PDA

View Full Version : Chances of us rolling out our C or D game Saturday?

Goat Holder
10-06-2014, 09:25 AM
You all know King Jackie's theory.....you only get 4, maybe 5 (now with the 12 game sked) emotionally 'high' games each year. The rest, you have to simply out-talent the competition. Obviously our up games aren't going to be USM, UAB, USA or UT-Martin. Chances are excellent most of the time it isn't going to be your road games, so there's LSU, Kentucky, Alabama and Ole Miss. So we're left with aTm, Auburn, Arkansas and Vanderbilt. And you typically can't be 'up' for two games in a row. All of this is THEORY. So let's move on.

Let's keep it real, LSU was an up performance albeit on the road. Louisiana boys wanted that one. That'll cancel out Vandy, because you know we won't be up for that. Impossible to tell on Kentucky, Alabama and Ole Miss since they are so far in the future (although Kentucky seems like a classic trap game). The questions are, were we 'up' for aTm, and if so, can we be 'up' again for Auburn in successive weeks?

Question 1: Those of you at the game will have to answer the first question. I don't know what the energy of the team was. Good thing is, we blew them out, so it wasn't one of those 4 quarter emotional grinds like Ole Miss just went through. They are most certainly going to be flat on the road this week vs. aTm. I mean, we had a turnover or two didn't we? Just never know when you won't get the breaks.

Question 2: Maybe, just maybe, even if we are a tad flat/cocky, Prescott and the unreal crowd we'll have will keep the team fired up no matter what?

I seen it dawg
10-06-2014, 09:31 AM
None

Kechup
10-06-2014, 09:31 AM
You think we're going to come out flat against the #2 team, with Gameday in town, and by far the biggest game in Starkville ever? Come on bro

UMCDawg16
10-06-2014, 09:34 AM
What if Auburn rolls out their C or D game?

Covercorner2
10-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Come on, man

Goat Holder
10-06-2014, 09:37 AM
What if Auburn rolls out their C or D game?

Then we beat their ass.

Not sure why you all are getting butt-hurt over this question. We are fully capable of beating Auburn. But we need at minimum 80% mental sharpness to do it. MSU has never dealt with success well in the past.

AlSwearengen
10-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Goat, I could be wrong, but I didn't sense that the team was overly geeked up for the A&M game. I have a feeling that auburn has a big target on their backs because of the last few years. My biggest concern is that all of the distractions get to us and that we have to learn to be the team that people are gunning for.

BeardoMSU
10-06-2014, 09:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8IethsyIQ

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 09:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JFcWXRf.gif

TrapGame
10-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Goat do you get up every morning and go "How can I f*ck with everyone on Elite Dawgs today?".

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I don't think we've played with a high yet. This team is different and mature. We play like we are on a business mission, not like we are out of control.

IMO, we still haven't played out best game. We still make mistakes

jimbo352
10-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Unlike in years past... This team has the talent to overcome a C type outing... We have the ability to overcome flat/unemotional starts with this team.

I don't think that will be a problem this week. If we lose, it will be because Auburn brought their A game.

I haven't been that impressed with Auburn, but hell, I wasn't impressed last year... They're good at finding a way to win, hopefully we shut them down.

TrapGame
10-06-2014, 09:52 AM
I think Collins wants revenge for that last two minutes a year ago. His defense is going after Marshall like Winston goes after crab legs!

Ralph
10-06-2014, 09:59 AM
I honestly don't think we were too 'up' for aTm. A tell-tale sign of that is coming out of the gate strong, then fading as the game progresses. I have not seen this team do that at all.

Dawgheadcheese
10-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Dude - we have never had a team, coaching staff, depth, leadership, quarterback like this in the past. Worry about something else. As long as Dak is healthy and on the field, this team is not going to play a C or D game when it counts.

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2014, 10:12 AM
If we come out flat against Auburn I fully expect Dak to insert cleats betwixt and between the cheeks of offending players until they admit the error of their ways and make immedite amends.

messageboardsuperhero
10-06-2014, 10:18 AM
I can't speak for how we'll execute because nobody really knows that until the game starts- but there is no way we are emotionally flat for this one. #2 team in the country coming to town for a top five matchup, the biggest home game in school history, Gameday in town, potential #1 ranking on the line... Absolutely zero chance. None. We have too much veteran leadership for that to happen.

And frankly, I don't even know if we were all that "up" for A&M. Obviously the players were extremely excited for the game and the fans were pumped... But we took the Aggies to the ****ing woodshed. That game wasn't even remotely close, and we coasted at the end.

QuadrupleOption
10-06-2014, 10:27 AM
You all know King Jackie's theory.....you only get 4, maybe 5 (now with the 12 game sked) emotionally 'high' games each year. The rest, you have to simply out-talent the competition. Obviously our up games aren't going to be USM, UAB, USA or UT-Martin. Chances are excellent most of the time it isn't going to be your road games, so there's LSU, Kentucky, Alabama and Ole Miss. So we're left with aTm, Auburn, Arkansas and Vanderbilt. And you typically can't be 'up' for two games in a row. All of this is THEORY. So let's move on.

Let's keep it real, LSU was an up performance albeit on the road. Louisiana boys wanted that one. That'll cancel out Vandy, because you know we won't be up for that. Impossible to tell on Kentucky, Alabama and Ole Miss since they are so far in the future (although Kentucky seems like a classic trap game). The questions are, were we 'up' for aTm, and if so, can we be 'up' again for Auburn in successive weeks?

Question 1: Those of you at the game will have to answer the first question. I don't know what the energy of the team was. Good thing is, we blew them out, so it wasn't one of those 4 quarter emotional grinds like Ole Miss just went through. They are most certainly going to be flat on the road this week vs. aTm. I mean, we had a turnover or two didn't we? Just never know when you won't get the breaks.

Question 2: Maybe, just maybe, even if we are a tad flat/cocky, Prescott and the unreal crowd we'll have will keep the team fired up no matter what?

I always thought that statement from JS was kinda bogus. I understand that you aren't going to be climbing the walls to play every opponent but it doesn't mean you'll play shitty either.
If our team can't get fired up for the #2 team in the country coming to our house with GameDay right outside the stadium and a sold-out raucous crowd then there's no help for them.

1) It didn't look like the team was overly fired up. They'd celebrate a good play, but they do that every week - even against UAB and USA.
2) I think if that's an issue Prescott and our Seniors will fix it by Tuesday.

EAVdog
10-06-2014, 10:27 AM
We haven't even brought our A game yet. Let that sink in, cause it's true.

PMDawg
10-06-2014, 10:29 AM
0%. Another terrible post.

Goat Holder
10-06-2014, 10:41 AM
I don't think we've played with a high yet. This team is different and mature. We play like we are on a business mission, not like we are out of control.

IMO, we still haven't played out best game. We still make mistakes

I'm leaning that way too, we've had a pretty workmanlike effort vs. everybody in general, LSU being an exception.

RougeDawg
10-06-2014, 10:42 AM
The same percentage that you'll wake up with a 3rd arm growing out of your ass in the morning.

EdDawg
10-06-2014, 10:42 AM
I know at least one guy that won't come out flat... Dillon Day.

Goat Holder
10-06-2014, 10:57 AM
0%. Another terrible post.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5x3zY5-HGi0/Ujcb3J3sPiI/AAAAAAAAEaM/KYeEEgZi9sQ/s400/Screen+Shot+2013-09-01+at+10.51.26+PM.png

msstatelp1
10-06-2014, 11:01 AM
This team doesn't need to be "up" to beat anybody. They have the confidence that all good teams have when they step into the stadium. I think they believe that they can beat any team on our schedule and that they have a larger goal than beating a particular team. They are after a championship and are doing what it takes to get it.

Barking 13
10-06-2014, 11:14 AM
This team doesn't need to be "up" to beat anybody. They have the confidence that all good teams have when they step into the stadium. I think they believe that they can beat any team on our schedule and that they have a larger goal than beating a particular team. They are after a championship and are doing what it takes to get it.

Business as usual They are just that good, and proving it week after week, and getting better... If Bama plays like they did against TSUN, we'll smoke that ass too..

Johnson85
Being too jacked up is the concern. There are three ways we can lose this game. (1) Auburn is just better, (2) We don't execute well because we're too amped up, (3) We don't execute well because we spend all week looking at newspaper clippings and are thinking about rankings and accolades rather than focusing on practice and the game plan.

I'm not really worried about Number 3 at all in the sense that this team will get the big head. I worry a little bit that thinknig about expectations, along with coming out a little too hyped up, could cause us to play tight.

But regardless, no chance the players aren't 'up' for this game.

mstatefan91
Chances of Goat get everyone riled up at the beginning of the week: 100%

tcdog70
10-06-2014, 11:41 AM
This is the Biggest Game ever on our Campus. Goat's post has to be stupidest ever. Then throw in Game Day--- We will be "Ready as Aunt Betty" and she was always ready

drunkernhelldawg
10-06-2014, 11:53 AM
It's all about talent and preparation. Our coaches are doing a great job. Well be ready.