PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Jermaine Whitehead gets his suspension lifted this week?

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2014, 07:08 AM
If his suspension is truly just for mouthing off to a coach then I just can't help but think he's suiting up. However, if there is an underlying reason that has not been publicly disclosed then maybe he stays on the sideline. I would think Malzhan would want his best players on the field Saturday.

missouridawg
10-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Not sure who it was but Auburn lost another defender for our first half for a penalty in the LSU game.

Leroy Jenkins
10-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Not sure who it was but Auburn lost another defender for our first half for a penalty in the LSU game.

That targeting penalty on the safety was in the 1st half so his suspension will be over for our game, if we are talking about the same guy.

FlabLoser
10-06-2014, 08:01 AM
I hope Whitehead plays. He needs to experience defeat at Davis Wade Stadium.

Leroy Jenkins
10-06-2014, 08:06 AM
I hope Whitehead plays. He needs to experience defeat at Davis Wade Stadium.

he was there for the 2012 loss, right?

WinningIsRelentless
10-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Let him play he can't cover anyone to save his life

DancingRabbit
10-06-2014, 08:13 AM
That targeting penalty on the safety was in the 1st half so his suspension will be over for our game, if we are talking about the same guy.

I don't think it works that way. Seems like if you get ejected in the 1st half, you miss 1/2 of the next game. If you get ejected in the 2nd half, you miss the whole next game.

Could be wrong though, just going off memory - which is sketchy sometimes.

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2014, 08:19 AM
I don't think it works that way. Seems like if you get ejected in the 1st half, you miss 1/2 of the next game. If you get ejected in the 2nd half, you miss the whole next game.

No, I am pretty positive that you are suspended for the rest of the game you are currently playing and if the ejection happens in the second half you miss the first half of the next game. The fact that his ejection happened in the first half should mean he is available to play in ours.

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2014, 08:46 AM
he was there for the 2012 loss, right?

Indeed. We picked on him all game. Something like 3 of our 4 TDs were against him.

DudyDawg
10-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Suspension is a one game one, including the one you're playing (i.e. Two halves). First half suspension means you miss that first and second half, second half means you miss that half and the next first half

Jacksondevildog
10-06-2014, 08:58 AM
This is correct. If the penalty comes in the first half, you are suspended for the first half of the following game. If the penalty occurs in the second half, you are suspended for the entire game for the following game.

Covercorner2
10-06-2014, 09:04 AM
I believe the guy that got ejected is Nick Ruffin..

Intramural All-American
10-06-2014, 09:05 AM
This is correct. If the penalty comes in the first half, you are suspended for the first half of the following game. If the penalty occurs in the second half, you are suspended for the entire game for the following game.

No, that is not correct. If you get ejected in the first half, you miss the rest of the game. If you get ejected in the second half, you miss the first half of the next game.

Bully Dee Williams
10-06-2014, 09:08 AM
They clearly said on the broadcast that the kid would have to sit out the first half against us as well.

Leroy Jenkins
10-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Hey, if I tell you a rooster dips snuff you better check under his wing for a tin. Just go with what I say and you'll be fine.

From the NCAA rule.

"If the foul occurs in the first half of a game, the player is ejected for the remainder of the game. If the foul occurs in the second half or overtime of a game, the player is ejected for the remainder of the game and the first half of the next contest."

Fvck!

Intramural All-American
10-06-2014, 09:22 AM
The announcers also said Elijah staley recovered an onside kick. They make mistakes. just do a quick search of the targeting ejection rule if you don't believe us.