PDA

View Full Version : Something I saw Saturday

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
That I've never seen. At least half our tailgate cheered when Ole Miss won. Maybe it was the media constantly talking down about our schools or the 24-7 suck job that bama and auburn get but I was surprised.

There was some state pride working Saturday. A day we will never see again from our two schools.

defiantdog
10-06-2014, 02:34 PM
That I've never seen. At least half our tailgate cheered when Ole Miss won. Maybe it was the media constantly talking down about our schools or the 24-7 suck job that bama and auburn get but I was surprised.

There was some state pride working Saturday. A day we will never see again from our two schools.

There's always this Saturday

FlabLoser
10-06-2014, 02:34 PM
I was rooting for Bama all the way. But after it was over and I had time to reflect, I'm pretty happy that both schools won. Instead of hearing about a traditional Auburn/Bama or Florida/FSU type domination of the SEC, it is really good for the state of MS to be the epicenter of the nation's strongest conference.

godlluB
10-06-2014, 02:36 PM
IF that was my tailgate, they would not have been invited back.

Goat Holder
10-06-2014, 02:40 PM
The ONLY reason I can halfway stomach it is because of the Alabama arrogance. I care NOTHING about any state pride that Ole Miss brings to the table.

DudyDawg
10-06-2014, 02:44 PM
I don't care about the state pride. But, looking back, it's better for us due to the likelihood of OM losing more SEC games than Bama and the higher likelihood of us beating OM on the road than Bama

Dawgtini
10-06-2014, 02:50 PM
This. I was rooting for Bama, but the way the Bears pulled it out like that at the end, I was pretty good with it. I think I now like that they believe they've "arrived" and it was awesome to see all of the positive media for both teams on every channel. I am sure it will continue all week.

gtowndawg
10-06-2014, 02:52 PM
While I wanted Bama to win, I really think Ole Miss beating them will help us somehow. I just think we might look back and realize that was the best thing that could have happened. It's just one of those years. Tie break, something. But it will help us.

quickstrike2
10-06-2014, 03:13 PM
I was rooting for Bama all the way. But after it was over and I had time to reflect, I'm pretty happy that both schools won. Instead of hearing about a traditional Auburn/Bama or Florida/FSU type domination of the SEC, it is really good for the state of MS to be the epicenter of the nation's strongest conference.

This. I pulled hard for Bama the entire way. Even after the game, I still wanted Bama to win, but then it kind of sunk it what it meant for the whole state. I was particularly happy that for once I seen total Mississippi/Mississippi State domination on my facebook, twitter, etc. I get tired of seeing the sidewalk Mississippi people constantly pumping up Roll Tides and Tiger Baits here in the Hattiesburg area. These folks have no ties, at the most been to one game, might have a 3rd cousin who lives in Alabama or Louisiana, but damn it they are die hards, just ask em. Saturday was different, those bandwagoners couldn't feel pride for the state they live in and we could.

I'm glad it happend, however, Go to Hell Ole Miss!

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I hate Ole Miss as much as anybody, and is was pulling hard for Bama.....BUT, I will admit that OM winning didn't bother me nearly as bad as it normally would have. It didn't make me happy, but it's kind of cool that we both contributed in something big.

Now that the history has been made, hopefully A&M beats OM 70-0

Gen. Grant
10-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Nope, not me. We simply compete for the same thing: recruits. There is no way in hell that Im supporting the Confederates in any way shape or form. They do not accurately represent my state, so there is no way that I will get behind anything they do. So like I said, we compete for the same thing and any success on their part takes away from our gains.

DancingRabbit
10-06-2014, 03:33 PM
I was rooting against OM (not FOR Bama) because of recruiting and OM internet assholes, but I did start waffling a little after seeing the facemask non-call. Still did not pull for OM during the game.

After the AP poll came out I thought "well the rest of the country will know we're not the same school."

Then after reading a few comments here and there (mostly SEC haters) about the new AP poll and realized how crazy it was making them - then I fully embraced it.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2014, 03:47 PM
What's good for them is bad for us and vice versa when it comes to sports.

Tbonewannabe
10-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Nope, not me. We simply compete for the same thing: recruits. There is no way in hell that Im supporting the Confederates in any way shape or form. They do not accurately represent my state, so there is no way that I will get behind anything they do. So like I said, we compete for the same thing and any success on their part takes away from our gains.

Makes sense you wouldn't pull for Ole Miss. You did help end that slavery thing that they hold so dear.

preachermatt83
10-06-2014, 07:29 PM
IF that was my tailgate, they would not have been invited back.

yes yes yes!! Post of the year!

Smitty
10-06-2014, 07:32 PM
3 of ~30 at our tailgate were pulling for the Bears. Bell Island cheered hard when Bama did good, groans with Bear positives.

Dawgbite
10-06-2014, 07:47 PM
I was hoping for a nine overtime tie! No winners, just two losers!