PDA

View Full Version : Why does Auburn whine and complain about out cowbells more than any other school?

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2014, 05:02 PM
I've read a bunch of stuff this week about Auburn complaining about our cowbells, and realized that they are about the only fanbase that complains about our cowbells.

Ole Miss fans, Bama fans, LSU fans, etc.. rarely ever say a word about them. Sure you may hear some random fans talking about it, but it never compares to Auburn's fans and their disgust for our tradition.

Therefore, my question is: What is it about Auburn fans that make them hate cowbells so much, and why do they seem to be more disgusted by them than any other SEC fanbase?

I realize there are many funny responses to this question, by I'm halfway serious. What is it with these people? Why do they care so much more than anyone else?

TheRef
10-07-2014, 05:05 PM
SHUG

That's all that I need to say.

hailmari
10-07-2014, 05:06 PM
They jealous.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Because they're scared. They know that we are the closest team to having their number over the past several years, but they have gotten lucky. Now they know that we have a really dangerous team so they're scared and nervous.

Todd4State
10-07-2014, 05:15 PM
I think it's because they didn't think of it first. They are the War Eagles but the team is Tigers and they are on the plains and that's why they have a bird and it's really cool and then they roll Toomer's Corner.

Political Hack
10-07-2014, 05:19 PM
because they generally whine and complain more than any other school. Although LSU and Ole Miss are in the same group with them.

yjnkdawg
10-07-2014, 06:14 PM
SHUG

That's all that I need to say.

+1

hdc
10-07-2014, 06:19 PM
It is my understanding that it was primarily their whining that got them banned the first time.

At least Les waited until after the game before whining about getting STOMPED!

Political Hack
10-07-2014, 06:23 PM
It is my understanding that it was primarily their whining that got them banned the first time.

it was Jeremey Foley at Florida that caused the re-ban after they had stopped enforcing the existing rule.

IMissJack
10-07-2014, 06:32 PM
They are just doubling down on Shug.

yjnkdawg
10-07-2014, 06:35 PM

Their whining started in the game, when MSU had gotten momentum and it looked like the highly favored Auburn team may go down in defeat. Their coach, Shug Jordan, claimed that his players couldn't hear their signals and the cowbells were an unfair advantage to MSU. I think all the other coaches (maybe some weren't, but I believe all were) were in favor of banning the cowbells.

BulldogBacker
10-07-2014, 06:42 PM
+1

+1

HereComesTheSpiral
10-07-2014, 07:06 PM
it was Jeremey Foley at Florida that caused the re-ban after they had stopped enforcing the existing rule.

Was it after they got croomed in 04?

TUSK
10-07-2014, 08:58 PM
delete

TUSK
10-07-2014, 08:59 PM
is the cowbell the only artificial noisemaker excluded from the ban?

do A&M or Mizzo have any similar traditions?

edit... also, is it up to the home team to enforce the rule?

TheRef
10-07-2014, 09:02 PM
is the cowbell the only artificial noisemaker excluded from the ban?

do A&M or Mizzo have any similar traditions?

As far as I know, no other school has any traditions involving artificial noisemakers that are currently within the SEC.

I do know that Oklahoma State has massive paddles that they gave their students to slam against the massive wall in front of the student section.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-07-2014, 09:10 PM
As far as I know, no other school has any traditions involving artificial noisemakers that are currently within the SEC.

I do know that Oklahoma State has massive paddles that they gave their students to slam against the massive wall in front of the student section.
Texas Tech has cowbells, or they did

chef dixon
10-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Because they suck.