PDA

View Full Version : How would you regulate a mandate that requires a BCS OOC opponent every year?

Goat Holder
05-30-2013, 09:18 AM
First of all, I'm not one of those guys advocating 9 games or a harder schedule for the OOC. And I sure enjoyed the extra win the past 3 years for MSU. But I do think, with the 8 game schedule, it's not too much to ask to play a minimum of 1 BCS OOC opponent per year, if nothing else, for cross pollenation purposes. My question is, how do you regulate it? Does the Big East count? Should it be home and home? Does that violate free trade agreements? Would other conferences be agreeable? Seems to me like you'd have to get with a whole conference and have an SEC/B1G Challenge or something.

But that then raises the question....what of Kentucky, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida, who already play BCS rivals every year? Would they be required to play an extra game? Also, how do you keep it fair? How do you keep Alabama from playing Duke and us from playing Ohio State?

It's a novel idea, but I see no way to make it happen routinely.

FlabLoser
05-30-2013, 09:40 AM
If there were ever a case against the NCAA for collusion, football market manipulation, and using oligopy powers to shut out smaller conferences, this is it.