PDA

View Full Version : Apparently the reb PR/spin machine works some of the time

DancingRabbit
10-06-2014, 07:44 AM
"Between them, the Rebels and Bulldogs have won the SEC West just twice since the league split into two divisions in 1992."

I don't really blame the writer as I've read his articles before and they seemed accurate and unbiased. Probably got some of his info from "an Ole Miss source". Just like the "Ole Miss source" that said the NCAA probe was all about women's basketball.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/mississippi-tie-rebels-bulldogs-3rd-ap-poll

mparkerfd20
10-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Technically he's right even if Ole Miss didn't go to Atlanta. They were recognized as Co-Champs one year like it or not.

DancingRabbit
10-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Technically he's right even if Ole Miss didn't go to Atlanta. They were recognized as Co-Champs one year like it or not.

One of those is not like the other.

NFL divisions are decided by tie-breakers all the time - only 1 is division champ.

maroonmania
10-06-2014, 07:55 AM

Technically we were both Co-Champs per the view of the SEC. Head to head put us in over Arkansas and the head to head loss to LSU kept OM out. But, outside the view of the SEC office, tiebreakers DO count and we were the champ of the West in 98, nobody else. Heck, we were "technically" co-champs with LSU for the SEC basketball championship in 91 but since we were 2-0 against LSU that year I certainly don't see it that way.

Coach34
10-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Yep- Ole Missus even hangs the banner to prove it

BulldogBear
10-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Yeah, this has always irritated me, not about Ole Miss in particular. IF you are not the one reaping the rewards, you are not champion. It may be official, but it's a joke to everyone else. IF I tie is "broken" then why is it still considered a tie?

Thick
10-06-2014, 08:22 AM

Co-champs on a banner is just that...a banner. If you go to the ATL representing the West then you are the champion of the west. That's just my opinion though.