PDA

View Full Version : If you are happy for Ole Miss University, I question your fandom for State.

cheewgumm
10-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Listening to finbaum talk about that...

I honestly am at a total loss for people saying they are happy for the state of MS...and that it's just great everyone is winning,etc...

I don't feel that way at all. I hated seeing Ole miss U win and I look forward to their next defeat. That they are at 3 also is the only thing that ruins this for me, and yes I AM BITTER!!! about it. Actually not to obitter, but I can't wait for them to lose.

GreenheadDawg
10-06-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry but **** the "state of MS loyalty". I will never, NEVER root for OM

SignalToNoise
10-06-2014, 03:52 PM
I was not happy at all for the bears, but at the end of the day, I'm still high as a MFer that we won. Who cares what those assholes did? We beat A&M and that's all that mattered to me at the end of the day. A bear loss would have just been gravy.

BeastMan
10-06-2014, 04:00 PM
There is one distinction that needs to be made. I'll root against ole miss every time out and some of my dear friends who are OM fans do the same. That's fine. What I can do is appreciate the feeling some of my OM friends have and be happy for them. I know how I felt when we beat LSU and have to believe they feel the same. I texted multiple OM friends congratulations after their game and it was an honest congrats, but they know full well I was rooting for Bama. Although I don't root for OM, I don't think there is anything wrong with healthy, rational respect.

cheewgumm
10-06-2014, 04:04 PM
I think "respect" is different from "happy for".

LiterallyPolice
10-06-2014, 04:08 PM
I definitely would have preferred they lost, but that doesn't mean there isn't a Silver Lining:

1.) I truly believe their win INCREASES our chances of winning the west. In other words, I like our chances @UM better than @Bama
2.) The whole "Historic Day in Mississippi" helps the recruiting/national perception of both teams. While I don't like halving the spotlight with UM, we also have to compete with the other SEC programs. So I'll take it.

Again, UM beating Bama wasn't my preference. But it isn't all bad either, from a completely selfish MSU perspective.

Okrastar1
10-06-2014, 04:15 PM
I had a customer come in to the dealership Saturday and say "big day for you guys in mississippi today" (we were all wearing our MSU shirts, and he was from TN) I said yessir pumped about my bulldogs today! He said "well I know you are going for ole miss too right? They are a MS team!"
That's when shit hit the fan...
I said verbatim "sir if Ole Miss was playing the Taliban I would be wearing a rag on my head, shouting for allah!" He had this shocked look on his face and left...

And that's how I feel about this bear/shark/reb bullshit of feeling good because they are from Our State...

DancingRabbit
10-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Listening to finbaum talk about that...

I honestly am at a total loss for people saying they are happy for the state of MS...and that it's just great everyone is winning,etc...

I don't feel that way at all. I hated seeing Ole miss U win and I look forward to their next defeat. That they are at 3 also is the only thing that ruins this for me, and yes I AM BITTER!!! about it. Actually not to obitter, but I can't wait for them to lose.

I told a few friends who are OK reb fans that all this was great for the state, etc.

But I was lying, just trying to be nice.

LiterallyPolice
10-06-2014, 04:21 PM
I had a customer come in to the dealership Saturday and say "big day for you guys in mississippi today" (we were all wearing our MSU shirts, and he was from TN) I said yessir pumped about my bulldogs today! He said "well I know you are going for ole miss too right? They are a MS team!"
That's when shit hit the fan...
I said verbatim "sir if Ole Miss was playing the Taliban I would be wearing a rag on my head, shouting for allah!" He had this shocked look on his face and left...

And that's how I feel about this bear/shark/reb bullshit of feeling good because they are from Our State...

I was pumping gas yesterday at some random exit on I-40 outside of Greensboro, NC and was wearing a MSU Tshirt. Some random old guy pumping gas next to me said, "Did you go to Mississippi State? Y'all got a good football team this year."

Completely foreign experience for me.

drunkernhelldawg
10-06-2014, 04:23 PM
What is this? Jihadi Fandom? My fandom for Mississippi State is not about you. It's a shame Ole Miss won, but if I want to enjoy some part of that, I will do it. You can stick that loyalty oath where the sun don't shine.

Ralph
10-06-2014, 04:29 PM
My wife went to OM. I swear I could've won an Oscar for my performance of hiding my extreme anger while watching multiple, multiple over exaggerated fist pumps in the 4th Q. :cool:

Park duck
10-06-2014, 04:40 PM
I want ole pisses chest teams fingers to break. F everything ole piss f them hard

coastdoglover
10-06-2014, 04:44 PM
My wife went to OM. I swear I could've won an Oscar for my performance of hiding my extreme anger while watching multiple, multiple over exaggerated fist pumps in the 4th Q. :cool:

No way any true MSU fan can root for the Rebel Bears. They have consistently tried to sabotage MSU every time MSU has found success. It goes all the way back to when Bob Tyler became a threat to them and they made sure their buddies in the NCAA put us on probation while they continued to cheat like hell. No different than with Sherrill and the PI's. They despise us and will do everything in their power to destroy us. If people don't understand that then they are naive. It is us or them in this state, and they don't want it to be us.

cheewgumm
10-06-2014, 05:16 PM
"Jihadi fandom"...bravo.

Okrastar1
10-06-2014, 05:25 PM
"Jihadi fandom"...bravo.

Versus cheering for Freeze and his disciples? YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT!!!

ScottH
10-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Other than a specific win on a specific day directly sending us to Atlanta, I can not under any circumstance conjure a scenario in which I would root for those assholes.

The hate I possess for them is unquantifiable.

drunkernhelldawg
10-06-2014, 05:34 PM
I would never actually cheer for them, but I am not a passionate hater. I actually just don't care. However, I'm not sure that it's all bad for us that they won Saturday. Mississippi surpassed Alabama as the epicenter of college football. Never thought I'd see that.

turkish
10-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Ole Miss and what they represent do more harm to the state of MS than an 1000 football wins can correct.

Dawgcentral
10-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I gave a crap enough to listen to the second half on the way home from Starkville Saturday. Listening to Kellum was nauseating. But I can't help how I feel. Wanted Bama to win it. Sure it might help us in the end,..but the way I see it, it's up to us to win the West.

I know our players and staff only have a casual interest at this point in time, so I'm taking the same stance. Beat Auburn, then win the next game,...then the next. We'll deal with the enemy as the time comes. I live amongst them like many of you, and I'll make myself be polite. But I hope they go down in flames at aTm. We've done our part to set the mood over there for that game.

Political Hack
10-06-2014, 06:05 PM
I congratulate the other team when I lose to them. doesn't mean I didn't want to win. just the right thing to do. I congratulated OM and one of my OM friends after they won. Doesn't mean I liked it.

preachermatt83
10-06-2014, 07:42 PM
I cannot pull for OM. It has nothing to do with what I choose to do... I simply can't do it. There is nothing about me that would allow it.

GrassOfDWS
10-06-2014, 08:54 PM
I wanted Ole Miss to lose.

That being said, I appreciated the impact that both teams winning had for our state. I also love what it is going to do for the Egg Bowl if both teams can keep it up. I may hate Ole Miss, but I love our rivalry with Ole Miss. Both teams winning is going to make the rivalry that much better.

So yes, I wanted Ole Miss to lose, but since they didn't, I'm going to appreciate the impact that it had.

Coach34
10-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Ole Missus reported us to the NCAA when they could no longer stand Jackie Sherrill beating their ass and rubbing their nose in it. That led to probation and us hiring Crooms. Ole Missus did that to us. Not to mention other shit in the past before that.

****'em with red hot poker....I'd root for Ebola over Ole Missus