PDA

View Full Version : So many weapons

FlabLoser
10-06-2014, 08:41 AM
We were back and forth on attacking the middle vs attacking the outsides. And we did it running and throwing. The defense never knew where we were attacking and whether it would be running or throwing. If the defense plays honest, we're good enough to beat them. If they cheat somewhere and give up something, we gash them for a big play.

We attack the outsides with back shoulder throws, the option, and sweeps. Move to defend the outisde, and Dak or J Rob go up the middle. Cover that option, and its a play fake to Fred Brown wide open for a TD (unless he drops the ball). Even when the D is sure we're running an option, its really a reverse.

Man, this offense is the best we've ever put on the football field. We force the D to defend the whole field and stay honest before and after the snap. It is a thing of beauty

BulldogBear
10-06-2014, 08:56 AM
The line before LSU was: MSU doesn't have the weapons
The line before Texas S&M (smoke & mirrors) was: Texas A&M has too many weapons

What variation on weapons will be the reason we have no chance to win this week?***

DudyDawg
10-06-2014, 09:00 AM
I truly believe that if we stay healthy we can and should compete and beat Anyone we play.

Also, it's not just weapons. For the most part, Dan's play calling has been superb. Especially theses past two. Same can be said for defense other than the end of lsu and that corner blitz to start tamu

msstate7
10-06-2014, 09:02 AM
The line before LSU was: MSU doesn't have the weapons
The line before Texas S&M (smoke & mirrors) was: Texas A&M has too many weapons

What variation on weapons will be the reason we have no chance to win this week?***

Both of these teams are loaded with weapons. As well as I like our wr's, auburn's are better. I like our qb and rb better though. Both teams have great offenses. I think the difference will be our front 7 will out play theirs

DawgInMemphis
10-06-2014, 09:20 AM
We were back and forth on attacking the middle vs attacking the outsides. And we did it running and throwing. The defense never knew where we were attacking and whether it would be running or throwing. If the defense plays honest, we're good enough to beat them. If they cheat somewhere and give up something, we gash them for a big play.

We attack the outsides with back shoulder throws, the option, and sweeps. Move to defend the outisde, and Dak or J Rob go up the middle. Cover that option, and its a play fake to Fred Brown wide open for a TD (unless he drops the ball). Even when the D is sure we're running an option, its really a reverse.

Man, this offense is the best we've ever put on the football field. We force the D to defend the whole field and stay honest before and after the snap. It is a thing of beauty

Ross dropped that pass, but yes - we have a multitude of playmakers on both sides of the ball.

jimbo352
10-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Most playmakers we've had on the field in my lifetime. specifically at WR/QB... It took a long time to find a QB, but damn we sure found a good one in Dak.

sandwolf
10-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Also, it's not just weapons. For the most part, Dan's play calling has been superb. Especially theses past two.

This has been one of the most impressive things to me. He has really found his groove calling plays this year.

jimbo352
10-06-2014, 10:07 AM
This has been one of the most impressive things to me. He has really found his groove calling plays this year.

No offense to Dan, but Dak makes it real easy to look good calling plays. He's so good when things break down, that we don't notice the WTF calls as much.

DudyDawg
10-06-2014, 10:10 AM
No offense to Dan, but Dak makes it real easy to look good calling plays. He's so good when things break down, that we don't notice the WTF calls as much.

I see what you're saying, and obviously not every play you call will work, but that's what superstars do. Make the play they are asked and turn good plays to great ones and bad ones to good ones.

shoeless joe
10-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Been saying this all year. Offensively we have weapons all over the field. And just as important we finally have a coach capable of using them successfully.

codeDawg
10-06-2014, 11:53 AM

I think the biggest difference is a QB who is making the right reads. Dak looks like a machine going through his progressions in the passing game. There are probably some audibles Dak makes at the line when he sees something we never notice.