PDA

View Full Version : ED Recommendations/Starkville eatery

Tough Dawg
10-06-2014, 01:48 PM
ED:

Me and a group are coming in town for the game this weekend. First game for most of us this year. We are looking for a good place to dine/drink Friday night and wanted the expert recommendations from you guys. We've done the Veranda and Rest Tyler many times. Wanted to see if there was something new/cool to try.

Thanks

TheRef
10-06-2014, 01:51 PM
ED:

Me and a group are coming in town for the game this weekend. First game for most of us this year. We are looking for a good place to dine/drink Friday night and wanted the expert recommendations from you guys. We've done the Veranda and Rest Tyler many times. Wanted to see if there was something new/cool to try.

Thanks

You have the Grill, Old Venice, I personally like Dave's (but then again, I'm a college student).

Hope this helps.

fccee1
10-06-2014, 01:52 PM
I like Anthony's in West Point. Worth the drive to me.

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2014, 02:03 PM
It may be crowded but Oby's is pretty good too.

Goat Holder
10-06-2014, 02:11 PM
I like Anthony's in West Point. Worth the drive to me.

Agree. I don't mind giving my money to West Point and Columbus vendors, it's all MS and MSU related. You got J. Broussard's there in Columbus, and I hear good things about a place called Proffit's Porch or something?

Just don't go to the Waffle House in West Point late at night without a gun.

notsofarawaydawg
10-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Has anyone ever eaten/drink at Commodore Bob's Yacht Club ??

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Ive heard good things about the new speakeasy under restaurant tyler

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Agree. I don't mind giving my money to West Point and Columbus vendors, it's all MS and MSU related. You got J. Broussard's there in Columbus, and I hear good things about a place called Proffit's Porch or something?

Just don't go to the Waffle House in West Point late at night without a gun.

Proffitts Porch is good if you can find it. When you think you can't get any further out in the boonies you're almost there.

Tough Dawg
10-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Reservation required here? Or do they take reservations?

BulldogBacker
10-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Still the best steak in the area is The Golden Horn on the north side access road at the Airport Exit. It is also the most reasonable.

BulldogBear
10-06-2014, 02:29 PM
On this same note, I'm coming in way early so my son can be there for gameday. I'll be finding a tree to sack out under and unt breakfast later. Isn't there some kind of place downtown that specializes in breakfast?

FlabLoser
10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Dawg House Sports Grill is pretty good and moderately priced. Really good for the price. Has TVs everywhere.

Has anybody tried that Beer Garden thing that Gordon Ramsey made?

stalkingpoon
10-06-2014, 02:32 PM
My favorite is City Bagel. They have an Italian menu on Friday nights and you can bring your own bottle. It's usually pretty laid back and easy going, and the food is great!

HereComesTheSpiral
10-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Huck's Place in Columbus is pretty good.

Goat Holder
10-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Still the best steak in the area is The Golden Horn on the north side access road at the Airport Exit. It is also the most reasonable.

Always been curious about that place. Never seen any cars there.

BulldogBacker
10-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Always been curious about that place. Never seen any cars there.

I think they have fallen victim to multiple good restaurants opening in both Columbus and Starkville, and someone would have to drive 10 miles from Columbus and 15 miles from Starkville to get there. The upside is that there is virtually no waiting except on game weekends. Over the years, the decor has become dated, but it easily still has the best steaks in the area.

DudyDawg
10-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Had the new two brothers (where old jeans cafe was) last weekend. Four duck sliders and 4-5 blue moons for only 20ish. Was really good. The bin is always a great choice for a sunny evening

BulldogBear
10-07-2014, 07:01 AM
On this same note, I'm coming in way early so my son can be there for gameday. I'll be finding a tree to sack out under and unt breakfast later. Isn't there some kind of place downtown that specializes in breakfast?

bump

TheRef
10-07-2014, 07:14 AM
bump

Yes. Starkville Cafe specializes in breakfast. Also, like I said in an earlier thread, there is a new Mennonite bakery in town beside George Sherman. You will NOT regret going to that bakery.

BulldogBear
10-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Yes. Starkville Cafe specializes in breakfast. Also, like I said in an earlier thread, there is a new Mennonite bakery in town beside George Sherman. You will NOT regret going to that bakery.

Thanks Ref!

BeastMan
10-07-2014, 07:40 AM
bump

City Bagel is the breakfast spot. Fresh baked bagels and other treats plus good organic coffee that is overnighted from Colorado. My personal favorite is a sausage, egg, and pepper jack cheese bagel sandwich on jalape?o cheddar bagel. Piece of coffee cake and a side of fruit w/$2 unlimited coffee. Onion bagel w/veggie cream cheese gets honorable mention.