PDA

View Full Version : Walk out music for Regionals

col. forbin
05-30-2013, 09:38 AM
DS- just posted that the NCAA doesn't allow walk-out music. So someone with more twitter followers than me please help to get the message out to LFLers with loud speakers to play our walk-out music.

SaltyDawg
05-30-2013, 09:48 AM
That is ridiculous. Is this Russia?

Someone posted saying Tweeting is banned from Regionals, too. Or was previously.

col. forbin
05-30-2013, 09:51 AM
That is ridiculous. Is this Russia?

Someone posted saying Tweeting is banned from Regionals, too. Or was previously.

Remeber that is the NCAA that let Cam go but just gave a violation to a woman golfer for washing her car on campus.

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-30-2013, 09:55 AM
I will do this but do you have that rule handy? Not that I don't believe you but I'd rather know it is a written rule before I say something and look like a dumbass.

theloungeinleft
05-30-2013, 09:57 AM
You would think that would be a benefit of hosting. As long as Holder's jam is booming when he trots to the mound, I'll live.

col. forbin
05-30-2013, 10:12 AM
I will do this but do you have that rule handy? Not that I don't believe you but I'd rather know it is a written rule before I say something and look like a dumbass.

I am searching for it right now. This may take a while

sandwolf
05-30-2013, 10:17 AM

Haha, great policy. It will save you from looking stupid more often than not.

hometowndawg
05-30-2013, 10:18 AM
You would think that would be a benefit of hosting. As long as Holder's jam is booming when he trots to the mound, I'll live.

Maybe God will cut down the NCAA

Original48
05-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Unfortunately we are supposed to take any grievances to 'God' and let him decide if he wants to pass them on to the NCAA.

LiterallyPolice
05-30-2013, 10:50 AM

I'm looking over the fine print now, and looks like God only cuts down...
- long tongue liars
- midnight riders
- ramblers
- gamblers
- back biters

But I suppose we could make back-biting fit.

War Machine Dawg
05-30-2013, 10:55 AM
I'd say long tongue liars is spot on.

hometowndawg
05-30-2013, 11:01 AM
- long tongue liars
- midnight riders
- ramblers
- gamblers
- back biters

Ah alas but regardless "John will go do his will"

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Is it walk 'up' music or walk 'out'? SPS just tweeted it was walk 'up'. Huge difference as far as Holder is concerned. Walk up would be for the hitters, but Holder's is played either between innings or during a pitching change, and if you can't play music then, than I guess the NCAA is just banning music all together.

SaltyDawg
05-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Seriously though, what would the NCAA do if we said '**** it' and played walk out songs anyway? Fine us?

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Seriously though, what would the NCAA do if we said '**** it' and played walk out songs anyway? Fine us?

They could give us a suspension from potentially hosting a Regional next year if we deliberately break their rules. Maybe that would be too severe, but you never know with the NCAA. And I'm sure Bracky Brett would be sure to self-impose that penalty if the NCAA didn't.

FlabLoser
05-30-2013, 11:32 AM
- long tongue liars
- midnight riders
- ramblers
- gamblers
- back biters

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/kramer-yeah.gif

SaltyDawg
05-30-2013, 11:38 AM
I think we could get away with it for pitching changes- every ballpark I've ever been to does that.

The rule is dumb though, walk out songs are a form (however small it may be) of home field advantage that you've earned by hosting a Regional. If you don't like it, win more and host yourself.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2013, 11:42 AM
That rule is for batters walking up, not pitching changes. We should definitely play Holder's walk out music.

FlabLoser
05-30-2013, 11:46 AM
That rule is for batters walking up, not pitching changes.

@MikeBBonner disagrees.

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Looks like its for everything. I'll tweet out the stuff about LFL stereos. Maybe it will catch on.

@MikeBBonner: It's all generic. No walkouts No Johnny Cash RT @lumbar_shane stadium music oracle, is @ncaa banning walkout music? For pitchers?

CadaverDawg
05-30-2013, 11:50 AM
No cowbells, no walk out music, no teams wearing maroon, or white, no cheering if you are a fan of the host team, no grills, no standing behind the outfield fence.....per the NCAA.* Does that cover it?

What a horse shit institution the NCAA is.

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-30-2013, 11:55 AM
No cowbells, no walk out music, no teams wearing maroon, or white, no cheering if you are a fan of the host team, no grills, no standing behind the outfield fence.....per the NCAA.* Does that cover it?

What a horse shit institution the NCAA is.

Yes. And they say media can't distribute A/V of the press conferences. We wouldn't want to promote the game or anything.

Hump4Hoops
05-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Yes. And they say media can't distribute A/V of the press conferences. We wouldn't want to promote the game or anything.

This is far and away the most puzzling part. Just... why?

theloungeinleft
05-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Isn't there normally music during any pitching change? Why can't it be Johnny Cash?

SaltyDawg
05-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Isn't there normally music during any pitching change? Why can't it be Johnny Cash?

This^^

bulldogcountry1
05-30-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't remember all the specifics, but I recall things of that nature being very sanitary in past regionals. I specifically recall the announcer begin overly dry, so as to not show favoritism toward our players.

FlabLoser
05-30-2013, 04:04 PM
That why they say we are hosting a Regional instead of having a series on our home field.