PDA

View Full Version : Film Study: JRob's 49 yard run

The Croom Diaries
10-06-2014, 12:47 PM
How about something a little different - this play was a great example of WR blocking and JRob making a play. Huge run in that 1st quarter.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/10/06/film-study-josh-robinsons-49-yard-run/

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 12:54 PM
I love seeing plays broken down like this, thanks CroomDiaries. I don't think we all realize just how bad ass our WR's are at blocking...and to see how great they catch and run routes now, is such a change from MSU of old. DeRunnya had two plays where he blocked two guys Saturday, and he is constantly leveling guys in the secondary, like on the Heisman run for Dak against LSU.

Awesome stuff...and hats off to the coaches and WR's

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Excellent job, CroomDiaries! One minor correction: J-Beast scored the first TD, not Dak. Dak got 2 on 1st & Goal, then we quick snapped and Josh plunged forward into the land of milk and honey for the tie.

TXDawg
10-06-2014, 01:15 PM
I think the best WR block of the day was thrown by Bear on on Holloway's run later in the game. Similar play call, but Bear ended up taking out a CB and a LB on the play. It was a thing of beauty and his second play-changing block in as many games.

I'm really impressed with Bear's downfield blocking in the run game. You can also tell he takes pride in it.

The Croom Diaries
10-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Excellent job, CroomDiaries! One minor correction: J-Beast scored the first TD, not Dak. Dak got 2 on 1st & Goal, then we quick snapped and Josh plunged forward into the land of milk and honey for the tie.

You're right, I took the screen shots on Sunday and then looked at the ESPN play-by-play today and just glossed over the last play of the drive which was JRob's TD run. Doing too many things at once I suppose - these last few days have been nuts!

headcoach98
10-06-2014, 02:55 PM
When I watched the replay of this play over and over I couldn't take my eyes off the cutback, thing of beauty.

drunkernhelldawg
10-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Excellent work. Damned interesting.