PDA

View Full Version : Student section heads up

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-07-2014, 03:22 PM
They're checking IDs and not letting non-students/students without student tickets into the student section anymore.

I also saw a rumor that they're paying incentives to the event services ID checkers to catch people trying to sneak in.

mstatefan91
10-07-2014, 03:25 PM
They're checking IDs and not letting non-students/students without student tickets into the student section anymore.

I also saw a rumor that they're paying incentives to the event services ID checkers to catch people trying to sneak in.

This is going to be annoying. My ID is nearly 5 years old, and I look nothing like I did then. I'm sure I'll get questioned each time I try to go in.

monroedawg5646
10-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Also last wk I had a dick weed ask me for a ticket every time I tried to come back up the ramp from concessions/pisser. Very annoying.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-07-2014, 03:27 PM
This is going to be annoying. My ID is nearly 5 years old, and I look nothing like I did then. I'm sure I'll get questioned each time I try to go in.

It will take an extra 30 minutes to get into the stadium too..I understand why they're doing it I guess, but it still pisses me off they did it. Especially 5 days before the game once people have already bought tickets and have plans.

TheRef
10-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Also last wk I had a dick weed ask me for a ticket every time I tried to come back up the ramp from concessions/pisser. Very annoying.

I'll pass your concerns to my contact in EOG.

mstatefan91
10-07-2014, 03:29 PM
It will take an extra 30 minutes to get into the stadium too..I understand why they're doing it I guess, but it still pisses me off they did it. Especially 5 days before the game once people have already bought tickets and have plans.

Yep. They need to just go back to the wrist bands. Was it perfect? No. But it worked

hailmari
10-07-2014, 03:31 PM
This was rumored last year before I graduated. I got a new one made just for the sake of no headache. My initial ID was the maroon longways one that they stopped making in like 2010.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-07-2014, 03:43 PM
This was rumored last year before I graduated. I got a new one made just for the sake of no headache. My initial ID was the maroon longways one that they stopped making in like 2010.
They did check last year. They haven't checked up to this point this year.

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 03:44 PM
I can understand wanting to make sure you have a valid ticket to enter the stadium but what is the purpose of making sure everyone is going to the EXACT section that's on their ticket EVERY time they go back and forth to concessions and restrooms UNLESS you are going to a premium area. What purpose does it serve. Get tired of showing my ticket every time I go up and down the ramp to the general seating area.

archdog
10-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Its for standing room only people.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Yep. They need to just go back to the wrist bands. Was it perfect? No. But it worked
They need to just leave it open like they've done all year. That's what works best.

MSUDawg4Life
10-07-2014, 03:57 PM

You probably won't be. They'll be too busy to notice.

I remember we were required to show our ID for everything except football games when I was a student. One night a group of five or six of us wanted to go to a basketball game, but one of our friends had lost his ID. We decided to go anyway. When we got there, we placed the guy without his ID third in the line. The first guy went through, had his card swiped and then discreetly passed it to the second guy in line who passed it to the guy without an ID. The second guy went through. The third guy got to the checker ... showed the first guy's ID ... and went through with no problem at all. :D

Dawgtini
10-07-2014, 03:57 PM
This. They don't want SRO ticket holders sitting in seats purchased by regular ticket holders.

DudyDawg
10-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Give out wristbands. It's ridiculous that they are doing that and saying that students w another Id and the person who's id is being used will be sent to the dean for discuplinary action. Stupid

mstatefan91
10-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Give out wristbands. It's ridiculous that they are doing that and saying that students w another Id and the person who's id is being used will be sent to the dean for discuplinary action. Stupid

Yeah I definitely don't get that. What does it matter if both are students? They just didn't do the transfer process online which apparently isn't working anyway

DudyDawg
10-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Yeah I definitely don't get that. What does it matter if both are students? They just didn't do the transfer process online which apparently isn't working anyway

No it's not working. It's pretty terrible so far. Go back to paper, especially if the technology won't work

HereComesTheSpiral
10-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Sounds like a good ole cluster fuk

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Its for standing room only people.

But they do it for all games, even the couple we've had this year that aren't even sellouts. Are there SRO tickets sold for EVERY game regardless?

Johnson85
10-07-2014, 04:48 PM
But they do it for all games, even the couple we've had this year that aren't even sellouts. Are there SRO tickets sold for EVERY game regardless?

Doesn't matter whether there is standing room only or not. You have unassigned seating in a relatively premium location (the student section). It's a bad idea to have visiting fans with SRO or upper deck tickets trying to use the student section to get a better view. You also don't want MSU fans paying for upper deck seating and then crowding out students, although I would think that few enough fans would want to deal with the student section that this wouldn't really be a problem. But I'd definitely be nervous about opposing fans going into the student section. Huge potential for a black eye for the university and much better to just stop them from getting in the student section to begin with.