PDA

View Full Version : Elston gets 1/2 game suspension

msstate7
10-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Freeze gave it. I thought this was smart move bc elston most likely gets full game if sec handled it.

How much does this affect their secondary against aTm?

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Unbelievable. Just because Freeze gives one doesn't mean the SEC shouldn't. Should Mullen have just given Day a 1/2 quarter suspension to avoid a suspension by the SEC? What a joke

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2014, 01:06 PM
That half may be enough for the aggies to build a comfortable lead and never look back.

Percho
10-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Makes the Rev. look good, anyway.

Political Hack
10-06-2014, 01:17 PM
kick a guy who has a broken leg = 1/2 game

step on a guy while falling down = 1 game

got it.

TrapGame
10-06-2014, 01:24 PM
kick a guy who has a broken leg = 1/2 game

step on a guy while falling down = 1 game

got it.

Sure, makes perfect sense.*

Leroy Jenkins
10-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Turn up the heat on the league office via social media and email. See if we can get a result, otherwise not worth complaining about.

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Freeze was smart here, don't blame him.

It seems as though the precedent is: 1st offense - Suspended for a half, 2nd offense - suspended for a game

Ole Miss losing a safety for a half against A&M could be huge

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Freeze was smart here, don't blame him.

It seems as though the precedent is: 1st offense - Suspended for a half, 2nd offense - suspended for a game

Ole Miss losing a safety for a half against A&M could be huge

Elston was suspended last year for targeting, so he is on offense #2

yjnkdawg
10-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Freeze must know that some type of suspension is coming from the SEC Office. I highly doubt he would do that on speculation only. By the school taking the first step, it may would make the SEC Office favor being more lenient on a suspension. If we hear no more on this from the SEC Office, then apparently they weren't going to do anything. It also gives Freeze the appearance (once you clear the smoke) of being the Good Guy.

msstate7
10-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Freeze must know that some type of suspension is coming from the SEC Office. I highly doubt he would do that on speculation only. By the school taking the first step, it may would make the SEC Office favor being more lenient on a suspension. If we hear no more on this from the SEC Office, then apparently they weren't going to do anything. It also gives Freeze the appearance (once you clear the smoke) of being the Good Guy.

It also admits guilt. If we suspended day, we're saying that day was lying in his letter of explanation

deltadawg99
10-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Elston was also suspended in 2012 for a "flagrant and dangerous hit." So like Day, he has a prior suspension record.

If Freeze wants to suspend him for a half, than the league office should should suspend him for the other half. But it won't happen

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2014, 02:07 PM
The ESPN article said Elston's leg "swiped" Drake. No, it did not swipe Drake. He kicked him on purpose. It almost made it sound like it was an accident.

blacklistedbully
10-06-2014, 02:12 PM
The ESPN article said Elston's leg "swiped" Drake. No, it did not swipe Drake. He kicked him on purpose. It almost made it sound like it was an accident.

As much as I despise those arrogant pricks, it seemed clear to me Elston wasn't trying to kick the player, he was trying to kick the ball loose. Still a dirty play and worthy of some discipline, but let's not go overboard with our, "Off with his head"s. I just don't believe he was trying to hurt the guy.

Homedawg
10-06-2014, 02:19 PM
He was trying to kick the ball loose??? What in the hell?

defiantdog
10-06-2014, 02:26 PM
As much as I despise those arrogant pricks, it seemed clear to me Elston wasn't trying to kick the player, he was trying to kick the ball loose. Still a dirty play and worthy of some discipline, but let's not go overboard with our, "Off with his head"s. I just don't believe he was trying to hurt the guy.

Yeah, he was going for the ball. Really?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzMhFd6IYAA4jA1.jpg:large

ghostofjackie
10-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Turn up the heat on the league office via social media and email. See if we can get a result, otherwise not worth complaining about.

I knew our little "it's great for Mississippi that we both won" love-fest wouldn't last long.

Dawgystyle
10-06-2014, 02:41 PM
I too want to see that POS banned for a whole game, but you can't take a still frame and go off that. The video showed the ball rolling on the ground from where Elston kicked it also. At least he got banned for some period of time. Knowing the deal Freezus made with the devil, the SEC probably wouldn't have done anything.

defiantdog
10-06-2014, 02:43 PM
I too want to see that POS banned for a whole game, but you can't take a still frame and go off that. The video showed the ball rolling on the ground from where Elston kicked it also. At least he got banned for some period of time. Knowing the deal Freezus made with the devil, the SEC probably wouldn't have done anything.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/27A0C37BA41130283248530944000_SW_WEBM_141245472518 5b2f6a56e47.mp4?versionId=7zVNm_9Sz.J0rVyN18N0CddP r2HQl9Bp

blacklistedbully
10-06-2014, 03:13 PM
He was trying to kick the ball loose??? What in the hell?

Yes, absolutely! I have seen the video from multiple angles, and from one angle, in particular, it is OBVIOUS he was trying to kick the ball. Nobody here despises the Bears more than I do, but making false, or uninformed claims against them makes you lose credibility.

I can see why, if you're limited in the angle/view of the play, you'd think Elston was just kicking the player. But I recorded the game, and watched the replays from various angles and in slo-mo, and in one of the angles it became unquestionably clear he was going for the ball. Still deserved discipline for the horseshit way he tried to do it by kicking, but it's not an intentional attempt to harm or injure the player.

DudyDawg
10-06-2014, 03:28 PM
I don't know or care if he meant to kick him, but isn't it illegal to kick a ball loose anyway?

Homedawg
10-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Yes, absolutely! I have seen the video from multiple angles, and from one angle, in particular, it is OBVIOUS he was trying to kick the ball. Nobody here despises the Bears more than I do, but making false, or uninformed claims against them makes you lose credibility.

I can see why, if you're limited in the angle/view of the play, you'd think Elston was just kicking the player. But I recorded the game, and watched the replays from various angles and in slo-mo, and in one of the angles it became unquestionably clear he was going for the ball. Still deserved discipline for the horseshit way he tried to do it by kicking, but it's not an intentional attempt to harm or injure the player.
Color me with lost credibility then and add naive as hell to your resume.

blacklistedbully
10-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Color me with lost credibility then and add naive as hell to your resume.

Well, you're half-right, you lose credibility. Search youtube for "Kenyon Drake injury" and check the slow-mo from the back side. You can see drake bobble the ball as he goes down, and Elston reacts by trying to dislodge the ball with his foot. Elston ends up kicking Drakes arm a little, then rakes down on the ball. Seems pretty obvious to me the motivation was to see if he could jar the ball looses. AGAIN, dirty way to do it, but makes it unlikely the intent was to hurt the player.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-06-2014, 06:34 PM
You can see drake bobble the ball as he goes down, and Elston reacts by trying to dislodge the ball with his foot.

Thats a plausible argument...if we are talking about soccer.

I seen it dawg
10-06-2014, 09:12 PM

Nobody in a ****ing football game should kick the ball unless you are a punter or a kicker. It's ****ing stupid to even begin to rationalize this that he was trying to get the ball loose by kicking it. Either he was trying to kick the player therefore should be suspended a full game or...he was trying to kick the ball and therefore should be suspended for being the ****ing idiot that he is. Wtf? Trying to kick the ball loose? Some of the dumbest shit I've heard. Jesus.

Homedawg
10-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Nobody in a ****ing football game should kick the ball unless you are a punter or a kicker. It's ****ing stupid to even begin to rationalize this that he was trying to get the ball loose by kicking it. Either he was trying to kick the player therefore should be suspended a full game or...he was trying to kick the ball and therefore should be suspended for being the ****ing idiot that he is. Wtf? Trying to kick the ball loose? Some of the dumbest shit I've heard. Jesus.

Sorry to inform you but you have now lost credibility, he was kicking the ball you fool***

Coach34
10-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Trying to kick the ball loose? Some of the dumbest shit I've heard. Jesus.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/27A0C37BA41130283248530944000_SW_WEBM_141245472518 5b2f6a56e47.mp4?versionId=7zVNm_9Sz.J0rVyN18N0CddP r2HQl9Bp

This shows it plainly. If you defend his action- you a simply a dumb mf'er

I seen it dawg
10-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Write me up

mic
10-06-2014, 09:36 PM

This shows it plainly. If you defend his action- you a simply a dumb mf'er

Or a Bear...

Todd4State
10-06-2014, 09:54 PM

Or you are Robert Bean.

JDog13
10-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Elston was also suspended in 2012 for a "flagrant and dangerous hit." So like Day, he has a prior suspension record.

If Freeze wants to suspend him for a half, than the league office should should suspend him for the other half. But it won't happen

Also in 2012, his infamous leg twist on Marlon Brown. Tore his acl and ended his senior season. 1:33:30 mark. Elston tackles him and keeps twisting till it pops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z3_Et_AIvo&feature=youtu.be

DancingRabbit
10-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Poor guy is screaming bloody murder with his foot pointing the wrong way and Elston is kicking him. I don't know if he's kicking at his head, the ball or what - but that is a really bad look.

Saw where some writer said you could hear him screaming up in the press box. But rebs say Trae had no idea he was hurt.