PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals back in the NLCS again

Todd4State
10-07-2014, 07:59 PM
For the fourth year in a row. And I'm glad that they didn't have to go back to LA- I don't think they would have been able to beat Grienke and Wainwright has lost there the past two postseasons. I'm also glad to see the Dodgers pitch Kershaw- the Cardinals have his number in the postseason.

Here's one thing I love about baseball stats- you get crazy information like the fact that Matt Adams is the first LH hitter to hit a HR off of a Kershaw curveball. That's pretty remarkable.

Going forward, I like the fact that we get to keep the rotation intact for the NLCS. Wainwright, Lynn, Lackey, and then Miller. Pretty crazy to think that Wacha, Carlos Martinez, and Marco Gonzalez are all in the bullpen. It's good to see Rosenthal come back after being overworked and see Neshek rebound.

Getting Jhonny Peralta has made a huge difference compared to Kozma- I don't think the Cardinals lose all that much defensively with Peralta. Randal Grichuk is going to be a very good player. He has impressed me.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Saving money for world series tickets, thank god for an off week and an away game

War Machine Dawg
10-07-2014, 08:24 PM
I really wish the Braves would snag your assistant GM. "The Braves Way" sucks. Time for new blood from the outside.

Dawg61
10-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Go Giants!!

Todd4State
10-07-2014, 08:37 PM
I really wish the Braves would snag your assistant GM. "The Braves Way" sucks. Time for new blood from the outside.

Personally, I think the Braves need fewer guys that strike out so much. I think that would fix a lot of the Braves problems personally.

smootness
10-07-2014, 08:39 PM

We've apparently re-done our scouting department and are getting rave reviews for it. And I'm pretty sure John Hart will be named GM, which is a huge win.

War Machine Dawg
10-08-2014, 12:40 AM
We've apparently re-done our scouting department and are getting rave reviews for it. And I'm pretty sure John Hart will be named GM, which is a huge win.

Screw John Hart. Sure, he was a great GM for the last 20 years. But he's a fossil, like the rest of our front office. If you want to give the job to Copollela, then give it to him. None of this GM-in-waiting bullshit. Mozceliak and Epstein were both younger when they were hired as GM for their respective organizations. If JS, Cox, and Hart all think Coppy is the guy long term, then pull the damn trigger. Don't force us to wait for 1-2 more seasons.

Bottom line, I want some fresh blood in the front office. Someone who isn't attached to the fossils running the show and the "Braves Way." The "Braves Way" may have resulted in a bunch of great regular seasons and division titles, but it produced all of 1 World Championship. And we haven't made it out of the first round of the playoffs in over a decade. I'd trade all those 90-win regular seasons and 3/4ths of the division titles for 3-4 more Championships. In summary, **** the "Braves Way" and try something different.