PDA

View Full Version : Is Saturday going to be the biggest game in the history of the state of Mississippi?

MadDawg
10-06-2014, 10:30 AM
#2 Auburn vs. #3 Mississippi State

Has there ever been a game in the state of Mississippi that the combined rankings of the two teams were at 5 or below?

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2014, 10:38 AM
It would have had to have been in the late 50s or early 60s between LSU and UM if it has happened before.

codeDawg
10-06-2014, 10:56 AM
It would have had to have been in the late 50s or early 60s between LSU and UM if it has happened before.

Even if true, there was nowhere near the amount of national attention then, than there is now. Then there were a few newspapers and a few thousand people who cared in the 50's and 60's. Now we are Gameday, the 2:30 CBS game, and the winner is probably #1 on Sunday. Every person in America with cable television can watch our campus for a few hours before the game, then watch the #3 MSU Bulldogs play the #2 Auburn Tigers. By FAR the biggest game in MS ever.

Goat Holder
10-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Even if true, there was nowhere near the amount of national attention then, than there is now. Then there were a few newspapers and a few thousand people who cared in the 50's and 60's. Now we are Gameday, the 2:30 CBS game, and the winner is probably #1 on Sunday. Every person in America with cable television can watch our campus for a few hours before the game, then watch the #3 MSU Bulldogs play the #2 Auburn Tigers. By FAR the biggest game in MS ever.

FSU won't be booted out until they lose, and rightfully so. That's the way it works. Defending national champs and they have not lost yet. They actually beat a decent team without their starting QB. I hate Fameis State, but it is what it is.

Winner is #2.

I seen it dawg
10-06-2014, 11:00 AM
FSU won't be booted out until they lose, and rightfully so. That's the way it works. Winner is #2.

With Auburn only 2 pts back of FSU we will pass them. Especially after we dominate them like we are gong to. We will get all of Auburn first place votes and probably take some from FSU.

codeDawg
10-06-2014, 11:11 AM
With Auburn only 2 pts back of FSU we will pass them. Especially after we dominate them like we are gong to. We will get all of Auburn first place votes and probably take some from FSU.

This is it. With the national attention there will be on this game, the winner will pass FSU this week, especially if they dominate. You have to think there are some SEC leaning voters that are splitting votes between MSU and Auburn. The winner will get the the higher ranking and move well ahead of FSU.

Now, FSU can get it back with an impressive win over ND, but this week's winner is #1.

mstatefan91
10-06-2014, 11:16 AM
It will certainly be the biggest game in Mississippi in my lifetime and the biggest college football game that I will have ever attended. Can't effing wait