PDA

View Full Version : Another good article

Covercorner2
10-07-2014, 07:49 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2223376-mississippi-states-gang-of-misfit-recruits-on-revenge-tour-of-sec

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2014, 07:49 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2223376-mississippi-states-gang-of-misfit-recruits-on-revenge-tour-of-sec

Coach34
10-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Literally the best article I've ever read on us

"A coach doesn't have to worry about a team built like Mississippi State looking ahead and not playing one game at a time. They want to play one game at a time because it means one payback at a time, too."

Coach34
10-07-2014, 08:00 PM
"I was zero stars"- Ben Beckwith....2 time SEC OL player of the week

Political Hack
10-07-2014, 08:19 PM
"I was zero stars"- Ben Beckwith....2 time SEC OL player of the week

that. is. awesome.

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Good article although it sounds like we have NOBODY that anybody else wanted which isn't exactly the truth. No doubt that Mullen and crew are excellent developers of raw talent though. Biggest concern reading the article now though is that Love is somehow injured.

godlluB
10-07-2014, 08:20 PM
I normally refuse to read anything on Bleacher Report (or SDS), but after reading the headline, "Mississippi State's Gang of Misfit Recruits on Revenge Tour of SEC", I couldn't resist.

This is a great article, do yourself a favor and read this, even if you dislike BR as much as I do. I love the whole concept of "Revenge Tour".

Dawgowar
10-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Truly, I want Auburn eviscerated this Saturday. 1999, Va Tech in Vick's breakout season, their 6th game was Syracuse. A then conference rival and east coast football standard bearer. They thought Tech was good but not what they were billed to be. Final score was Tech 62 Orangemen 0

We need some football justice this weekend.

TrapGame
10-07-2014, 08:35 PM
If Saban has a Process, Mullen has a Formula. Find nuts-and-bolts guys, high school quarterbacks who are athletic and big that can be turned into linebackers. Find basketball kids that like to mix it up and can run. Redshirt them, build their bodies, but also build their pride in all things Mississippi State. Most of all, restore the pride in themselves and, as sinister as it sounds, hope they have a strain of vengeance running through their core to bind it all together.

The Formula.

dnadawg
10-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Would be a great sign for this weekend......

"Ben Beckwith"
"No Stars"
"All Bulldog"

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Love limped off after giving up A&M's final TD. I don't know if he was injured or his ego was hurt though. Again, I have no idea what happened, but it looked a the limp someone gets when they want to make an excuse.

We really need him to take some accountability, and get ready to play the game of his life on Saturday.

Todd4State
10-07-2014, 08:54 PM
If Saban has a Process, Mullen has a Formula. Find nuts-and-bolts guys, high school quarterbacks who are athletic and big that can be turned into linebackers. Find basketball kids that like to mix it up and can run. Redshirt them, build their bodies, but also build their pride in all things Mississippi State. Most of all, restore the pride in themselves and, as sinister as it sounds, hope they have a strain of vengeance running through their core to bind it all together.

The Formula.

I liked that too.

Everyone that fixates on stars needs to read this.

TXDawg
10-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Excellent article.

IMissJack
10-07-2014, 10:49 PM
It seems in recent recruiting that 4*s are now finding MSU acceptable. By the way, Dan is building MSU football the same way Richard Williams did with basketball in late '80s and early '90s. Cameron Burns and co. was undersized to play center/forward but they beat the crap out of LSU like 6 times in a row when Shaq was there. Then the better players started to come.

blacklistedbully
10-08-2014, 01:40 AM
I normally refuse to read anything on Bleacher Report (or SDS), but after reading the headline, "Mississippi State's Gang of Misfit Recruits on Revenge Tour of SEC", I couldn't resist.

This is a great article, do yourself a favor and read this, even if you dislike BR as much as I do. I love the whole concept of "Revenge Tour".

BR is usually horseshit that any moron can write for. But this guy's credentials are not your typical BRer. He appears to be a legit journalist and author.

Dawgheadcheese
10-08-2014, 09:09 AM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2223376-mississippi-states-gang-of-misfit-recruits-on-revenge-tour-of-sec

I'm not crazy about this article. It obviously was written in a way to make it more interesting due to the fact that a #3 team in the country, playing in the toughest conference, has a bunch of players that couldn't go to any of the big schools. And that the highly ranked players have always blown us off. That is obviously not true. You don't win like we are without top talent - talent that other top teams wanted but didn't get. Now, "throw in" some underrated players to fill the gaps - that is what Mullen and Co. have done so well at MSU. But that comes down more to the success of evaluating the potential of players. This article just inacurately portrays MSU as not having the ability to attract top tier 4 and 5 star talent and that is complete bs. And after this year and next year MSU will have even much more success brining in those type players.

Coach34
10-08-2014, 09:18 AM
But that is why the article is so good. Whether our fans want to accept it or not- we are the low profile school in the SEC. We preach family. We don't get many high profile, flashy recruits. We get a ton of under the radar guys and develop them. That's not a bad thing. Embrace it

HoopsDawg
10-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Not a bad article. We definitely have some under the radar guys, but it's a nice mix of highly recruited players and players that were developed. When it comes to stars, I think you throw them completely out of the window when it comes to Offensive Linemen. There's very little merrit with O-line stars unless the kid is a no-brainer. So if you take out our offensive linemen ratings, we have a good bit of "star power" on our team.

Bullmutt
10-08-2014, 10:36 AM
That article reads more like something from SI than BR.