that OCs have no interest in challenging him.

Percho
10-08-2014, 10:05 AM
I have loved him since the egg bowl last year. He clocked the runner on a kick off. And I mean clocked.

UMCDawg16
10-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Calhoun is beast, if you don't think so you just haven't been watching. He's solid in coverage and run defense. Our only corner that is suspect in coverage is Love and that's because of his height. He gets picked on a lot on jump balls.

msstate7
10-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Calhoun is beast, if you don't think so you just haven't been watching. He's solid in coverage and run defense. Our only corner that is suspect in coverage is Love and that's because of his height. He gets picked on a lot on jump balls.

This isn't the game I want love covering outside. Redmond and Calhoun need to draw williams and coates

thedawg
10-08-2014, 10:15 AM
I think we are best with Love at Nickle and Redmond and Calhoun all the time... Love can shut slots down with his speed and quickness

thf24
10-08-2014, 10:25 AM
I think we are best with Love at Nickle and Redmond and Calhoun all the time... Love can shut slots down with his speed and quickness

I agree. He also doesn't have to worry about getting out-positioned by bigger outside receivers at nickel, something that's given him some trouble at times this year. Problem is Love at nickel takes Matt Wells off the field.

DudyDawg
10-08-2014, 10:29 AM
I agree. He also doesn't have to worry about getting out-positioned by bigger outside receivers at nickel, something that's given him some trouble at times this year. Problem is Love at nickel takes Matt Wells off the field.
Ehh, we can play a nickle w four down and wells next to Bmac.

thf24
10-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Ehh, we can play a nickle w four down and wells next to Bmac.

Yeah I guess we'd probably take Beni out in an obvious passing situation instead of Wells.