PDA

View Full Version : And now the Bears are back to, "Mullen leaving for..."

blacklistedbully
10-07-2014, 02:11 PM
It's hilarious how those morons can so easily go from, "Mullen will take the (insert school) job after this season", to, "Mullen sucks, nobody was ever really interested in him", and back to "Mullen will take the (insert school) job after this season".

Never seen a bigger bunch of clowns.

MetEdDawg
10-07-2014, 02:14 PM
They should be concerned about Freeze leaving for Florida. Much easier to have long term success there and he would get a substantial pay bump. Access to the best recruiting grounds in the country. And a much easier division to compete in.

Don't forget Michigan too. They will be looking for a coach. Not sure they go fishing in the Michigan well again because that didn't work at all with Hoke.

TrapGame
10-07-2014, 02:20 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

Saban leaves before Mullen. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised to see Saban take the Michigan job.

codeDawg
10-07-2014, 02:21 PM
They should be concerned about Freeze leaving for Florida. Much easier to have long term success there and he would get a substantial pay bump. Access to the best recruiting grounds in the country. And a much easier division to compete in.

Don't forget Michigan too. They will be looking for a coach. Not sure they go fishing in the Michigan well again because that didn't work at all with Hoke.

I'm still waiting for a Les Miles to Michigan dumpster fire. Would be pure entertainment gold.

bankerdawg
10-07-2014, 02:21 PM

I don't see either coach leaving. Freeze will stay there until he is run out of town and its his dream job. State may not be Mullen's dream job, but I do think his dream was to build a program from the ground up and call it his team. He is doing that at State and its not necessary for him to leave. He has everything he wants where he is right now. Bigger programs put much more pressure on him and if he continues to win here, he will be a god.

codeDawg
10-07-2014, 02:22 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

Saban leaves before Mullen. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised to see Saban take the Michigan job.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him "retire" there. I think he wants to go out on top at 'Bama. Time will tell if he gets that chance.

ScottH
10-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Freeze must not be appealing to other schools. He never gets mentioned. Bowls. Great recruiting. No interest. Not a peep.

Are the supposed Briarcrest rumors scaring folks off? No skeletons allowed in the real high profile jobs.

codeDawg
10-07-2014, 02:27 PM
I don't see either coach leaving. Freeze will stay there until he is run out of town and its his dream job. State may not be Mullen's dream job, but I do think his dream was to build a program from the ground up and call it his team. He is doing that at State and its not necessary for him to leave. He has everything he wants where he is right now. Bigger programs put much more pressure on him and if he continues to win here, he will be a god.

Yup. IF you can build it, MSU and UM are awesome jobs. Low expectations, high rewards for moderate success. Both are overachieving right now.

The bar is where you set it. Sure, it's easier to win a NC at Florida, but that's the expectation there. It also comes with a lot of pressure and extracurricular BS. In MS you can have a life, even if you are working 60+ hour weeks. The national media isn't going to be up your hind quarters every time you step out of your car. MSU and UM won't call for your head if you lose to a good team.

mic
10-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Just wanted to pass this along...
Mullen may not want to leave but an offer or 2 may be too good to turn down.. We shall see...
Freeze wants to leave but will never get the job offer he wants..
So no Bears OM isn't his dream job that he has lead you all to believe..

ScottH
10-07-2014, 02:30 PM
J
Freeze wants to leave but will never get the job offer he wants..

Just for fun, would you share where that is?

Reason2succeed
10-07-2014, 02:36 PM
I saw somewhere that the Rebs are dreaming that Dak goes with Mullen to his next spot. Talk about delusional.

codeDawg
10-07-2014, 02:39 PM

Washington Mystics

mic
10-07-2014, 02:42 PM

I will say this.. It's the same source we had when the DJ Law stuff went down in recruiting and ED was all over that.. And correct..

Todd4State
10-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Michigan will probably get Harbaugh.

And as far as Freeze, if he gets offered a job that is decent I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave especially with the ongoing investigation at Ole Miss. If the hammer drops before he leaves, he won't be able to coach at a Big 5 school ever again.

AlSwearengen
10-07-2014, 03:01 PM
One called into finebaum yesterday claiming to be a State fan, worrying about Mullin to Florida.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Nobody wants Freeze. He is perceived as damaged goods.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2014, 03:04 PM
I'll also say this, it is GREAT to have coach that gets mentioned like this. I don't think Mullen is going anywhere anytime soon but if he does he will leave this program light years ahead of where it has ever been in the modern era.

mstatefan91
10-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Well I heard from the gas station man that Mullen is going straight to Florida after this season no matter what happens from here on out. Take that for what it's worth... I certainly do

TrapGame
10-07-2014, 03:15 PM
One called into finebaum yesterday claiming to be a State fan, worrying about Mullin to Florida.

And Paul shut him up by saying he knows Dan pretty well and that he really likes Starkville and he just doesn't see him leaving anytime soon. I thought it was pretty good of Finebaum to not let it stay out there as a big ?.

quickstrike2
10-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Mullen will probably be a hot name, and may take a job elsewhere, who knows. He has made this job way more appealing that it was when he got here.

Personally, I would like to think that Mullen enjoys it here and will stay. I would also like to think we could do some things financially to keep him here if need be. I am going to use positive thinking towards this, and hope Mullen stays here awhile.

Ole Miss shouldn't be of no worry about Freeze, it's no lock guarantee he wouldn't ever leave.

basedog
10-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Megan Mullen moved her parents to Starkville, she has stated how much she loves Starkville. Let's worry about Auburn instead of "if where and when" Mullen leaves!

M.Fillmore
10-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Freeze to Oregon State. Beav for the Beavers. Book it.

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2014, 04:11 PM
I'll be more concerned about losing Collins than I would Mullen.

Coach34
I don't see either coach leaving. Freeze will stay there until he is run out of town and its his dream job.

According to friends of his- that's not true. Freezus has his eyes on some bigger jobs out there.

dawggoneit
Freeze waiting on his dream job at Oral Roberts to open up.***

Coach34
10-07-2014, 04:15 PM
If Mullen wins the SEC at State- and gets this kind of press at State, and has the Heisman frontrunner at State- why would he leave? There are only 12 schools or so that can pay better than us. And those jobs dont come open often.

Mullen is not your normal guy. He likes showing people he can beat their ass at Miss State.

DawgPoundtheRock
10-07-2014, 04:18 PM
The rumors abound. Michigan and Florida are for sure up for grabs. There will be more. Even here in Tennessee the talk is of Miles to Michigan, Dan to either Florida or LSU (if Miles goes to Michigan). Saban to Michigan, and Dan to Alabama. Remember, the SEC frowns on coaches moving to take other jobs within the league. The Vandy job could come open along with a host of other possibilities for coaching moves. One thing is for certain. The coaching merry-go-round come December is going to be entertaining.

Concerning Mullen; I don't think he goes anywhere until he wins a SEC championship at State. In that case, why would he want to go?

RougeDawg
10-07-2014, 04:53 PM
I will just say this. I talked to two people in the highest of highest positions on the MSU campus Saturday about this very thing. Not saying which two, but I specifically asked each of them In separate conversations if they were going to make sure Dan stays and remains happy in Starkville. Both replied that they were already in the process of making the necessary "arrangements" to keep Dan as long as we wanted him around.

Jesus, why are we even talking about this? F*ck OM and F*ck their delusional fans. We should be making fun of their sorry ass program because nobody wants their joke of a gimmick coach.

Some of you are forgetting that we now have more money than we have ever had as a university. Salary won't be an issue for our head football coach. Some of you are also forgetting the Seal endowment, part of which was established to retain any head coach that we deemed worthy of a high salary. Dan isn't leaving. Get the F*ck over it and tell any bear to eat beaver shit when they try to stir this shit up.

Coach34
10-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Slive doesnt let other SEC schools poach
No coach in their right mind is leaving the SEC right now

Sacrifice
10-07-2014, 05:02 PM
I don't see Mullen going anywhere. With all the talent he has coming back next season, the talent we're redshirting this season and the recruiting class we have coming in. He's on the verge of doing something that's never been done at State before.

Bothrops
10-07-2014, 05:18 PM
I don't think Mullen or Freeze wants to leave. Why would Mullen want to go back to Florida?

Dawgcentral
10-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Meg loves it in Starkville.

They have a vacation home in Georgia. They can fly off to any tropical destination when they please. CDM's base salary is $200,000 less than Muschamp's at FL. That will change.

Let's just imagine he accomplishes all of his goals at MSU. We're in a position to raise his base salary to compete with the top 5% in the nation with the added SEC revenue and the above mentioned foundation.

This garbage came up when Dan won his first bowl game. I can remember the same thing when JWS started winning.

One more thing. When's the last time a winning coach left MSU for supposedly greener pastures? Was it Darryl Royal? Sheesh!

DancingRabbit
10-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Dan has good talent coming back and more coming in. If end up challenging for the SECW, recruiting is about to get easier. Why would he want a sh1tstorm like Michigan is now. They will want a conference championship in year 2. Now that the SEC is the center of the universe, there are only a handful of jobs more attractive.

When I saw what the SEC network money was going to be I stopped worrying about other programs money-whipping him. In the current landscape we can probably put him in the top 10-15 without breaking a sweat.

I personally know a former coach of a top 5-10 school. The pressure is unbelievable. Dan saw that up close and personal at Florida.