PDA

View Full Version : 57, Coach,etc, Will Ben Beckwith play in the NFL?

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2014, 06:31 PM
I feel like this question would have been laughed at 3 weeks ago, but, after two Lineman of the Week awards at 2 different positions, it would seem like he would be an interesting prospect due to his versatility.

With only a 53 man roster in the NFL, I would think versatility would be of great value.

What say you?

Coach34
10-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Beckwith is a guy that considered not playing this year and moving on last winter. He already had his degree. We are very fortunate he came back.

I think his shot at the NFL may be at Center. He, Clausell, and Day are all guys that will be invited to camps and given a shot. Much like Skinner as starter for the Pats- I think at least one of them surprise and make a roster

Coach 57
10-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Yes. I think one of his greatest weapons is he has an awesome punch & is pretty explosive in his lateral movements. His feet need a little work but with the punch he has it offsets his feet. He will need to work on his feet more in order to make an NFL roster. But he's made HUGE strides since last year. Who would've thought 3 yrs ago the best OLmen on this team (to date) would be him? I'm not taking shots at him at all, I think his successful year is a testament to his will, his mental fortitude and his willingness to just plain old get better! Yes, I think for a guy that was a walk on as a freshman is & will be playing on Sunday. Coaches love kids like this btw. Just good ole gumption & toughness!

Bo Darville
10-06-2014, 09:56 PM
I love Beckwith and we are fortunate to have him. I don't think he makes an NFL roster though. Hope I'm wrong.