PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Sallee hating on Ole Miss's chances in the aTm game

FlabLoser
10-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Says Ole Miss was gonna lose before Elston's suspension and now it's even more likely.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2222482-could-trae-elstons-suspension-cost-ole-miss-game-perfect-season-vs-texas-am

Can't stand Sallee's articles..unless I like them.

TXDawg
10-07-2014, 08:35 AM
I called the TAMU win as soon as UM's game was over. If you watched and listened to their players and coaches after that game, their attitude was very much one of "we've accomplished our goals." I think they come out flat off that emotional win over Bama and get steamrolled in College Station. "Bad Bo" will be on full display and will account for at least 3 turnovers.

Irondawg
10-07-2014, 08:40 AM
It all depends if the TAMU receivers can learn to catch in a week. Watching the replay yesterday reminded me of how much closer that game could have been if they had made a few routine catches. They did the same think against ARK. Key drops are really causing problems offensively for them.

TAMU always makes for a fun game to watch so I'm expecting a pretty close game but think TAMU gets it 41-38

msstate7
10-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Not sure if om will lose or not, but an 8pm start in a hostile environment will be tough. One team is licking their wounds and the other has a sore back from getting patted so hard. It could certainly happen

shoeless joe
10-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Yep. After that win I think they lose this one. Plus I feel ATM will have a chip on their shoulder after our game.

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2014, 08:59 AM
It all depends if the TAMU receivers can learn to catch in a week. Watching the replay yesterday reminded me of how much closer that game could have been if they had made a few routine catches. They did the same think against ARK. Key drops are really causing problems offensively for them.

TAMU always makes for a fun game to watch so I'm expecting a pretty close game but think TAMU gets it 41-38

I don't remember and haven't seen a replay, but I wonder how many of those drops were due to us getting some solid hits on the receivers which made them hear footsteps the rest of the game. Or...it could have just been a case of them not being able to catch. In years past we knew what that felt like.

msstate7
10-07-2014, 09:05 AM
I don't remember and haven't seen a replay, but I wonder how many of those drops were due to us getting some solid hits on the receivers which made them hear footsteps the rest of the game. Or...it could have just been a case of them not being able to catch. In years past we knew what that felt like.

Don't know why they were dropping passes, but they were making good catches early. Leads me to believe we caused some drops later by hitting them

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2014, 09:10 AM
UM matches up pretty well with A&M. They have a sellout down there and with it being a late game the atmosphere will be tough for the bears. I think it depends on which Bo shows up. If he stays under control and doesn't turn the ball over they will win. If bad Bo shows up they get rolled bad.

EAVdog
10-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Ole Miss's D can exploit aTm the same way we did. Rush 4 play cover 2. Key will be if aTm can get some substantial rush game going. I see a repeat of last weekend in store for aTm.

QuadrupleOption
10-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Ole Miss's D can exploit aTm the same way we did. Rush 4 play cover 2. Key will be if aTm can get some substantial rush game going. I see a repeat of last weekend in store for aTm.

Or if Ole Miss can turn over Kenny Hill the way we did. Should be a very interesting game. I'm more worried about Auburn though :)

msstate7
10-07-2014, 09:20 AM

I sorta agree. Can om run the ball like we did though?

defiantdog
10-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Don't know why they were dropping passes, but they were making good catches early. Leads me to believe we caused some drops later by hitting them

The dropped passes were all in traffic. A few big hits will cause receivers to drop passes.... Auburn did the same thing to LSU. When you can't run the ball and you're forced to throw it, the defense can put the receivers in very difficult situations.

MSUDawg4Life
10-07-2014, 09:57 AM
I don't know. The more I look at that game, I see the rebelBears have some distinct advantages. I hope aTm wins, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Political Hack
10-07-2014, 10:00 AM

a lot. our guys set a tone early and it lasted throughout the game.

RougeDawg
10-07-2014, 10:05 AM

No they will not be able to. They don't have the caliber of 2-3 deep we have in front 7. They are top heavy when it comes to defensive talent. That's why I'm amazed that Bama didn't come right at them and wear them down. The only reason we were able to get pressure with Our D is we had the mass rotations subs planned perfectly while A&M was running the hurry up. OM will be forced to leave their starting D out there entire drives is they hope to stop A&M. They will wear down and lose.

maroonmania
10-07-2014, 10:06 AM
One factor in our game was that A&M was missing Malcolm Kennedy with at shoulder injury. He is one of their better receivers. I don't know if he is suppose to be back this week to play against the Bears or not. Anyone else seen anything on him?

deltadawg99
10-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Their receivers got alligator arms after getting hit hard on a few catches.

Sumlin is going to pick on whichever true freshman is playing in Elston's spot for a half.

This is a tough turn around game for the bears, especially with it being on the road. Is Malcolm Kennedy going to play? That was a big positive for us considering that he is one of Hill's favorite targets and one of the best WRs in the country.

I seen it dawg
10-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I think this one has more to do with Sumlin getting his guys ready than anything OM will or will not do. Dude can coach and I don't think he gets beat in this scenario.

thf24
10-07-2014, 11:54 AM
No they will not be able to. They don't have the caliber of 2-3 deep we have in front 7. They are top heavy when it comes to defensive talent. That's why I'm amazed that Bama didn't come right at them and wear them down. The only reason we were able to get pressure with Our D is we had the mass rotations subs planned perfectly while A&M was running the hurry up. OM will be forced to leave their starting D out there entire drives is they hope to stop A&M. They will wear down and lose.

Agreed. We only started getting great pressure in the second half when aTm's o-line was wearing down and our d-line was still fresh due to the rotations. OM doesn't have that luxury, and will struggle against aTm's great line the whole game like we did early on. Not saying that'll decide it, but they're not going to have Hill running for his life like we did in the latter part of the game.

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Ole Miss won't have as much success on offense as us because they can't run the ball. A&M will be playing the pass all night long.

msstate7
10-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Ole Miss won't have as much success on offense as us because they can't run the ball. A&M will be playing the pass all night long.

If they can make om strictly a passing team, aTm has a good shot IMO. aTm leads the sec in sacks and om's oline isn't very good

CadaverDawg
10-07-2014, 12:54 PM
OM will beat A&M. Why? Because OM will be able to run the ball bc A&M has a bad D, which will make their passing game much more effective. And OM has a defense this year. I think it will be a 42-27 type of win for the Bears

msstate7
10-07-2014, 12:58 PM
OM will beat A&M. Why? Because OM will be able to run the ball bc A&M has a bad D, which will make their passing game much more effective. And OM has a defense this year. I think it will be a 42-27 type of win for the Bears

That's the question to me. If om can run, they'll prob win. I do think aTm is gonna be able to run on om though which will make this a tough game for them

Rick Danko
10-07-2014, 12:58 PM

Im in agreement CD, I just think this game is a perfect matchup for OM. Their secondary is impressive and A&M can't stop the run, even if it is OM. This will take pressure off Bo.

msstate7
10-07-2014, 01:07 PM
I don't think om being able to run is a foregone conclusion. aTm has faced 2 of the best rushing teams in the sec the last 2 weeks. Om avgs 3.7 per carry rushing (12th in sec).

On another note, aTm avgs 5.94 per carry (3rd in sec) even after we shut them down.

I think aTm runs much more and more successfully this week

MSUDawg4Life
10-07-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm still not convinced om can run the ball effectively. Sure, they ran the ball a little against Vandy, ULaLa and Memphis. But, 71 yards against Boise State and 72 yards against Bama makes me hesitant to say they can definitely will be able to run the ball on anybody.

MSUDawg4Life
10-07-2014, 01:19 PM
I don't think om being able to run is a foregone conclusion. aTm has faced 2 of the best rushing teams in the sec the last 2 weeks. Om avgs 3.7 per carry rushing (12th in sec).

On another note, aTm avgs 5.94 per carry (3rd in sec) even after we shut them down.

I think aTm runs much more and more successfully this week

Agreed. The Bears are going to have to prove they can run the ball this week. If they can't run the ball, then I'm not sure they'll be able to rely on Bro. Ballace to pull another one out of his ass.

blacklistedbully
10-07-2014, 01:50 PM

You shouldn't play the "what if" game unless you're going to apply it to both sides. If you want to give TAMU receptions they dropped, then also give us the 18 points we left on the field, and take away the 14 points we gave up in garbage time. If you do that, then the final score might well have been more like 66-38 or worse.

Johnson85
10-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Agreed. The Bears are going to have to prove they can run the ball this week. If they can't run the ball, then I'm not sure they'll be able to rely on Bro. Ballace to pull another one out of his ass.

A&M was able to shut down USCe's running game. As weak as USCe is this year, they're still a stronger running team than UM. But Treadwell will probably make them pay more than USCe could as long as Bo can get him the ball. I think this is going to be a close game provided Wallace doesn't submarine UM early. UM has played A&M pretty closely at home the last two years, but this year will be at College Station and will also be coming at a time when UM could easily lose focus.

I have to go with A&M only because I find it hard to believe that the team that struggled so much with Boise and Memphis is really that good. I think they played a great game against a Bama team that is lacking an identity on offense. I don't think that translates to beating a good A&M team on the road.

DawgPoundtheRock
10-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Consider the source. If Sallee picked aTm to win, then I would say the bears are a 90% lock to come out on top whether they can run or not.*

TrapGame
10-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Another thing that I don't think has been mentioned (if it has, sorry) is the fact that this game is really OM's first true road game this year. Atlanta and Nashville do not count. They were just happy little road trips compared to this. That A&M crowd will be hyped. Sumlin will have that team ready to play. If by chance Bad Bo shows up on top of that it's really going to be a sad night to be a bear.

gravedigger
10-07-2014, 03:44 PM
I think this one has more to do with Sumlin getting his guys ready than anything OM will or will not do. Dude can coach and I don't think he gets beat in this scenario.
This is exactly why.

OurState
10-07-2014, 09:20 PM

I agree. I don't get the TSUN sucks narrative. I think they are extremely good. We are just much better.
People should be confident and our team and not afraid of The bear sharks winning. It doesn't pose a threat.