PDA

View Full Version : WOW, John Gruden just called KJ Wright, "Possibly the best LB in all of football"

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2014, 07:47 PM
I think McKinney may have just made a little money on that comment.

Hear that Leo Lewis? MSU is LB U

DistrictDawg92
10-06-2014, 07:47 PM
John Gruden just said he may be the best overall linebacker in the league. Man we have some good LBers in the league.

TheRef
10-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Is that good? I think that's good.......yeah it's good.

Dawg61
just got some serious love from Gruden. Called him the best coverage LB in the NFL and overall might be the best LB in the NFL. Wow.

DistrictDawg92
Damn you beat me too it by 15 seconds. Some good pub for us for sure though

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Of the LBs currently on our team that we have seen play, I'd be willing to bet that McKinney, Wells, Brown, and Brown will all play in the NFL

DistrictDawg92
10-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Of the LBs currently on our team that we have seen play, I'd be willing to bet that McKinney, Wells, Brown, and Brown will all play in the NFL

Beni Brown is making a strong case for eventually being a top 3-4 round pick. His play recognition is at the elite level. Also something to note, Wells, Brown and McKinney were all offense first in high school. Seems like Mullen really likes to take those big athlete types and turn them into NFL linebackers. I want to say Dez Harris was also offense first in high school.

smootness
10-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Beni Brown is making a strong case for eventually being a top 3-4 round pick. His play recognition is at the elite level. Also something to note, Wells, Brown and McKinney were all offense first in high school. Seems like Mullen really likes to take those big athlete types and turn them into NFL linebackers. I want to say Dez Harris was also offense first in high school.

Yep, McKinney and Harris were QBs, Wells and Brown RBs. He just likes to get guys like that, period. Myles, QB. Cox, QB. Lewis, QB.

DistrictDawg92
10-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Yep, McKinney and Harris were QBs, Wells and Brown RBs. He just likes to get guys like that, period. Myles, QB. Cox, QB. Lewis, QB.

I think you can contribute this to the small sizes of Mississippi high schools. You are going to put your best athletes at QB or RB at a small school so you can juice all the points you can from their athleticism. In turn, these players are playing out of position which skews their ratings from the scouting sites. This is where Mullen thrives and why we have the #3 team in the nation. Mullen recognizes that these players are out of position. It's called SCOUTING. Yeah Scout.com may have thought that BMac was a 2 star QB, but Mullen thought he was a 5 star MLB.

smootness
10-06-2014, 08:15 PM
I think you can contribute this to the small sizes of Mississippi high schools. You are going to put your best athletes at QB or RB at a small school so you can juice all the points you can from their athleticism. In turn, these players are playing out of position which skews their ratings from the scouting sites. This is where Mullen thrives and why we have the #3 team in the nation. Mullen recognizes that these players are out of position. It's called SCOUTING. Yeah Scout.com may have thought that BMac was a 2 star QB, but Mullen thought he was a 5 star MLB.

Yep, it's hilarious when I see us referred to as a team of '2- and 3-star misfits'. It's true in one sense, but in no way does it mean we're a team devoid of talent just making it on force of will. McKinney is as purely talented as any LB in the country, he just played QB in Tunica, MS. Dak Prescott has tons of talent, a lot of coaches are just stupid.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Somebody tweet that at Leo if you haven't already