PDA

View Full Version : Just turned on the radio and heard State picked to be a playoff team

AlmostPositive
10-07-2014, 07:01 AM
One of the Mikes on Mike and Mike says MSU is the best team he's seen this year and is more likely than not to make the four-team playoff.

Unless I was still asleep and dreamed this. Which seems more plausible, but nope, it did happen.

TheRef
10-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Greeney is very high on MSU right now.

BrunswickDawg
10-07-2014, 07:34 AM
You heard it - I almost drove off the road.

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Who wouldve thought ole miss takes down #1 and WE get all the media love?

Bamboo
10-07-2014, 07:48 AM
The fact that Dak moved to the top of the Heisman chart yesterday is simply amazing. This is the best MSU team I have seen in my lifetime, for sure. JLD had some badass defenses that played hard and tough, but the thing I love most about this team, in contrast to the KJS teams is in the approach. You don't see our guys celebrating after every tackle, or getting personal fouls. Hell, in the LSU game our guys were pulling their players off the ground. Very disciplined team.

FlabLoser
10-07-2014, 08:07 AM

There is much butthurt among rebels over this. I've seen it all over twitter and facebook.

FlabLoser
10-07-2014, 08:08 AM
The fact that Dak moved to the top of the Heisman chart yesterday is simply amazing. This is the best MSU team I have seen in my lifetime, for sure. JLD had some badass defenses that played hard and tough, but the thing I love most about this team, in contrast to the KJS teams is in the approach. You don't see our guys celebrating after every tackle, or getting personal fouls. Hell, in the LSU game our guys were pulling their players off the ground. Very disciplined team.

This team is what those JLD/Sherrill teams would have looked like with an elite offense.

While I'm at it I need to extend thanks to Coach Jackie Sherrill. He put MSU football on the map and made everybody believe we could get to the level we are today.

LC Dawg
10-07-2014, 08:33 AM
This team is what those JLD/Sherrill teams would have looked like with an elite offense.

While I'm at it I need to extend thanks to Coach Jackie Sherrill. He put MSU football on the map and made everybody believe we could get to the level we are today.

Exactly. I saw Coach Sherrill at the book store before the USM game and I told him that we owed some of what we had now to him. He showed us it can be done.

LC Dawg
10-07-2014, 08:42 AM

As I was thinking about this team last night, since that's all I can think about, I thought about some of the Sherrill teams and some of our other good teams. It seems like when we have had good team in the past there was always a mentality that we needed a perfect game, or mistake free football, to have a chance against some of the big boys. Well, we just demolished two top 10 teams consecutively without playing mistake free football. We had a fumble returned for a touchdown against LSU and a muffed punt that could have been a big swing against A&M. Good teams sometimes can't overcome mistakes like that. Great teams can.

FlabLoser
10-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Outstanding point. This team has resilience.

I think that's where Dak's leadership comes in. His leadership is probably his best quality. It lifts everybody else up and inspires confidence. That's why Tebow is so big on Dak.

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2014, 09:05 AM
There is much butthurt among rebels over this. I've seen it all over twitter and facebook.

What is even more amusing is they are having to change their story. Back in July and August when Dak was first starting to get Heisman hype they laughed and said he was a bad QB on a bad team that had proven nothing. Now that he is listed as a front runner by almost everybody a lot of the bears still won't admit we have a good team but are saying we are a bad team with a very good QB. We're just lucky we have played cupcakes and SEC teams having a down year. I guess if we beat Auburn Saturday they are having a down year too. Amazing how so many teams can be so highly ranked while at the same time be having down years.

thunderclap
10-07-2014, 09:13 AM

You might want to add Donald Zacharias to that list. He made LT hire Jackie.

RougeDawg
10-07-2014, 09:27 AM

The reason we are getting all the love is we are demolishing top 10 teams with 500+ yards of offense and putting the games away by halftime.

In contrast, OM has has to take Memphis and Boise into the 4th quarter to finally pull away and took a few miracle plays and Bama going away from their brew and butter for them to win. Bama not RTGDF all day is why OM won, and they barely eeked it out.