PDA

View Full Version : Whitehead Out

bulldogsmsu
10-07-2014, 02:46 PM
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/10/auburn_safety_jermaine_whitehe_5.html

deltadawg99
10-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Wasn't Whitehead part of the group that Yancy referred to as the "Mississippi Homerun"? I believe it was Whitehead, Brassell, Singleton-Manning and CJ.

MetEdDawg
10-07-2014, 02:51 PM
I'm telling you there is something fishy going on here. It just doesn't add up. That's four weeks of the season, three total games, that he's missed for getting into a verbal altercation with a coach?? I just don't see that.

There is much more to this than what we are seeing and I would be very very interested to know what that is and if it has to do with the OM stuff that came out last week.

bulldogsmsu
10-07-2014, 02:53 PM
It is strange to get suspended that long for an argument with a coach. There has to be more to the story.

msstate7
10-07-2014, 02:54 PM
What are auburn fans saying about this? Are they suspicious about the reason given?

CadaverDawg
10-07-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm telling you there is something fishy going on here. It just doesn't add up. That's four weeks of the season, three total games, that he's missed for getting into a verbal altercation with a coach?? I just don't see that.

There is much more to this than what we are seeing and I would be very very interested to know what that is and if it has to do with the OM stuff that came out last week.

Had not thought of that....but then again, CJ played for OM the last several weeks, so....

Either way, I'm glad he's out against us. He may not be the greatest player in the league, but he is a solid veteran guy that they will miss having against our WR's and Dak.

MSUDawg4Life
10-07-2014, 02:57 PM
What are auburn fans saying about this? Are they suspicious about the reason given?

I read that he graduated last semester with a degree in Accounting. Many think he's off the team.

Dawg61
10-07-2014, 02:59 PM
As shitty as Whitehead looked his freshman year he has become one of the better DBs in the SEC the last two years. Glad he is out vs us.

Todd4State
10-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Had not thought of that....but then again, CJ played for OM the last several weeks, so....

Either way, I'm glad he's out against us. He may not be the greatest player in the league, but he is a solid veteran guy that they will miss having against our WR's and Dak.

If Ole Miss had to sit the players that they are paying for, they would be playing walk-ons right now.

I'm sure that they are going to try to get the most out of their money. Not to mention it would also blow their cover.

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 03:51 PM
If Ole Miss had to sit the players that they are paying for, they would be playing walk-ons right now.

I'm sure that they are going to try to get the most out of their money. Not to mention it would also blow their cover.

Amen, I will say for the most part we have built our program up slowly and done things properly in recruiting and other areas to get where we are in year 6 for Mullen. OM has cut corners and done some really blatant things in a lot of areas to get where they are in just the 3rd year of Freeze. Its paid off for them though, at least in the short term. We will see if any of it eventually blows up in their face.

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2014, 03:55 PM
According to one of the comments in the article linked he was screwing off in practice and when a coach called him on it Whitehead told him to 17 off and do something about it. Then added the gem, "what are you going to do? Suspend your best defensive player?" They told him to go home and cleaned out his locker. Now, the poster said that was third hand info so believe what you will.

yakalot
10-07-2014, 05:21 PM

They are blaming Dan, John Bond, the MSU water boy and anyone else associated with MSU.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Wasn't Whitehead part of the group that Yancy referred to as the "Mississippi Homerun"? I believe it was Whitehead, Brassell, Singleton-Manning and CJ.

Was Whitehead the one that told Nutt that him flipping to Auburn was a "business decision?"

Smitty
10-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Singleton-Manning.

Makes me laugh

yjnkdawg
10-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Auburn might want their money back now on that new car back then.

Dawg61
10-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Was Whitehead the one that told Nutt that him flipping to Auburn was a "business decision?"

I thought Whitehead was committed to us and flipped to the Barn.

DoctorDawg
10-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Auby friend told me that he took a swing. Who knows if true or not, but makes sense.

yjnkdawg
10-07-2014, 06:56 PM
I thought Whitehead was committed to us and flipped to the Barn.

He was committed to us in the beginning.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/au-player-who-blew-nutt-off-has-2011-camaro-29868

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 08:37 PM
He was committed to us in the beginning.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/au-player-who-blew-nutt-off-has-2011-camaro-29868

If I remember correctly he decommitted from us and it was assumed he was going to sign with OM but then suddenly he took a trip to Auburn and made his "business decision".