PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss rushing the field should be taken seriously

PassInterference
10-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Funny:

Going viral as I type is a "funny" video of an Ole Miss fan being choke-slammed by law enforcement. Yeah, its funny to see an over exuberant Ole Miss fan get thrown to the ground in an unexpected way.

Not Funny:
An out of control Ole Miss fan made a run at a SEC head coach.

Cute:
Ole Miss fans tore down the goal posts.

Not Funny:
At least one Ole Miss fan was injured when a goal post came down, leaving him with blood gushing from his head and sending him to the hospital.

Cool:
In an interview, Ross Bjork said his first concern was the safety of the Alabama team and its staff. So he directed his security staff to focus on them.

Not Cool:
Alabama's team an staff needed protection from a mob. And while Alabama clearly received protection, security was less focused elsewhere.

Even less cool: This is the 3rd time in 3 years that Ole Miss fans have rushed their own field. While it makes for good TV and fun stories at the fraternity house, this needs to stop. With each instance of this Ole Miss displays an increasing level of tolerance and liability for accidents that have happened and will continue to happen. Its one thing to lose control of a crowd once (actually Bjork admitted to allowing it). But to have it happen and 2nd and a 3rd time is to tolerate negligence.

And finally, act like you've been there, Ole Miss. YOU of all fans constantly remind everyone of your team's former glory. YOU of all people claim to be intimately familiar with winning on a national championship level. After you Ole Miss folks for years screamed from the rooftops that's you'd been there before, the least you can do is freaking act like you've been there! Instead, you are the guy that has bragged of banging a homecoming queen, then didn't know what to do when you actually got a hot girl in bed.

RossDawg82
10-07-2014, 09:50 AM
do you have a link to the video?

DawgInMemphis
10-07-2014, 09:51 AM

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/07/nick-saban-bodyguard-puts-ole-miss-bro-down-with-an-effortless-shove-to-the-throat/

RougeDawg
10-07-2014, 09:51 AM

It's in another thread on front page.

For OP: Slow Clap!!! Yes act like you've been there, and done that before.

mstatefan91
10-07-2014, 09:57 AM
That's one of the calmest take downs ever

DawgHouseUnited
10-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Its one thing to lose control of a crowd once (actually Bjork admitted to allowing it). But to have it happen and 2nd and a 3rd time is to tolerate negligence.

We tend to highlight the lack of discipline on the team. This makes it seem more institutional- bigger than just the football team.

Park duck
10-07-2014, 10:35 AM
So when we beat Auburn do we rush the field or not?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Cool:
In an interview, Ross Bjork said his first concern was the safety of the Alabama team and its staff. So he directed his security staff to focus on them.

Not Cool:
Alabama's team an staff needed protection from a mob. And while Alabama clearly received protection, security was less focused elsewhere.

Funny thing is that half of the security team was down at the student section helping the students climb the railing and get down on the field. I doubt the security team did this on their own.

TheRef
10-07-2014, 10:39 AM

Hell....no

mstatefan91
10-07-2014, 10:39 AM
I would really rather we not, but if we win a close one, I think it will happen.

BLITZII
10-07-2014, 11:05 AM
No sir..........our job is not over. Do not rush the field.

FlabLoser
10-07-2014, 11:07 AM
If we and Ole Miss enter the Egg Bowl 11-0 and we win a close one, do MSU fans rush Ole Miss's field?

It_Could_Happen
10-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Mullen said our fans don't rush the field... Because we expect to win the big games. So keep your happy ass in the stands like everybody else and celebrate.

I seen it dawg
10-07-2014, 11:27 AM

No. We are the best team in the country. We don't rush fields.

Apoplectic
10-07-2014, 11:38 AM
No. We are the best team in the country. We don't rush fields.

I'll rush the field at Jerry's world only!!!

Coach34
10-07-2014, 11:41 AM
We should not rush the field until we clinch something

Johnson85
10-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Not Funny:
At least one Ole Miss fan was injured when a goal post came down, leaving him with blood gushing from his head and sending him to the hospital.

The danger from falling goal posts is real.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2005-07-22-goal-post-lawsuit_x.htm

I don't think fans rushing the field have any idea.

gravedigger
10-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Why?

fishwater99
10-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Mullen said our fans don't rush the field... Because we expect to win the big games. So keep your happy ass in the stands like everybody else and celebrate.

Yep.. in the on-fled interview after the A&M win.. it was classic..

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 02:27 PM
I know OM fans rushed the field after beating us in 2012 and last week. Did they also rush the field after the LSU game last year? I see on their schedule they have mighty Presbyterian later this year. Since that is a guaranteed win they could go ahead and preplan their field rushing for that one. Wouldn't want to see them miss out on a good opportunity.

TheRef
10-07-2014, 02:59 PM
I know OM fans rushed the field after beating us in 2012 and last week. Did they also rush the field after the LSU game last year? I see on their schedule they have mighty Presbyterian later this year. Since that is a guaranteed win they could go ahead and preplan their field rushing for that one. Wouldn't want to see them miss out on a good opportunity.

Yes. Even some OM fans are saying that only a couple hundred rushed the field for LSU and that more rushed the field after the EB....sooooooo

mstatefan91
10-07-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm just saying that I've heard several students talk about rushing the field if we beat Auburn. Don't be surprised if it happens