PDA

View Full Version : Only negatives from the game....

HoopsDawg
10-06-2014, 08:01 PM
I did not like the 3rd down/4th down sequence on our opening drive of the 2nd half. Mullen needs to be thinking we have 2 downs to get 6 yards. Instead we throw incomplete on 3rd and 6. Then we try a 42 yard FG from the 25? Why not just go for it?

I would also like to see a little better clock management in the 4th quarter. We are up 48-17 and punting the ball with 18 seconds on the play clock. We are running plays with 20 seconds on the play clock.

Other than that, great job by the staff.

smootness
10-06-2014, 08:04 PM
In other words, not nearly enough to even mention...

Pinto
10-06-2014, 08:10 PM
With our offense it is more important to stay in rhythm than milk clock.

MarketingBully01
10-06-2014, 08:14 PM
I agree we should have been running more there as we were having a lot of success. But in the end, you really can't argue with the results. We laid down one hell of an ass kicking on A&M and that was awesome! :)

archdog
10-06-2014, 08:28 PM
We need to work on getting the players up to the line when only 15 seconds remain on the clock. That way they dont just stand their or get in their stance a long time prior to the snap.

HoopsDawg
10-06-2014, 08:41 PM
We need to work on getting the players up to the line when only 15 seconds remain on the clock. That way they dont just stand their or get in their stance a long time prior to the snap.

Yes, I agree.

thf24
10-06-2014, 09:10 PM
I would also like to see a little better clock management in the 4th quarter. We are up 48-17 and punting the ball with 18 seconds on the play clock. We are running plays with 20 seconds on the play clock.

I agree with this. I believe that if you're up by two touchdowns or more in the fourth quarter, you shouldn't ever snap the ball with more than 10 seconds on the play clock. Don't give an offense like TAMU's that doesn't need a lot of time to score more than you need to.

FlabLoser
10-06-2014, 09:13 PM
The videoboard ran commercials when Strick said they wouldn't.

By far the worst was a loud ad that ran seconds after ever MSU score. Right on top of our band playing the fight song.

Ads on that damn thing competed with our band all game long. Ticked me off.

2nd worse was the end of the game where the band is playing that "we just beat the hell out of you song" and the videoboard covered them up with "all I do is win". So the band had to quit playing mid song.

Whoever is running that board needs a damn clue. It's back to being as shitty as it was last year.

DanDority
10-06-2014, 09:27 PM
The videoboard ran commercials when Strick said they wouldn't.

By far the worst was a loud ad that ran seconds after ever MSU score. Right on top of our band playing the fight song.

Ads on that damn thing competed with our band all game long. Ticked me off.

2nd worse was the end of the game where the band is playing that "we just beat the hell out of you song" and the videoboard covered them up with "all I do is win". So the band had to quit playing mid song.

Whoever is running that board needs a damn clue. It's back to being as shitty as it was last year.

Now, this is just sad! Scotty better figure this thing out because if we continue to win, well, he is expendable.

drunkernhelldawg
10-07-2014, 12:31 AM
I disagree strongly about the FG attempt. To win a championship, we've got to find a way to get field goals. It's like a running game. You can't just abandon it because it's not working. You either make it work or risk it costing you a game. War Machine Dawg said in his feature that Sobiesk will get it worked out. I have to agree with that.