PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the TEs?

Reason2succeed
10-06-2014, 06:45 AM
It says that Malcolm Johnson started but the TEs didn't have any catches and I can't remember any targets? Was ATM taking that away or did we put them out if the gameplan?

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2014, 06:54 AM
I have no idea, but to be honest, 48 points later (with another 10 left on the table) I 'm fine with how the game played out. It well could be they took them out after seeing how we utilized them so far this season. They just forgot to cover our WR's. That's what I like about this offense so much. We have so many weapons. In years past we would have one decent to good receiver. You cover him and there goes our passing game - especially when our QB would not be able to hit water out of a boat. Today, you cover our #1 receiver and we have receviers 2-4 that are just as capable of lighting you up. Or a RB out of th backfield. Or a TE going down the middle. Plus we have a QB that can get the ball to them. I'm only 40 but I don't remember ever seeing an offense as lethal as the one we have. Not saying there's not an elite level defense out there that can't shut us down for one game. There's always that possibility. But I think they would have to play the game of their lives all 60 minutes to do it. We now have so many weapons that if one or two are not having their best day we have others that can and will step up. I honestly think that OC's need to gameplan to score at least 30 to try and beat us.

msstate7
10-06-2014, 06:55 AM
558 total yards, 48 points... And one of our best offensive weapons didn't get a catch, lewis didn't play, and we had a new starter on oline. How good is this offense?

Rick Danko
10-06-2014, 07:08 AM
Not too impressive, hell A&M isn't even a top 10 team.

Just ask Danny Kanell****

Reason2succeed
10-06-2014, 07:27 AM
558 total yards, 48 points... And one of our best offensive weapons didn't get a catch, lewis didn't play, and we had a new starter on oline. How good is this offense?

EXACTLY!!! Malcolm Johnson and Jameon Lewis are huge in our offense. They're out. Who cares? Next man up.

Leroy Jenkins
10-06-2014, 07:57 AM
EXACTLY!!! Malcolm Johnson and Jameon Lewis are huge in our offense. They're out. Who cares? Next man up.

Johnson played

whosyourdawgy
10-06-2014, 08:16 AM
He may not have made a catch but he made some helluva blocks in the game. I don't think you'll hear him complaining about not getting a catch. He isn't forgotten by any means