PDA

View Full Version : I thought Katy Perry as guest picker was a little ridiculous.

MadDawg
10-06-2014, 11:51 AM
But my Bulldog co-worker thinks she might have been the best guest picker to ever appear on GameDay. What do you think?

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Whether it was luck or not, she got almost all her picks correct. She only missed on TCU-OK, I think. Not that I got to see it.

Johnson85
10-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Didn't see all of it but she was probably pretty well received by most people. I find her annoying and she definitely had a shtick for her appearance, but she was entertaining and the casual fan probably loved her. And Gameday is definitely more about entertainment and the casual fan than football now, so all in all she was probably one of their better pickers.

Obviously somebody like Morgan Freeman would be a much bigger get, but I'm not sure if he would be as entertaining. He might be too laid back for the way their show has evolved.

drunkernhelldawg
10-06-2014, 12:26 PM
I don't think it was meant to be serious. My first thought for our guest picker is Jerry Rice. Sure, he didn't come to State, but he is a Starkvillian, and I wouldn't mind our recruits seeing him in that role. I mean, who doesn't want to be the greatest receiver in NFL history?

Intramural All-American
10-06-2014, 12:28 PM
No, Morgan Freeman will not be bigger. Right now, there is no one bigger than Katy Perry. She has literally the most Twitter followers in the world.

However, I personally would much rather have someone who atually has something to do with our university to be our guest picker. Someone who actually knows about our school and sports. Ole Miss used a publicity stunt, and it worked. I can't fault them for that. I just would be very disappointed if we did the same kind of thing. It's pretty gimmicky to me, just like their offense, so it fits.

godlluB
10-06-2014, 12:29 PM
I think it was a bigger deal that Jerry Rice was hanging out in Starkville last weekend. He was here because he wanted to be here, and was in town on his own dime, not because someone had hired him to be up on a stage.

msstate7
10-06-2014, 12:30 PM
No, Morgan Freeman will not be bigger. Right now, there is no one bigger than Katy Perry. She has literally the most Twitter followers in the world.

However, I personally would much rather have someone who atually has something to do with our university to be our guest picker. Someone who actually knows about our school and sports. Ole Miss used a publicity stunt, and it worked. I can't fault them for that. I just would be very disappointed if we did the same kind of thing. It's pretty gimmicky to me, just like their offense, so it fits.

Katy perry has over 57 million followers.

Pres. obama has over 46 million.

I can't stand perry, but she's huge

fishwater99
10-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Do we even have a choice??

I would think that it was totally up to ESPN to decide..

Bo Darville
10-06-2014, 01:00 PM
I didn't know who she was until I googled her. I had heard of her, but didn't know if she was a singer, actress, or what. I guess 43-year-old married guys aren't her demographic. I had heard she was hot, but she looked like a dog on TV. Bad outfit and weird hair. I googled some pictures where she look tons better. She also seemed to be on dope or something. The whole thing was just weird.

Intramural All-American
10-06-2014, 01:08 PM
I think it was a bigger deal that Jerry Rice was hanging out in Starkville last weekend. He was here because he wanted to be here, and was in town on his own dime, not because someone had hired him to be up on a stage.

Jerry rice would be a phenomenal pull. Best option in my mind.

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2014, 01:10 PM

To be fair, Perry was in town because she was playing a show in Memphis last night.

Johnson85
10-06-2014, 01:12 PM
I didn't know who she was until I googled her. I had heard of her, but didn't know if she was a singer, actress, or what. I guess 43-year-old married guys aren't her demographic. I had heard she was hot, but she looked like a dog on TV. Bad outfit and weird hair. I googled some pictures where she look tons better. She also seemed to be on dope or something. The whole thing was just weird.

I don't get people thinking Katy Perry is hot. She's certainly not bad looking but she wouldn't turn heads on most college campuses. I can only assume that people that think she's hot just have a think for famous people or maybe singers.

msstate7
10-06-2014, 01:14 PM
I don't get people thinking Katy Perry is hot. She's certainly not bad looking but she wouldn't turn heads on most college campuses. I can only assume that people that think she's hot just have a think for famous people or maybe singers.

I see better looking women every trip to the local Walmart.

drunkernhelldawg
10-06-2014, 01:24 PM
I see better looking women every trip to the local Walmart.

All of em are hot, long as ya' heat em up.

Smitty
10-06-2014, 01:26 PM
She's hot.... Not hard to admit that

State82
10-06-2014, 01:36 PM

I'll second that. I knew the name but wouldn't recognize her if she walked in my front door.

Johnson85
10-06-2014, 01:41 PM
She's hot.... Not hard to admit that

I just don't get it. You realize she's 29 right? When you were 29, would she have even been in the top dozen hottest girls you knew around your age? She's certainly very, very solid, but she just misses out on being hot even by real life standards. She's not close to being hot by the "good but not great singers that are inexplicably popular" standard.

Are you just comparing her to the 40 year olds at the local watering hole?

quickstrike2
10-06-2014, 01:49 PM
It went about how I figured it would go. Katy is out there and it shouldn't have been very surprising that she was going to dress loudly and say some risky stuff possibly. That's just her she is a little out here and alot of people love it, she is very popular and good looking. So knowing this, I thought she did very well. She admitted that it was her very first college game, she picked both Mississippi schools, even heard she did some partying in the square afterwards. Very much glad that they picked her instead of Shepard Smith and him spewing his bullshit.

gtowndawg
10-06-2014, 02:00 PM
But my Bulldog co-worker thinks she might have been the best guest picker to ever appear on GameDay. What do you think?

He was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2z5vd6tFa0

Hypnodawg
10-06-2014, 04:43 PM
She's hot. Not off the hook hot, but non of you old bastards would tell her no. She absolutely rocked her appearance on Gameday and I was floored when she pulled out the corndogs. Kirk hHerbstreit pretending not to know what she was talking about. That's some funny shit right there.

yjnkdawg
10-06-2014, 05:21 PM
She's seemed like she had too much Hotty Toddy but............. I think the guess picker is ESPN's call.