PDA

View Full Version : Turn on the bat signal for Coach 57

FlabLoser
10-06-2014, 08:34 AM
I'd like to hear his feedback on aTm and his outlook for Auburn.

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Do you mean C57?

FlabLoser
10-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Yep. Fixed.

Coach 57
10-06-2014, 10:19 AM
My initial thoughts are we will be successful Vs Auburn. Let's look at a few things here. We are playing them at home. The last time they played a decent defense in a hostile environment was in K-State. Honestly K-State should've won that game. They presented a lot of problems for Auburn because they were able to nufflfy the run game and drop in coverage. K-State doesn't have NEARLY the talent level at in their front 7 that we do. Not only that we have a 14 deep that they don't posses either. When you can rotate your entire front 7 in the middle of a drive and still get good production out of them it's difficult to assess on offense. That depth really starts taking its toll later. We were successful Vs aTm because we could rush 4 and GET PRESSURE and drop 7. There were time the DE would also drop in the flats too. I think that we HAD an awesome game plan defensively last year to stop them and I think it'll be even better this year with better talent. My initial thoughts are that we roll them hard. This is the game where they see they'll miss Mason tremendously. A lot of people think that Marshall is the "straw that stirs the drink" this is the game they find out it was actually Mason that did. Our DEs in this game must play at a very high level, our DTs & ILBs must account for their gap assignments and let safeties survey the field. I think we expose their OLBs & CBs on offense. And Josh/Dak need to run the ball to make their safeties load up to work the PA over the top. As good as they are I don't feel they have a CB that can play man Vs Bear.

FlabLoser
10-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Awesome stuff!

Its gonna be a long week waiting for Saturday.

And we're #3! Damn, I've never been so giddy.

UMCDawg16
10-06-2014, 10:25 AM
My initial thoughts are we will be successful Vs Auburn. Let's look at a few things here. We are playing them at home. The last time they played a decent defense in a hostile environment was in K-State. Honestly K-State should've won that game. They presented a lot of problems for Auburn because they were able to nufflfy the run game and drop in coverage. K-State doesn't have NEARLY the talent level at in their front 7 that we do. Not only that we have a 14 deep that they don't posses either. When you can rotate your entire front 7 in the middle of a drive and still get good production out of them it's difficult to assess on offense. That depth really starts taking its toll later. We were successful Vs aTm because we could rush 4 and GET PRESSURE and drop 7. There were time the DE would also drop in the flats too. I think that we HAD an awesome game plan defensively last year to stop them and I think it'll be even better this year with better talent. My initial thoughts are that we roll them hard. This is the game where they see they'll miss Mason tremendously. A lot of people think that Marshall is the "straw that stirs the drink" this is the game they find out it was actually Mason that did. Our DEs in this game must play at a very high level, our DTs & ILBs must account for their gap assignments and let safeties survey the field. I think we expose their OLBs & CBs on offense. And Josh/Dak need to run the ball to make their safeties load up to work the PA over the top. As good as they are I don't feel they have a CB that can play man Vs Bear.

fishwater99
10-06-2014, 10:58 AM

Great info C57..

Goat Holder
10-06-2014, 11:02 AM
My initial thoughts are we will be successful Vs Auburn.........My initial thoughts are that we roll them hard.

I like it C57! I have that feeling too, but mine is more emotional and just a gut feeling in general. Your feelings are rooted in logic. That's a great combination to have.

msstate7
10-06-2014, 11:06 AM
My biggest concern with their offense is the hr ball to williams and Coates

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2014, 11:47 AM

http://i.imgur.com/tMyyOIB.gif

msstate7
10-06-2014, 11:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tMyyOIB.gif

Williams: 25 catches 385 yards 15.4 yards/catch 5 tds
Coates: 9 catches 200 yards 22.22 yards/catch 1 td

These are dangerous. I'm not saying I don't like our defense, but these 2 guys can hurt us

Goat Holder
10-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Explain why you are so confident that we will stop it. They are better than aTm in that regard. And worst of all, friggin' Marshall has shown that he can have pin-point accuracy when he wants to.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 12:04 PM

Excellent

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Williams: 25 catches 385 yards 15.4 yards/catch 5 tds
Coates: 9 catches 200 yards 22.22 yards/catch 1 td

These are dangerous. I'm not saying I don't like our defense, but these 2 guys can hurt us

Absolutely they're dangerous. But they aren't any more dangerous than Speedy Noil and Seals for aTm. We just stopped by far the best passing team we'll face all season without giving up the big play. We'll be fine against Auburn.

msstate7
10-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Absolutely they're dangerous. But they aren't any more dangerous than Speedy Noil and Seals for aTm. We just stopped by far the best passing team we'll face all season without giving up the big play. We'll be fine against Auburn.

I hope so. I think there is a difference though. Against aTm we were looking for pass first. Against auburn we'll be looking for run first which will make us more vulnerable to the big pass play

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2014, 12:13 PM
I hope so. I think there is a difference though. Against aTm we were looking for pass first. Against auburn we'll be looking for run first which will make us more vulnerable to the big pass play

I thought of that, but I like our ability to stop the run with our front 7 and not have to commit our safeties to playing up near the line. That will help keep us from getting beat deep on play-action. The wait for Saturday is going to be awful. I look for this game to be a damn war.

TrapGame
10-06-2014, 12:17 PM
A&M had the #1 offense coming into that game and we covered Noil and Seals very well. Last I checked AU has the #36 offense. Chris Jones was collapsing the pocket on Hill all day long. Hill got scared. Marshall will too.

msstate7
10-06-2014, 12:22 PM
A&M had the #1 offense coming into that game and we covered Noil and Seals very well. Last I checked AU has the #36 offense. Chris Jones was collapsing the pocket on Hill all day long. Hill got scared. Marshall will too.

We also had like the worst passing defense in the country going into that game. Stats can be misleading.

I think we win this game, but if we dont stop Coates and williams from burning us deep it could be a very tough game. If we control the wr's, I think we roll them

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2014, 12:33 PM
One thing about Bear. I knew he was big...but dayum. That picture last week of him, Dak, and Tebow standing together you saw just how big he really is. To think he plays WR is incredible.

basedog
10-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Very good post 57, I think we win the game but I do have two major concerns, one being a game that comes down to a late FG attempt by us and two Auburn has been in this situation a lot the last year and a half.

Marshall has been very good in the clutch. Auburn has demonstrated they will gamble and hopefully we make the pay!

Dawgs 37 War Eagles 34

This game will have the largest crowd ever to watch a game in Mississippi!

FlabLoser
10-06-2014, 12:35 PM
One thing about Bear. I knew he was big...but dayum. That picture last week of him, Dak, and Tebow standing together you saw just how big he really is. To think he plays WR is incredible.

I like that crossover basketball thing he does after his makes a big play.

DudyDawg
10-06-2014, 12:49 PM
I like that crossover basketball thing he does after his makes a big play.

Haha I noticed that too. Passes it between his legs before giving it to the ref. Cool little celebration

Coach 57
10-06-2014, 12:54 PM
As far as Auburn's WRs making plays down the field is concerned here are a few things to consider. Our CBs that are currently here are being coached to be successful in man-press type scenarios that then lead into the safeties. The biggest home run threat is ACTUALLY inside. Your slot WRs, TE hybrids etc etc. one thing we did in some of our nickel looks Vs aTm was replace McKinney with Richie. Brown isn't near the physical threat BMac is but what he lacks in physicality he makes up for it with his speed and coverage ability. It played to our favor (btw didn't I say we hadn't been in nickel yet Vs anybody going into aTm therefore hadn't shown that particular look yet?) as Richie had a nice day. Collins is proving himself as a great defensive play caller/tactician in planning to stop the opposing offenses. Dan has let him really be diverse in scheme and personnel. It's paying dividends on the field. When we play Auburn again don't expect us to be in nickel Vs them. We'll stay with our base sets and take away the run, then take away the home run plays. He's not good at his progressions either. After the secondary route isn't open he's bailing. We've hotta know THAT & exploit it. I say he throws a few our way in this game.

Political Hack
10-06-2014, 12:55 PM
I didn't watch the KSU game. wish I had. I'd probably feel better than I do after watching them absolutely steam hammer LSU. I worry about them being able to create running lanes against us. They don't "block" running lanes, they design Jen and seal them off. Its a different animal. A chip block is all the need a lot of the times to bust trough a hole and get to the second level. Their system just doesn't put a lot of pressure on their OL, which is where we could dominate them.

I think it's much closer than the A&M, a game in which I never once batted my eyes at. I was supremely confident in that match up... not so much for this one. I think we win a close game because we have better depth and better leadership, but Malzahn is capable of "out cute'ing" CDM.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 12:58 PM

You're exactly right. Two giant WR's with speed against our secondary on play action, is scary. If someone rolls their eyes at you saying that, they are just flat out wrong. Doesn't mean we won't stop them, but the worry is warranted.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 01:00 PM
As far as Auburn's WRs making plays down the field is concerned here are a few things to consider. Our CBs that are currently here are being coached to be successful in man-press type scenarios that then lead into the safeties. The biggest home run threat is ACTUALLY inside. Your slot WRs, TE hybrids etc etc. one thing we did in some of our nickel looks Vs aTm was replace McKinney with Richie. Brown isn't near the physical threat BMac is but what he lacks in physicality he makes up for it with his speed and coverage ability. It played to our favor (btw didn't I say we hadn't been in nickel yet Vs anybody going into aTm therefore hadn't shown that particular look yet?) as Richie had a nice day. Collins is proving himself as a great defensive play caller/tactician in planning to stop the opposing offenses. Dan has let him really be diverse in scheme and personnel. It's paying dividends on the field. When we play Auburn again don't expect us to be in nickel Vs them. We'll stay with our base sets and take away the run, then take away the home run plays. He's not good at his progressions either. After the secondary route isn't open he's bailing. We've hotta know THAT & exploit it. I say he throws a few our way in this game.

Good stuff

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 01:01 PM
I didn't watch the KSU game. wish I had. I'd probably feel better than I do after watching them absolutely steam hammer LSU. I worry about them being able to create running lanes against us. They don't "block" running lanes, they design Jen and seal them off. Its a different animal. A chip block is all the need a lot of the times to bust trough a hole and get to the second level. Their system just doesn't put a lot of pressure on their OL, which is where we could dominate them.

I think it's much closer than the A&M, a game in which I never once batted my eyes at. I was supremely confident in that match up... not so much for this one. I think we win a close game because we have better depth and better leadership, but Malzahn is capable of "out cute'ing" CDM.

I agree. I think tackling in the open field will be even more important against Auburn than it was against A&M....and that says a lot.

Chinchilla
10-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Very good post 57, I think we win the game but I do have two major concerns, one being a game that comes down to a late FG attempt by us and two Auburn has been in this situation a lot the last year and a half.

Marshall has been very good in the clutch. Auburn has demonstrated they will gamble and hopefully we make the pay!

Dawgs 37 War Eagles 34

That depends on how you define this situation. They have not been the road team in a game this big. It's not going to be something they're totally used to.

Bubb Rubb
10-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Very good post 57, I think we win the game but I do have two major concerns, one being a game that comes down to a late FG attempt by us and two Auburn has been in this situation a lot the last year and a half.Marshall has been very good in the clutch. Auburn has demonstrated they will gamble and hopefully we make the pay!

Dawgs 37 War Eagles 34

I saw someone else post this, so I can't take credit for it, but I thought it was a great point. We tend to underestimate what we did last year. This team learned how to bear down and win football games when the odds were stacked against them. The Arkansas win (with a third string QB) and the Egg Bowl win (with an injured Dak only playing 1Q) were huge. One of the most difficult things to do for a team is to learn how to win; to impose their will and keep their composure when the chips are down. They learned how to do it last year and are reaping the rewards now.

DancingRabbit
10-06-2014, 01:10 PM

I saw the one of Dan, Tebow and Dak but haven't seen the one with Bear. Anyone have it handy?

Todd4State
10-06-2014, 01:34 PM
We also had like the worst passing defense in the country going into that game. Stats can be misleading.

I think we win this game, but if we dont stop Coates and williams from burning us deep it could be a very tough game. If we control the wr's, I think we roll them

What?

Todd4State
10-06-2014, 01:35 PM

I think it will be closer because they aren't going to throw it 60 something times and it's going to result in less time to score.

msstate7
10-06-2014, 01:36 PM
What?

We were ranked #117 (around this spot anyway) in passing yards allowed

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2014, 01:38 PM
The key to this game is our ability to stop the run. If we make Auburn one dimensional, think there is a strong chance that we win.

Political Hack
10-06-2014, 05:05 PM
The key to this game is our ability to stop the run. If we make Auburn one dimensional, think there is a strong chance that we win.

if we can stop the run there's a strong chance we blow them out. I think this will be the toughest game for our defense.

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2014, 05:07 PM
if we can stop the run there's a strong chance we blow them out. I think this will be the toughest game for our defense.

I'm not disagreeing, but why do you feel that way?

We match up far better with Auburn than we did against A&M

RougeDawg
10-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Out of our last 3 games I had them ranked this order on level of difficulty and it hasn't changed. 1) A&M because that was our worst matchup. 2) LSU because it was @ LSU and we hadn't overcome the demons. 3) Auburn because we have them at home and will shut down that offense this year without mason. They have no Homerun threat at RB and we will pressure Marshall into a few turnovers. He hasn't seen a defense this good all year and maybe since joining AU.

This one will be uglier than A&M if we just play our game.

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2014, 05:32 PM
I saw the one of Dan, Tebow and Dak but haven't seen the one with Bear. Anyone have it handy?

Found it. Here is the link. Can't post image from my phone.

https://m.facebook.com/HailStateFootball/photos/pb.136203519725472.-2207520000.1412634521./904560452889771/?type=1&source=42

Political Hack
10-06-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm not disagreeing, but why do you feel that way?

We match up far better with Auburn than we did against A&M

no we don't. Our offense versus their defense was a huge mismatch. And our DBs could handle their passing game since we didn't have to worry about them running the ball enough to put more than 5-6 in the box most downs. This week we'll need 6-7 in tr box, which puts more pressure on our back 4 than A&M did. I also think their big 2 WRs are more talented and the run/pass threat from Marshall forces our DBs to keep their eyes in the backfield, which makes it even more difficult to cover their bigs. This will, by far, be the toughest offense we defend all year.

Offensively, we're playing a much better defense this week than we did last week. it's not close. We'll score fewer points than we did last week.

I expect it to be close... and one of the best games in the history of Scott Field. I think we win a close one!

Dawgcentral
10-06-2014, 06:41 PM
We match up well with them. My concern is Malzahn's ability to adjust his play calling on the fly. Whether it's running or passing, the dude finds the soft spots. In that regard, they'll get some yards. Limiting yards after the catch and some red zone defense could carry us to victory.

Once again, get pressure with the front. Our linebackers have speed, but will need good positioning and reads.

The crowd will help. Auburn hasn't heard that stadium the way it can be now.

Political Hack
10-06-2014, 07:04 PM
we match up well with everyone in the country. we're that damn talented. it's just that auburn is our worst match up IMO. If we're going to lose a game on our regular season schedule it's this one or the egg bowl (just because it's in Oxford and it's such a huge rivalry game).

Coach34
10-06-2014, 07:41 PM
We were ranked #117 (around this spot anyway) in passing yards allowed

There is more to pass defense than just yards allowed...we were in the top 20 in the country in a few other pass defense categories...Jeeeez

I seen it dawg
10-06-2014, 09:18 PM
We are the ****ing 85 Bears of college football. Get used to it. For those of you to young to know what the hell I'm talking about wiki that shit.

msstate7
10-06-2014, 09:26 PM
There is more to pass defense than just yards allowed...we were in the top 20 in the country in a few other pass defense categories...Jeeeez

Which is why I said stats were misleading.

maroonmania
10-06-2014, 10:01 PM
This will be the best defense we've faced so far. Definitely a cut above LSU and aTm. Rather than 37-34 I think its going to be something more like 27-24. Hopefully we are on the winning side of that ledger. The only big advantage they have on us is that they ALWAYS seem to have a good FG kicker and we currently don't. We've yet to make a FG longer than an extra point. Last year FGs WERE the difference in the game. Final score was 24-20 and they were 3-3 on FGs (2 of those over 40 yards) while we were 0-1 (in the 35 yard range). That was a 12 point swing. We can't let that happen again this year.

Barking 13
10-06-2014, 10:14 PM
We are the ****ing 85 Bears of college football. Get used to it. For those of you to young to know what the hell I'm talking about wiki that shit.

one of my all time favorite teams, and I'm a Packers fan..lol Leslie Frazier was on that team (we were in school together from the 6th grade thru high school)

Now if we had a Matt Suhey lead blocking for JRob and Dak, we'd be unstoppable on the ground...