10-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Good enough if true

civildawg
10-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Terrible. Just terrible

DudyDawg
10-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Terrible. Just terrible

I agree. I don't give a damn about getting a global celebrity. Get an MSU celebrity

Aces High
10-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Well she is from Star, Ms

TheRef
10-07-2014, 09:07 PM
I agree. I don't give a damn about getting a global celebrity. Get an MSU celebrity

Well...she's from Mississippi....so there's at least a personal connection. We also have no idea whether or not she's an MSU fan.

RC3
10-07-2014, 09:08 PM
She's been connected to football for about a decade. And is from MS. Good enough

Big Daddy Dawg
10-07-2014, 09:09 PM
She lives in Hattiesburg too!

Ralph
10-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Wonder if Sandra Bullock is an option? I know she has family that lives in starkville; aunts & uncles.

Aces High
10-07-2014, 09:11 PM
She lives in Hattiesburg too!

Umm no.

ShotgunDawg
I'm good with this. She represents Mississippi and what is good about our state. Good choice IMO, if true

civilengineerdog
[while playing country music] Howdy, cowpokes. Uh, I know I shouldn't be interrupting in the middle of a song, but I got to tell you something. I know a lot of you out there really love this music, but I just don't get it. Explain it to me. And maybe it's 'cause I went to college, and I never drove a truck and had sex with my daddy's sister, but...I guess what I'm trying to say is, I...I don't think I'm the man for this job. So this is your old pal Hopalong Howie saying I quit. I... I think I quit.

Aces High
She's been connected to football for about a decade. And is from MS. Good enough

She sings mnf right?

Schultzy
How much of a dumbass do you have to be to think this isn't a good get.

deltadawg99
10-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Booooo

Beyond disappointed if true

RC3
She sings mnf right?

I don't think she does any longer but she did for a lonnnnggg time

Aces High

Plus 1

Aces High
10-07-2014, 09:13 PM
I don't think she does any longer but she did for a lonnnnggg time

She hasnt lived there in at least 18 years.

TheRef
10-07-2014, 09:13 PM
She sings mnf right?

Carrie Underwood does.

RC3
10-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Look it's gonna happen. It's gonna be compared to Katy perry. I for one have never heard a Katy perry song, but she is apparently a huge celebrity so good for them I guess. At least I know who this person is

WesternSkyDawg
She was supposed to do the national anthem for the USCeast game after 9/11, but it didn't work out

Like everything else about this season, time to right some wrongs

WF '94

RC3
She hasnt lived there in at least 18 years.

I was referring to her singing mnf. No clue about her residence but I would assume Nashville

Political Hack
10-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Blindside's wife.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Would have rather had someone current or a Morgan Freeman, but I guess Faith is better than Jamie Lynn Spears or Brantley DBag Gilbert, so I'll take it.

For any of you guys that watch Nashville with your wives....We just got Reyna James

Aces High
10-07-2014, 09:17 PM
I was referring to her singing mnf. No clue about her residence but I would assume Nashville

Gotcha. Cant tell who replies to who from phone

RC3
10-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Just looked it up. She sang Sunday night intro from 07 until 13

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Just curious, is this a gay message board? Because if something this hot touches our campus, we should all rejoice

https://image-cdn.zap2it.com/images/faith-hill-sunday-night-football.jpg

Homedawg
10-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Wonder if Sandra Bullock is an option? I know she has family that lives in starkville; aunts & uncles.

Yea the star of the rebel prick movie, no thanks.

DudyDawg
10-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Is this confirmed

Homedawg
10-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Booooo

Beyond disappointed if true

Wtf? Why? This is a ms girl and a star. Good w me. But whatever

Ralph
10-07-2014, 09:23 PM
This would've been a great get in 2004, but could do a lot worse.

DudyDawg
10-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Wtf? Why? This is a ms girl and a star. Good w me. But whatever

I think a lot of people, including me, would rather have someone who went here and is a well known dog. I'm not irate, but I don't like just grabbing a celeb that is from the same state. Could be worse, a lot worse, but could be better IMO.

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2014, 09:25 PM
She needs to wear the same thing she did in the bedroom scenes of the Breathe video.

RC3
10-07-2014, 09:25 PM
She will represent us and the state well and will not do anything ludicrous. It's fine people

Statefan
10-07-2014, 09:27 PM
I swear some of yall will bitch about anything. We get a well known, Mississippian to represent us on the premier college football show that will be watched by millions of people and people still complain

This is not some local show hosted at Stagger In. This is 17ing Gameday, and this is 100000000000x better than Will Clark who our own younger fans couldn't even pick out of a crowd

Coach34
10-07-2014, 09:27 PM
She actually represents alot about what Miss State and the state of Mississippi is about- but I'm very disappointed in this choice.

MSUDawg4Life
10-07-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't have a problem with Faith Hill. Beautiful woman, from Mississippi and has some relation to football.

I understand people wanting a MSU person, but we could have done much worse than Faith Hill.

I think she will represent us well.

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Dang, I'm not even a country music fan but I'm down with Faith Hill. Mississippi girl that's well known across the country, talented, beautiful. What's not to like. I would bet she has family connections to MSU somewhere.

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2014, 09:29 PM
She actually represents alot about what Miss State and the state of Mississippi is about- but I'm very disappointed in this choice.

Why? I think it's a great choice. Sure beats Katy Perry, who has nothing to do with Mississippi

TheRef
10-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Look, guys. For all we know, she's a huge Dawg fan. Don't judge the decision yet. If we find out that she is a massive MSU fan, a bunch of y'all will be eating a lot of crow. Just be happy with this pick and the fact that we actually got someone from Mississippi instead of someone who just happened to have a concert nearby. We're okay. I like the pick.

Schultzy
10-07-2014, 09:33 PM
I think a lot of people, including me, would rather have someone who went here and is a well known dog. I'm not irate, but I don't like just grabbing a celeb that is from the same state. Could be worse, a lot worse, but could be better IMO.

Better with who? All of you slap dicks that think Papelbon over internationally known Faith Hill is a good idea need to climb out of the basement.

Coach34
10-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Why? I think it's a great choice. Sure beats Katy Perry, who has nothing to do with Mississippi

definitely better than Katy Perry- but she wasnt a good choice to begin with. Just not a fan of country music. At least she is hot

GrassOfDWS
10-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I can see why people might be upset with Faith Hill, and I can see why people would think it is a great pick. I'm curious though, why we are assuming this is true? DickieDawg hasn't said how he heard or knows this.

Schultzy
10-07-2014, 09:37 PM
definitely better than Katy Perry- but she wasnt a good choice to begin with. Just not a fan of country music. At least she is hot

She's a crossover pop singer, not country. Much better known nationally than anyone on here could possibly think of, it's a national show people.

DudyDawg
10-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Everyone who likes this pick is acting like those who Dont are threatening to bomb the stage or something. No one is doing that. Like I said, some of us would rather a former dog. Some are okay with it just being someone from mississippi, which I get. But I would've rather had a dog. Simple as that.

DudyDawg
10-07-2014, 09:40 PM
I can see why people might be upset with Faith Hill, and I can see why people would think it is a great pick. I'm curious though, why we are assuming this is true? DickieDawg hasn't said how he heard or knows this.

Also a very good point and would love to know more

RC3
10-07-2014, 09:41 PM
It makes pretty good sense actually

IMissJack
10-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Saw her with George Strait in Dallas in June. Still looks good. I realize some people want an MSU person, but this is in front of the whole country. ESPN has to get someone recognizable to more than just MS.

Todd4State
10-07-2014, 09:43 PM
I wanted Will Ferrell, but I'm OK with Faith Hill.

Todd4State
10-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Saw her with George Strait in Dallas in June. Still looks good. I realize some people want an MSU person, but this is in front of the whole country. ESPN has to get someone recognizable to more than just MS.

Exactly, and as much as I hate to say it, there really isn't a MSU person that is internationally recognizable and huge. Jerry Rice is probably the closest we can come to that.

In fact, the most recognizable MSU person right now is probably Dak.

FlabLoser
10-07-2014, 09:45 PM
I wanted Will Ferrell, but I'm OK with Faith Hill.

Yep. She represents what we're about even if she isn't an alumnus.

codeDawg
10-07-2014, 09:46 PM
So.... maybe somebody with a connection to Drake or Chris Brown or something could have delivered a current star and created a lot of buzz, but that's not really MSU. Faith Hill is a superstar that most of MS can relate to and is respected nationally. She's going to be amazing on the set, and she is a real star that doesn't need to down beers and stage dive for attention.

She's a great pick. I can't wait.

godlluB
10-07-2014, 09:46 PM
So, one guy posts this and suddenly everyone accepts it as fact? Am I missing something?

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Everyone who likes this pick is acting like those who Dont are threatening to bomb the stage or something. No one is doing that. Like I said, some of us would rather a former dog. Some are okay with it just being someone from mississippi, which I get. But I would've rather had a dog. Simple as that.

To be honest, there aren't a lot of MSU graduates out there that are INSTANTLY recognizable by the entire country. Outside of John Grisham I can't really think of anyone and he rarely does ANY public appearances that I'm aware of. They don't really go in that much for sports figures on the show. I think Faith Hill is a HR because she has her roots in OUR STATE. LOTS better than Katy Perry. Like someone said this is a NATIONAL show that is broadcasting from MSU. Its NOT a show just for the interests of MSU fans.

TheRef
10-07-2014, 09:48 PM
So, one guy posts this and suddenly everyone accepts it as fact? Am I missing something?

I think we are all just ready to know who it is.

Homedawg
10-07-2014, 09:49 PM

That narrows it down to about nobody, other than moulds, smoot and Will Clark. Faith hill is know more nationally than any of the 3 I meantioned.

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 09:51 PM

Correct, every post should be edited to start with IF TRUE. You are right, we could be being pranked on the topic. I always thought though she would be a logical choice for what ESPN is looking for.

Coach34
10-07-2014, 09:52 PM

This may not be 100%- but they think it's who it is

Homedawg
10-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Exactly, and as much as I hate to say it, there really isn't a MSU person that is internationally recognizable and huge. Jerry Rice is probably the closest we can come to that.

In fact, the most recognizable MSU person right now is probably Dak.

And while I agree with your first part, jerry rice has zero Msu connection. None other than he worked out here when he was early in his career.

RC3
10-07-2014, 09:53 PM
And while I agree with your first part, jerry rice has zero Msu connection. None other than he worked out here when he was early in his career.

And the fact that we missed out on him

gtowndawg
10-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Obviously Farrell would have been hilarious but I think she represents Our State very nicely. Much better national draw than Will Clark or someone like that.

joedog
10-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Who the
cares!!!!

You are acting like a bunch of tween girls about a guest picker??? What The Heck?

We are #3 and have a legit chance of being #1 in the country and you are debating about a guest picker.

I don't care if they get a homeless guy off the street to pick for game day.

This thread is embarrassing.

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/attachments/water-cooler/14602d1352934270-random-meme-thread-uploadfromtaptalk1352934263047.jpg

http://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/266309376/h1D0524A5/

yjnkdawg
I like Faith Hill being the guess picker. She is a great music entertainer, was associated with NFL football, remembers where she came from (Star, MS), down home country girl, a great ambassador for the State of Mississippi and portrays more of the Mississippi State "we are family atmosphere" University.

Todd4State

He has a connection to Starkville. And there are pictures on twitter with him hanging out with Tony Hughes from this week.

Rice doesn't have a direct connection to MSU, but when we're talking about national stars and an association with MSU, he's about as close as we can get.

Coach34
10-07-2014, 09:59 PM
JoeDog may be my favorite poster

Pollodawg
10-07-2014, 09:59 PM
First of all, anybody over the age of about ten has heard of Faith Hill, ok? And secondly, Faith is all class from everything I have ever heard about her. We did pretty well here.

dickiedawg
10-07-2014, 10:08 PM
This all day. That breathe video was amazing.

Smitty
10-07-2014, 10:14 PM
I like Faith Hill being the guess picker. She is a great music entertainer, was associated with NFL football, remembers where she came from (Star, MS), down home country girl, a great ambassador for the State of Mississippi and portrays more of the Mississippi State "we are family atmosphere" University.

This plus Joedawg's post.

Faith Hill won't be a headliner after 11:00 AM CST. Katy Perry made more waves than Ole Miss beating ALABAMA.

This is a win all around in that we will wax that Tiger ass, become the number ONE team in the land, and share no spotlight with someone diving off the Sushi Martini patio into the fountain.

Dawg61
10-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Nothing illegal about offering money for a guest picker right? We should offer Cam Newton Sr. $180,000 for his son's services for Saturday on Twitter as a joke. Dead serious.

yjnkdawg
10-07-2014, 10:24 PM
A school can make recommendations to ESPN as a guess picker, but ESPN has the final say and it does not have to be somebody affiliated with the Game Day University. When SC hosted, they made several suggestions and ESPN did not accept their recommendations, but chose Kenny Chesney. Katy Perry seemed more out of control and maybe drinking a little too much Hotty Toddy, but portrayed the OM culture very well.

chef dixon
10-07-2014, 10:26 PM
I just think its cool that we can get anyone special there. Should be neat.

DudyDawg
10-07-2014, 10:34 PM
This plus Joedawg's post.

Faith Hill won't be a headliner after 11:00 AM CST. Katy Perry made more waves than Ole Miss beating ALABAMA.

This is a win all around in that we will wax that Tiger ass, become the number ONE team in the land, and share no spotlight with someone diving off the Sushi Martini patio into the fountain.
Just FYI, it's called Champs now ha. No longer sushi

Bothrops
10-07-2014, 10:47 PM
This is a Rankin county girl, that's still hot and does the Monday night football song. Also has had a huge career and unlike Katy Perry, people will still remember her in 10 years. Quit complaining. She's perfect for us.

Smitty
10-07-2014, 10:49 PM
It has to be her

Faith- "In Mullen we trust" was the rallying call last year and look where it has gotten us

Hill- clearly a synonym to mound aka Indian Burial Mound.

PMDawg
10-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Who the
cares!!!!

You are acting like a bunch of tween girls about a guest picker??? What The Heck?

We are #3 and have a legit chance of being #1 in the country and you are debating about a guest picker.

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/attachments/water-cooler/14602d1352934270-random-meme-thread-uploadfromtaptalk1352934263047.jpg

Thank you.

cheewgumm
10-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Bump... Keep it alive!!!

Couldn't resist

bobcat91
10-08-2014, 12:54 AM
I'm losing brain cells reading this. I don't care who they get to be the guest picker, this is not about them. This is about breaking our foot off in Auburn's ass for 3 and a half hours in front of a national audience. Stay focused!

Martianlander
10-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Evidently Elvis wasn't available.

TheRef
10-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Brad Logan
@BradLoganCOTE
Per @leahkbeasley, information on @CollegeGameDay in Starkville will be released later today on @HailStateFB and Hailstate.com

8:01am ? 8 Oct 2014 ? Twitter Web Client

Reason2succeed
10-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Faith Hill actually has class. Katy Perry came to the grove but didn't even display her most valuable assets. Instead she wore a pink moo-moo or whatever that thing was that completely covered her. It's appropriate that we would have a more mature classic beauty and OM would get street trash to represent them.

BulldogDX55
10-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Not gonna lie, Katy Perry will be a hard one to top. Some of you old fogies are shouting "trash" and "classless," but if you ask any unbiased person (non State or Ole Miss), that was about the most entertaining Game Day ever. The act she put on is kind of her schtick. We are all disappointed by a lack of cleavage.

Faith Hill, if this is true because I still have not seen official confirmation, is a good-if-low-key choice. While she is not at the top of her game fame wise, she is still hot, was at one point the top female country artist (AFAIK), and should represent the spirit of our University pretty well.

That said, who cares, I'll watch gameday from my tent, but I will be there to watch us slap Auburn around like they stole someone.

Coach34
10-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Not gonna lie, Katy Perry will be a hard one to top. Some of you old fogies are shouting "trash" and "classless," but if you ask any unbiased person (non State or Ole Miss), that was about the most entertaining Game Day ever. The act she put on is kind of her schtick. We are all disappointed by a lack of cleavage.

Faith Hill, if this is true because I still have not seen official confirmation, is a good-if-low-key choice. While she is not at the top of her game fame wise, she is still hot, was at one point the top female country artist (AFAIK), and should represent the spirit of our University pretty well.

That said, who cares, I'll watch gameday from my tent, but I will be there to watch us slap Auburn around like they stole someone.

well, us old guys care more about representation than entertainment

curmudgeon
10-08-2014, 08:52 AM
I like the pick. She's all class and when Katy Perry washes up and goes all Britney/Miley/Lindsay Lohan, she will be associated with someone else.

Faith Hill = family atmosphere. People's university. Rankin County girl. They'll play Mississippi Girl. We'll beat Auburn. It will be awesome.

Dawgheadcheese
10-08-2014, 08:57 AM

No kidding.

BulldogDX55
10-08-2014, 09:09 AM
well, us old guys care more about representation than entertainment

No one will look down on a school for its game day guest picker because most people know that the school has little say in it. However, more people will tune in to gameday and watch the glorified three hour commercial for your university if you have an exotic choice. The Katy Perry Game Day was the most watched one of all time.

Coach34
10-08-2014, 09:15 AM
No one will look down on a school for its game day guest picker because most people know that the school has little say in it. However, more people will tune in to gameday and watch the glorified three hour commercial for your university if you have an exotic choice. The Katy Perry Game Day was the most watched one of all time.

aGAIN- I don't give a shit about entertainment or what the ratings are for GameDay. Faith Hill is a solid choice and very representative of Mississippi and the type school we are. I'm just not that fond of the choice because I hate country music. I couldn't tell you one song she sings.

People tuned in to Katy Perry because she is a dumb slut with big tits- I get it. Shit- I think having Russell Brand as our picker would be funny as hell.

Covercorner2
10-08-2014, 09:17 AM
The thing is if the guest picker was someone that went to State 90% of the people watching wouldn't even know who he or she is. A person like Hill is from MS and is recognizable. That recognizable part is what this is all about...

maroonmania
10-08-2014, 09:19 AM

Yep, hard to have it both ways. OM and ESPN went the direction to get the most "splash" by picking Katy Perry and the viewership responded (and she was entertaining no doubt) but she had NOTHING to do with Mississippi or the culture or values of Mississippi. Faith Hill won't get that kind of buzz because she doesn't have the flambouyant personality of someone like Perry but she DOES represent a lot of what's great about Mississippi and its culture so I will gladly exchange a few viewers to have our university and State represented in a class manner.

Political Hack
10-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Why don't we just ask Sandra Bullock to do it?

Johnson85
10-08-2014, 09:59 AM
The thing is if the guest picker was someone that went to State 90% of the people watching wouldn't even know who he or she is. A person like Hill is from MS and is recognizable. That recognizable part is what this is all about...

Yeah, people seem to still think that GameDay is primarily a football show, and it's not anymore. Very little football, more like the TV equivalent of a pep rally, and they are much more focused on broad entertainment than football. It's for people that don't really like football but like all the things that go along with college football.

If they tried to start gameday now with the current format, it would be a huge flop, because college football fans would hate it and it wouldn't have the name recognition to broaden its appeal.

BossDawg
10-08-2014, 11:14 AM
I like it. However I'd like to see Carrie Underwood.....**drools uncontrollably**

ScottH
10-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Shit- I think having Russell Brand as our picker would be funny as hell.

That would be f'n priceless.

Dawg61
10-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Faith Hill actually has class. Katy Perry came to the grove but didn't even display her most valuable assets. Instead she wore a pink moo-moo or whatever that thing was that completely covered her. It's appropriate that we would have a more mature classic beauty and OM would get street trash to represent them.

Yo watch who you calling street trash!!

Gen. Grant
10-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Why don't we just ask Sandra Bullock to do it?

They would probably just talk about the Blind Side for 3 hours. No thanks.

Alldawg
10-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Well Faith is definitely better than getting Katy Perry's little brother to do it*****

defiantdog
10-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Interesting how someone would know the guest picker already considering the choice has NOTHING to do with the university. ESPN chooses the guest picker. So, unless you work for ESPN, you probably don't know who it's going to be....

fishwater99
10-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Woody Harrelson is in MS and coming to the game... Why not him?

Political Hack
10-08-2014, 01:50 PM
They would probably just talk about the Blind Side for 3 hours. No thanks.

but we get Tim McGraw's wife that has family ties to Taco Chico and the blind side? I would think them as a couple would've been perfect for OM given the blind side ties.

Dawg61
10-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Woody Harrelson is in MS and coming to the game... Why not him?

+1

whatever
10-08-2014, 02:05 PM
I don't like the Jerry Rice suggestion.

He's boring, and I actually think it would make us look worse. People will be like, "oh I didn't know Jerry Rice played there," and then when they look it up and realize he didn't they'll be like "MSU had no one else affiliated with their university that's even remotely famous so they had to use a football player that didn't even play there." And then we would be like, "YEAH BUT HE'S WORKED OUT HERE TWICE!!!"

Let's go for the celeb that is at least from MS and can at least say they have family ties to the school, because we don't really have a famous alum that is both charismatic and someone that the whole world would know

Spider-Man
10-08-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't watch the show, so I don't really care who we get. I care more about Corso putting on the Bully head than I do who is the guest picker.

icecreamdawg
10-08-2014, 02:25 PM
It's a good fit.
No word if she's bringing Tim.

He pissed off a lot of live indians with "Indian Outlaw". The dead indians won't be happy either.

DovaDawg
10-08-2014, 06:52 PM
A. Ole Miss lucked up in that Katy Perry was passing through Memphis and had a connection on staff.

B. Many of you seem to be over looking the big picture. We will have the top college football show talking about Dak and the Heisman for 3 hours.

At the end of the year Ole Miss will have gained 100 new teenage girl fans because they had Katy Perry. If Dak walks on the stage and accepts the Heisman, do you think the top QB recruits in the country are going to care who our guest picker was?

scottycameron
10-08-2014, 07:14 PM
JoeDog may be my favorite poster

ditto.

Political Hack
10-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Who the
cares!!!!

I'd be cool with a homeless guy if he went to State.

yjnkdawg
10-08-2014, 09:10 PM
My perfect scenario would be for us to have a guess picker to blow Katy Perry's one and probably only time appearance at OM, out of the water, and then the Dawgs blow Barn out of DWS.

Dawgfan77
10-09-2014, 06:19 AM
I have heard that faith is a MSU fan from more than one person.

Dawg61
10-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Jerry Rice is from MS. His family lives in Eupora.

Covercorner2
10-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Jerry would be perfect. Class act. MS boy. And EVERYONE knows who he is....

Dawgfan77
10-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Jerry Rice is from MS. His family lives in Eupora.

His mom used to live on old hwy 25 just south if town. Didn't know they lived in Eupora

drummerdawg
10-09-2014, 08:25 AM
His mom used to live on old hwy 25 just south if town. Didn't know they lived in Eupora

she still lives in Starkville

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Weren't our sports teams earlier in the year supporting and visiting a sick kid with a terminal disease? I know we do the Blair E visits every year, but I thought there was one kid that the teams had taken as one of their own. I think it would be cool as hell if we could somehow get that kid or a group of kids to be OUR guest picker. That would be a great reflection on the MSU Family.

CadaverDawg
10-09-2014, 08:40 AM
If ESPN picks it, they may pick Archie Manning. **

joedog
10-09-2014, 09:16 AM
I don't watch the show, so I don't really care who we get. I care more about Corso putting on the Bully head than I do who is the guest picker.

http://s28.postimg.org/kmfg17nwt/corso_bully_head.jpg

CadaverDawg
10-09-2014, 09:17 AM
http://s28.postimg.org/kmfg17nwt/corso_bully_head.jpg

Awesome

drummerdawg
10-09-2014, 10:52 AM
How would y'all feel about Mark Wahlberg?

Dawgfan77
10-09-2014, 11:19 AM

Home run

Saltydog
10-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Big name, yes. Connection, no.........At least Faith Hill is from MS...........

BulldogDX55
10-09-2014, 11:35 AM

That'd be cool if random. I saw that rumor on 24/7. Does it have any legs?

Dawg61
10-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Big name, yes. Connection, no.........At least Faith Hill is from MS...........

If it means Wahlberg adopts MSU as his team and starts wearing MSU gear I'm all for it. Be pretty cool if he becomes a Bulldog fan. He's a top 10 actor.

godlluB
10-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Weren't our sports teams earlier in the year supporting and visiting a sick kid with a terminal disease? I know we do the Blair E visits every year, but I thought there was one kid that the teams had taken as one of their own. I think it would be cool as hell if we could somehow get that kid or a group of kids to be OUR guest picker. That would be a great reflection on the MSU Family.

This would not only be a home run, it'd be a grand slam!

jimbo352
10-09-2014, 11:55 AM
I did not read this thread.

I'll just say Faith Hill is fine. Katy Perry is a very big name, but what does this do to benefit OM on the football field. Maybe it helps get the school out there or maybe help enrollment.... I don't know... It won't effect the game, so who really cares.

bulldogsmsu
10-09-2014, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=jimbo352;265802]I did not read this thread.

I'll just say Faith Hill is fine. Katy Perry is a very big name, but what does this do to benefit OM on the football field. Maybe it helps get the school out there or maybe help enrollment.... I don't know... It won't effect the game, so who really cares.[/QU

Seems like no one really knows. I figured we would have an answer by now on who it is. When do they normally announce this?

Covercorner2
10-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Katy Perry was announced the Thursday night before...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-09-2014, 12:55 PM
If it means Wahlberg adopts MSU as his team and starts wearing MSU gear I'm all for it. Be pretty cool if he becomes a Bulldog fan. He's a top 10 actor.
True...isn't he a Boston guy? Maybe he heard about the maroon Boston Strong hats we auctioned off for donations. It'd pretty damn cool if he came out wearing one of those hats!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-09-2014, 12:58 PM
This would not only be a home run, it'd be a grand slam!
Yeah man, it'd be dusty as hell on campus that day if it happened. I'd like to think more people would be moved by that than a famous person making an appearance. We've got a great opportunity to show the nation what we're about and the MSU spirit shows through.

maroonmania
10-09-2014, 02:43 PM
True...isn't he a Boston guy? Maybe he heard about the maroon Boston Strong hats we auctioned off for donations. It'd pretty damn cool if he came out wearing one of those hats!

Will he bring Ted with him?