PDA

View Full Version : Here's a link to the K-State vs Auburn game plus a couple thoughts

DancingRabbit
10-06-2014, 07:07 PM
I've seen a couple mentions of concern with AU's ground attack, but to me guarding against big pass plays should be our focus again this week. That and facing a much better defense.

I really don't think we should worry a lot about their running game killing us. We gave up 120 rushing to them last year at their place. K-State only gave up 128 to them this year.

Malzahn is a very good play caller, but part of what made him (and Freeze) look so awesome last year was running plays before even the officials and chain gang were ready. They would get away illegal motion all the time. It was like the officials were timid about keeping control of the game. Saban didn't get his 10 second rule (which was stupid), but he did get the officials attention enough that they have retaken control. Our defense can get in position as fast as the officials can. Plus we're deep.

Outside of the frantic-paced HUNH strategy, Malzahn is still a very good schematic tactician and situational play-caller but we will be well prepared.

And, Dan's play calling the last two games has been excellent. He (and maybe Brian Johnson too) have done a great job teaching Dak how to read the defenses pre-snap and during the play to make the best decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzUQbmuW9lU