PDA

View Full Version : How does our secondary matchup with Auburn's WRs?

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Just saw some Auburn replays on Sportcenter, and the part of Auburn's team that scares me the most are the 2 WRs, Duke Williams and Coates. Both of these guys are big and show the ability to go and get it.

I have no doubt that our CBs will be in the right position to make play on these two guys, but I am worried about jump balls. Especially against Jamerson Love.

Any thoughts?

Todd4State
10-07-2014, 05:53 PM
I noticed that we played Calhoun and Redmond the majority of the time against A&M. I expect that we will continue to do so this week.

Statefan
10-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Have we won a jump ball yet? I think our secondary has played well but it seems like receivers are just beating us (mainly Love) for jump balls

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Have we won a jump ball yet? I think our secondary has played well but it seems like receivers are just beating us (mainly Love) for jump balls

Agree. Our problem isn't coverage, it's ball skills. Out DBs have been beat there. It will take a great effort against Auburn's two big guys.

Bothrops
10-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Just saw some Auburn replays on Sportcenter, and the part of Auburn's team that scares me the most are the 2 WRs, Duke Williams and Coates. Both of those guys are big and show the ability to go and get it.

I have no doubt that our CBs will be in the right position to make play on these two guys, but I am worried about jump balls. Especially against Jamerson Love.

Any thoughts?

My biggest fears are Coates and Williams. They are so tough to bring down in open space and I'm afraid our corners will get physically whipped, resulting in Auburn touchdowns. They have better big receivers than A&M, better hands too. We have to rattle Marshall or they will get us deep eventually.

Saltydog
10-07-2014, 06:53 PM
will need to play well and slow Coates and Williams down if we have a chance of winning this game......

drunkernhelldawg
10-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Pretty sure they'll get beat on some big plays in the game. What we've got to do is keep it from happening more than a few times. And especially not in back to back possessions .