PDA

View Full Version : Just saw where Julian Jones from Alabama committed suicide

Bucky Dog
10-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Says he was one of the top recruits for 2016 and that we had showed interest. I hat seeing stories like this. I have teenage girls and dealing with all of the pressures these days it makes me worry. Prayers for his family.

Political Hack
10-07-2014, 05:03 PM
That's terrible. The pressure society is putting on high school kids now is unreal. They've got the rest of their lives to worry about stupid, mostly-meaningless trivial crap. I hate hate hate hearing these stories about young kids. So damn sad.

Martianlander
10-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Terrible, and unfortunately it puts the idea in other kids' minds.

Bucky Dog
10-07-2014, 07:39 PM
I read where his dad was the former HC at Alabama A&M. And we had been on him for awhile. Wasn't sure if Mullen had mentioned it anywhere. I worry some times about how hard I come down on my kids.

notsofarawaydawg
10-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Bucky .. as long as you do it with love you shouldn't worry. In the end they will thank you for it and love you more than you can imagine.

chainedup_Dawg
10-08-2014, 09:04 AM
I saw this also, it's awful. If you know of someone that is having a hard time, take the time to talk/listen.

I wonder if we could do something for the kid and his family. Maybe send his family a jersey with his name on it in a shadowbox or make him an honorary signee or something