PDA

View Full Version : Cowbell Yell Friday Night

MaroonStateofMind
10-07-2014, 11:56 AM
If you are in town Friday Night make your way to DWS for Cowbell Yell. (open to anyone)
Guest Picker along with College Gameday Hosts will be there!

http://i.groupme.com/433x432.png.b827c639d31c41c598c029bda5e99bc6.large

CadaverDawg
10-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Awesome

Dawg496
10-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Guest Picker will be there sounds like they know who it is. How else could the commit them (assuming they have a busy schedule)? Also that means it can't be anyone playing in a concert or whatever Friday night.

Does that narrow it down? Or is this talking about some other Guest Picker?

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Have they secured the guest picker yet?

deltadawg99
10-07-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm guessing it's either Jerry Rice, Papplebon, Smoot or Will Clark.

MaroonStateofMind
10-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Have they secured the guest picker yet?

No on guest picker but guest picker has to be in town on Friday for run throughs. They confirmed with College Gameday that they'll be there & filming.

MaroonStateofMind
10-07-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm guessing it's either Jerry Rice, Papplebon, Smoot or Will Clark.

Guess here -> http://maroonstateofmind.com/2014/10/06/who-should-be-msus-guest-picker-for-game-day-in-starkville/

gtowndawg
10-07-2014, 12:37 PM
but if Will Clark is our guest picker than we've failed miserably.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2014, 12:40 PM
My guess is that we reached out to Morgan Freeman first, and if he said no, we might have had to go the Fred Smoot, Will Clark, route.

Smoot would be entertaining, but I really hope it's Morgan Freeman or even Will Ferrell.

And I really like the Robin Roberts idea. She has ties to the state of Mississippi and to Mississippi State with Lawrence, she knows sports and used to be on SportsCenter so she appeals to sports fans, she is currently the host of GMA so she appears to women, she is a cancer survivor during Breast Cancer Awareness month, and she is just educated and famous. It would be the best, classy, overall counter to Katy Perry and the drunk fest at Ole Miss.

And ESPN/ABC wouldn't have a hard time getting her you wouldn't think.

DawgHouseUnited
10-07-2014, 12:42 PM
We're not announcing the guest picker, just in case Rev Freeze tries to flip them... #crootin

MaroonStateofMind
10-07-2014, 12:54 PM
My guess is that we reached out to Morgan Freeman first, and if he said no, we might have had to go the Fred Smoot, Will Clark, route.

Smoot would be entertaining, but I really hope it's Morgan Freeman or even Will Ferrell.

And I really like the Robin Roberts idea. She has ties to the state of Mississippi and to Mississippi State with Lawrence, she knows sports and used to be on SportsCenter so she appeals to sports fans, she is currently the host of GMA so she appears to women, she is a cancer survivor during Breast Cancer Awareness month, and she is just educated and famous. It would be the best, classy, overall counter to Katy Perry and the drunk fest at Ole Miss.

And ESPN/ABC wouldn't have a hard time getting her you wouldn't think.

I believe Smoot can't make it do to a show with CBS. (could be a rumor)

CadaverDawg
10-07-2014, 01:08 PM
The more I think about it, the more I want it to be Morgan Freeman or Robin Roberts. Think about how that would look for the state of Mississippi.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Scott Tweeted the other night that ESPN picks the Guest Picker, not us.

MaroonStateofMind
10-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Scott Tweeted the other night that ESPN picks the Guest Picker, not us.

We provide them with a list. College Gameday does the rest.

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Another board reporting it is jamie lynn spears

CadaverDawg
10-07-2014, 01:41 PM

I hope not

TheRef
10-07-2014, 01:43 PM
I hope not

If it's her...my head might explode.

bluelightstar
10-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Hopefully, we bring the band and teach the student section the timing of the Hey Go State cheer. Heard from numerous people that the way it gets messed up now has taken it from their favorite cheer to the least favorite cheer.

DistrictDawg92
10-07-2014, 01:46 PM

Please no. That's basically just a very miniature version of Katy Perry

DudyDawg
10-07-2014, 01:54 PM
If it is her, I will not go to gameday.

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Im pretty sure it is a rumor. I mean, an ole miss fan on 6pack knows but scott strickland doesnt?

Reason2succeed
10-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Did we ask Oprah? Or is she denying that she was born in Mississippi?

mstatefan91
10-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Hopefully, we bring the band and teach the student section the timing of the Hey Go State cheer. Heard from numerous people that the way it gets messed up now has taken it from their favorite cheer to the least favorite cheer.

People getting upset over a cheer being sped up by drunk/excited students is one of the funniest things I've seen on this board.

bluelightstar
10-07-2014, 02:36 PM
People getting upset over a cheer being sped up by drunk/excited students is one of the funniest things I've seen on this board.

Agree to disagree. I just graduated and I think it sounds pretty bad now because it finishes at two significantly different times -- when the student section finishes and when the rest of the stadium finishes.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-07-2014, 02:38 PM
UM had there Kate, why don't we get our Kate, uh, what's her name, the fat girl........

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Agree to disagree. I just graduated and I think it sounds pretty bad now because it finishes at two significantly different times -- when the student section finishes and when the rest of the stadium finishes.

Agree. I had never noticed it until saturday. Wtf is their problem? They are finished 3 seconds before the rest of the stadium. Is it that hard to do it in time? Alcohol? Im way more housed than some painsy drinking in the student section.

LiterallyPolice
10-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Agree. I had never noticed it until saturday. Wtf is their problem? They are finished 3 seconds before the rest of the stadium. Is it that hard to do it in time? Alcohol? Im way more housed than some painsy drinking in the student section.

I've noticed this since the early 2000's. This isn't a new phenomenon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's gotten worse. That's my favorite cheer - it's a shame we can't get it right.

Frexzell
10-07-2014, 03:05 PM
An Ole Miss troll started the JLS rumor on Six Pack -- hardly "reporting."

DistrictDawg92
10-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Well, now a guy from 247 is claiming that it is Mark Wahlburg. Would be odd but cool

mstatefan91
10-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Idk what it is that causes it besides just the general excitement. I promise you that there is more energy in the student section compared to anywhere else in the stadium.

Also, congrats on your ability to drink a lot. We are all very impressed. Keep up the good work

DistrictDawg92
10-07-2014, 03:16 PM

I'll put it this way, I think most students know it's going to fast, but when everyone around you is doing it that fast what are you gonna do? It's really a strange phenomenon that seems beyond repair

Aces High
10-07-2014, 03:33 PM
An Ole Miss troll started the JLS rumor on Six Pack -- hardly "reporting."

It isnt Jamie Lynn. I just asked her.

TheRef
10-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Michael Bonner just reported that Will Ferrell won't be the guest picker because he isn't available....scratch his name off the list for good.